Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Force default weapon(s)

What setting do I need to change to provide a default weapon on all maps on the server.

I'd like to have the rifle as default and also provide the laser. Also need to set the amo to be unlimited.

Eh sry uploaded the balanceXonotic file to a wrong dir although can't seem to find the setting for unlimited amo.
[MoFo] Servers - North America - Hosted in Montreal Canada - Admin DeadDred [MoFo]

You mean to have them on spawn?

g_start_*

It will list the options for ammo and weapons.

g_start_weapon_rifle 1
g_start_ammo_nails 999 - I guess, don't know how to set unlimited ammo. Wink

(05-25-2013, 07:11 PM)Mirio Wrote: You mean to have them on spawn?

g_start_*

It will list the options for ammo and weapons.

g_start_weapon_rifle 1
g_start_ammo_nails 999 - I guess, don't know how to set unlimited ammo. Wink

Thanks figured it out.

In server.cfg

g_use_ammunition 0 "if set to 0 all weapons have unlimited ammunition"

This was in defaultXonotic.cfg

No sure if I did it right but I modified the
balanceXonotic.cfg
mutator_new_toys.cfg

and just added this to my server.cfg file.

exec balanceXonotic.cfg
exec mutator_new_toys.cfg

Lol got my Nexuiz Camping Rifle Freezetag all set.
[MoFo] Servers - North America - Hosted in Montreal Canada - Admin DeadDred [MoFo]

You could cut down on the cvars by using this: g_weaponarena "laser rifle"
It sets both unlimited ammo & the starting weapons to rifle and laser.

You should save your changes to server.cfg rather than modifying & re-executing balanceXonotic.cfg and mutator_new_toys.cfg, easier to update.
[Image: 230.png]

(05-26-2013, 01:10 AM)Mario Wrote: You could cut down on the cvars by using this: g_weaponarena "laser rifle"
It sets both unlimited ammo & the starting weapons to rifle and laser.

You should save your changes to server.cfg rather than modifying & re-executing balanceXonotic.cfg and mutator_new_toys.cfg, easier to update.

What I did was create new files and name the files to

ft-balanceXonotic.cfg
ft-mutator_new_toys.cfg

then called them in the server.cfg file for the appropriate server. I didn't touch the original ones.

Sure, but Mario said it's easier to only put the cvars you want to change in your server.cfg. If for some reason there is a change in the original balanceXonotic, you won't have it in your server if you update because it will be overridden by your old ft-balanceXonotic.cfg, even if you did not mean to change the default.

That is why you should only set the values of cvars that you mean to change. Right now, you're just setting a ton of cvars that you don't mean to change from their default values, and you will have problems on the next update.

Hey

Thanks for the info. I'll migrate the setting to server.cfg.

One more thing

I need to remove weapon pickups but leave health/armor
I found this g_pickup_items which allows me to disable all pickups but I just want to remove weapon pickups.

There might be a better solution, but try the replacement cvars maybe?

apropos replace

Also, before asking questions, please use the apropos command with relevant keywords, it's great and you might discover other interesting things.
apropos pickup

(05-26-2013, 04:42 PM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: There might be a better solution, but try the replacement cvars maybe?

apropos replace

Also, before asking questions, please use the apropos command with relevant keywords, it's great and you might discover other interesting things.
apropos pickup

I'll look into this thanks

I create a ft.setting.cfg file where I put in all of the settings I needed to change. So i just exec it in my server.cfg file instead of all the other ones.

One more thing. Using g_weaponarena "laser rifle" if I add in granadelauncher how do I force the rifle to be default. ATM the granadelauncher always get to be the default weapon

What do you mean by "default"? The one that is selected when you spawn? That's something that is decided on the client's side.

(05-27-2013, 12:40 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: What do you mean by "default"? The one that is selected when you spawn? That's something that is decided on the client's side.

Currently I have laser and rifle. The players gets equipped with the rifle when they join and can change to laser if they want to. What i need is to enable the grenade launcher but still have the player be equipped with the Rifle on join and then have the option of laser and grenade launcher.

If you're running Git, I've created a branch which is a basic copy of the Nexuiz camping rifle arena mod.
The branch name is Mario/rifle_arena (you can switch to it by typing this: ./all checkout Mario/rifle_arena && ./all update && ./all compile -r). You can enable it by adding this to server config: set g_riflearena 1

With this branch, you don't need to change g_weaponarena & the small health/armor shards still spawn. You can throw grenades with the hook key.

(05-27-2013, 01:26 AM)end user Wrote:
(05-27-2013, 12:40 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: What do you mean by "default"? The one that is selected when you spawn? That's something that is decided on the client's side.

Currently I have laser and rifle. The players gets equipped with the rifle when they join and can change to laser if they want to. What i need is to enable the grenade launcher but still have the player be equipped with the Rifle on join and then have the option of laser and grenade launcher.

Then, as I said, that's a client-side option. Sorry.

(05-27-2013, 02:06 AM)Mario Wrote: If you're running Git, I've created a branch which is a basic copy of the Nexuiz camping rifle arena mod.
The branch name is Mario/rifle_arena (you can switch to it by typing this: ./all checkout Mario/rifle_arena && ./all update && ./all compile -r). You can enable it by adding this to server config: set g_riflearena 1

With this branch, you don't need to change g_weaponarena & the small health/armor shards still spawn. You can throw grenades with the hook key.

K so test it out a bit. The grande has some issues with animation see attached image. There's also no explosion animation.

Not sure but when we chatted did you say the rifle primary/secondary shots are hard coded or can they be changed?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

You'll need to provide a serverpackage for clients to download the grenade effects.
This one should work: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9101...des_v2.pk3

Some of the rifle settings are hardcoded to the same values as the Nexuiz mod, but this can be changed if needed.

(05-28-2013, 01:00 AM)Mario Wrote: You'll need to provide a serverpackage for clients to download the grenade effects.
This one should work: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9101...des_v2.pk3

Some of the rifle settings are hardcoded to the same values as the Nexuiz mod, but this can be changed if needed.

Can I active the grenade without the g_rilfearena and then use my current server setting?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mutator all weapon saddesad 1 1,689 11-27-2020, 11:45 AM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  Server error "Weapon stats writing failed: -404" FlufyBuny 2 2,886 04-08-2020, 02:41 PM
Last Post: jwabbitt
  Force Max Weapons 3agle427 1 2,028 12-29-2018, 09:41 AM
Last Post: 3agle427
  [SOLVED] No weapon drop on instagib xonotic 0.8 -maniac|Su- 6 7,007 01-17-2015, 11:14 AM
Last Post: -maniac|Su-
  [GIT/0.8] Note about weapon updates Mario 1 3,199 12-13-2014, 03:02 AM
Last Post: GoregeousGuy
  How can I change the Weapon Damage? kidx 24 19,370 07-04-2012, 04:59 AM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo