Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Translation Website! (Help translate the game!)

Muleke Trairao is quite careful and active translator, I can say it by his work on Warsow l10n. Please let him make Brazilian translation for Xonotic on transifex.com.

Also "keybinds.txt.*" in xonotic-*-data.pk3 are quite outdated, would be nice to have them available for translation on transifex too.

(08-10-2015, 01:27 AM)adem Wrote: Also "keybinds.txt.*" in xonotic-*-data.pk3 are quite outdated, would be nice to have them available for translation on transifex too.

Indeed, it would be nice to have them on Transifex, as well as tooltips.db.*

(08-09-2015, 04:56 AM)adem Wrote: Muleke Trairao is quite careful and active translator, I can say it by his work on Warsow l10n. Please let him make Brazilian translation for Xonotic on transifex.com.

Thank you, adem. It's nice to see people who appreciate my work Smile I am also working on porting a PT-BR translation done by a group of people in 2010 for Oblivion to Skyblivion and a Killing Floor 2 Enhanced Brazilian translation. I've also translated a game called Ziggurat on Steam with the help of a user named 7Soul.

I've been not working on Warsow for a while because of these other projects. There are also some Warsow strings that i just don't know how to translate them properly without playing an updated version of the game, so i could test them and see if they fit the game's context.

(07-01-2015, 06:59 PM)Muleke_Trairao Wrote: Why was my request to translate the game to Brazilian Portuguese rejected? There is someone already translating it to EUROPEAN Portuguese, there's a big difference there. I wanted to translate the game to my language because it's different than European Portuguese and because i wanted the game to be more popular along brazilian players. I had also started to translate it through the game's files and i did 92%(1481) of all the strings with only 113 strings to be translated.

It's quite redundant, so without your post I would just have pressed the button to reject it.

"pt" doesn't mean it's Portugal-Portuguese. Just "some Portuguese". Is it really worth the distinction? Or wouldn't Portugal-Portuguese be more happy with a 92% Brazil-Portuguese translation than with a 48% Portugal-Portuguese translation?

If it is really worth distinguishing, we still would first have to rename "pt" to "pt_PT" or the like. I'll do that then.

If not: "pt" is currently unmaintained anyway - feel free to replace that by Brazil-style Portuguese then.
BRLOGENSHFEGLE (core dumped)

The Bot Orchestra is back! | Xoylent Easter Egg | 5bots1piano
My music on Google Play and SoundCloud

(08-31-2015, 12:48 PM)divVerent Wrote:
(07-01-2015, 06:59 PM)Muleke_Trairao Wrote: Why was my request to translate the game to Brazilian Portuguese rejected? There is someone already translating it to EUROPEAN Portuguese, there's a big difference there. I wanted to translate the game to my language because it's different than European Portuguese and because i wanted the game to be more popular along brazilian players. I had also started to translate it through the game's files and i did 92%(1481) of all the strings with only 113 strings to be translated.

It's quite redundant, so without your post I would just have pressed the button to reject it.

"pt" doesn't mean it's Portugal-Portuguese. Just "some Portuguese". Is it really worth the distinction? Or wouldn't Portugal-Portuguese be more happy with a 92% Brazil-Portuguese translation than with a 48% Portugal-Portuguese translation?

If it is really worth distinguishing, we still would first have to rename "pt" to "pt_PT" or the like. I'll do that then.

If not: "pt" is currently unmaintained anyway - feel free to replace that by Brazil-style Portuguese then.

I'm Brazilian and i was about to step in to translate for pt-BR when i read this thread and subsequently Muleke_Trairao's posts, and i can assure you that the differences exist. It's not a huge difference, but, it's certainly more annoying than american and british english differences and it has effects on gameplay... At least for me.

(09-02-2015, 08:35 AM)JustPrivate Wrote:
(08-31-2015, 12:48 PM)divVerent Wrote:

I'm Brazilian and i was about to step in to translate for pt-BR when i read this thread and subsequently Muleke_Trairao's posts, and i can assure you that the differences exist. It's not a huge difference, but, it's certainly more annoying than american and british english differences and it has effects on gameplay... At least for me.

Exactly!
Now, JustPrivate, you can help me with this. As you've seen, i translated a lot before the last update but i want to port everything to Transifex and i also think that Xonotic 0.8.1 added some strings as well.

About the translation:
Seriously, just accept my request otherwise you'll have this half-finished pt translation and i'm not motivated to give my files until i can work on transifex...

@Muleke_Trairao - This may come as a surprise to you, but comments on my YouTube channel are not the right place to post your requests to accept translation changes. You already have this thread here, and you already have the attention of the person responsible for accepting such changes (div). I've removed your YT comment accordingly. Cheers.
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

(09-15-2015, 12:01 PM)Antibody Wrote: @Muleke_Trairao - This may come as a surprise to you, but comments on my YouTube channel are not the right place to post your requests to accept translation changes. You already have this thread here, and you already have the attention of the person responsible for accepting such changes (div). I've removed your YT comment accordingly. Cheers.

I understand why you did it and i'm sorry. I was a little stressed when i wrote that, my mistake.
I hope we can still work together and make this game more enjoyable for a lot of people.

Hi Guys!! I couldn't find a specific forum about translations so i decided to post here on General. I'm Brazilian and i speak Portuguese and i've seen in-game that the translation for my language isn't finished. So where and how can i help with this? I may also need some guide of really how to do the translation as i don't have much experience translating games, although i played a bit with translation is some ted.com's videos.

I'm also a Computing student that is leaning to learn more about c and c++, which i think(i could be wrong, didn't look to much for the information) one of them is used on the game. I'm also looking to somethings like Godot... I may not be in much help now but if you guys that are more experienced can point me on how i can learn to help coding the game, i could help the community later on.

Hello,

You will find more information here: http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=4178

You can register on Transifex and send a request to join a translation team.

Carefully read Samual's translation guidelines before you start translating! Smile

I just want to say here that i'm actually the same as JustPrivate, but forgot the password(actually forgot that i had that account here) and i'm helping the translation to portuguese on transifex.

(12-20-2015, 12:11 PM)NotThatPrivate Wrote: I just want to say here that i'm actually the same as JustPrivate, but forgot the password(actually forgot that i had that account here) and i'm helping the translation to portuguese on transifex.

Actually, the Portuguese translation on Transifex was European Portuguese but was abandoned. If they actually accept me this time, i can help you with the translation to PT-BR.

EDIT: don't worry, i'm in. I'll start work on it right now, keep in mind that if i change something you did, it will be for the best. You can also correct any mistakes i've made and contact me if we have to discuss about a certain string. Good luck!

EDIT2: for the people who are admins on the Transifex project, rename "Portuguese" to "Brazilian Portuguese" since that is what we are currently translating the game to. The guy who was working on the European Portuguese never showed up again.

You guys gotta specify now that this Portuguese on the Xonotic localization project is Brazilian Portuguese because there are 7 translators there, some are brazilians and some are from portugal, which makes the translation very confusing.

There are strings translated in portuguese and others in brazilian portuguese(yes, there ARE differences between the two languages).

You have two options here: make another section for PT-PT or just rename the current "PT" one to "PT-BR".

I think that the first option is better.

We're getting close to the next Xonotic release, so get in your translations! Smile

https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/xonotic/

(03-06-2017, 12:26 PM)Mirio Wrote: We're getting close to the next Xonotic release, so get in your translations! Smile

https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/xonotic/

Holy-I started a big reviewing process on the Brazilian Localization of Xonotic a few days ago, but I'm doing that with the .po files offline. I'll implement the changes that I've made so far!

Good to know that a new version is coming! Thx for telling us! Wink

EDIT: There is still work to be done here, but I'll try my best to finish this as soon as I can!

I have requested adding Hebrew. I'm a native speaker of the language, and would like to see it in Xonotic.
A problem that might happen with the language though, is that it's rtl and had it's own writing system, so it may need a custom font.
Could you help me with that? Thanks!

Edit: after trying, it seems the writing system is already intergrated to the fonts available in the game (although they're not so good looking), and that the only issue is that every string has to be written in reverse. Say, if a string is "Red Team" I'll have to write it as "maeT deR" in the .po file to make it show correctly. Just saying Smile

I have requested Scottish Gaelic on Transifex. Could you please add the language? Thanks! Smile

Language native name is "Gàidhlig".

I found some problems with the game's localization and I want to give some feedback, so here it is:

http://i.imgur.com/aYcPGeh.jpg - In Portuguese, we don't use ordinary numbers for dates. The date format is also DD/MM/YYYY instead of MM/DD/YYYY, so let us make the necessary adjustments here.
There are also some English strings there as well and I couldn't find them in Transifex.

http://i.imgur.com/ecLfjGR.jpg - The campaign still shows the earlier version instead of the current one. Also, it would great to be able to translate the campaign descriptions.

(08-10-2015, 01:27 AM)adem Wrote: Also "keybinds.txt.*" in xonotic-*-data.pk3 are quite outdated, would be nice to have them available for translation on transifex too.
This. Please.

Having to read messages like: "Pressione SPACE para renascer" (Press SPACE to respawn, in English) is weird. We have translations for some of the keyboard keys and this is the case with other languages, too.

(04-05-2017, 12:25 PM)Muleke_Trairao Wrote: http://i.imgur.com/ecLfjGR.jpg - The campaign still shows the earlier version instead of the current one. Also, it would great to be able to translate the campaign descriptions.

I can read 0.8.2 in the background, but this is not the new campaign. How did you update to 0.8.2?

(04-05-2017, 12:25 PM)Muleke_Trairao Wrote: http://i.imgur.com/aYcPGeh.jpg - In Portuguese, we don't use ordinary numbers for dates. The date format is also DD/MM/YYYY instead of MM/DD/YYYY, so let us make the necessary adjustments here.
There are also some English strings there as well and I couldn't find them in Transifex.

http://i.imgur.com/ecLfjGR.jpg - The campaign still shows the earlier version instead of the current one. Also, it would great to be able to translate the campaign descriptions.

Funny that you mention it, I filed 2 issues about these missing strings a few days ago Smile
Issue #1904
Issue #1905

The date format is also a problem in French, not sure if there's a way to fix it :/

The keybinds.txt file has been removed already, and it's now possible to translate the binds from Transifex (primary fire, jump / swim, etc.).
However, the respawn message still prints "SPACE" in english, maybe it's possible to add this string on Transifex too.

(04-05-2017, 12:32 PM)Mirio Wrote:
(04-05-2017, 12:25 PM)Muleke_Trairao Wrote: http://i.imgur.com/ecLfjGR.jpg - The campaign still shows the earlier version instead of the current one. Also, it would great to be able to translate the campaign descriptions.

I can read 0.8.2 in the background, but this is not the new campaign. How did you update to 0.8.2?
Oh sh*t, sorry, this is totally on my end. I had some problems with my internet connection when it was still updating, so my game was half-updated when I took the screenshot. It's fixed now. My suggestion about making the descriptions localizable still remains, though.

(04-05-2017, 01:01 PM)SpiKe Wrote:
(04-05-2017, 12:25 PM)Muleke_Trairao Wrote: http://i.imgur.com/aYcPGeh.jpg - In Portuguese, we don't use ordinary numbers for dates. The date format is also DD/MM/YYYY instead of MM/DD/YYYY, so let us make the necessary adjustments here.

Funny that you mention it, I filed 2 issues about these missing strings a few days ago Smile
Issue #1904
Issue #1905

The date format is also a problem in French, not sure if there's a way to fix it :/

The keybinds.txt file has been removed already, and it's now possible to translate the binds from Transifex (primary fire, jump / swim, etc.).
However, the respawn message still prints "SPACE" in english, maybe it's possible to add this string on Transifex too.

Ah, yes. That's true. I'm very slow today, forgive me. I saw the keybinds on Transifex and translated them already.
Yes, we just need some English keyboard key strings to localize.

I see now that PT-PT and PT-BR are separate. Thank you.
I ask to move my name in the credits to the Brazilian Portuguese Translation section, just so there is no confusion.

Started working on the Greek version, it's going to take a while as I am busy with RL stuff too  Big Grin . Some already existing parts were ok, some were funnily slopy, a lot are missing. Some strings are in more archaic Greek while others in more modern and some refer to the player in a formal manner while others in a casual. So I am trying to overhaul everything to keep a uniform style. Also since Greek is a language with masculine and feminine nouns and adjectives I am including both to not exclude anyone.

I am back after a year of absence and I want to help this game  erebus Not sure how much I can but will try  Shy Peace out and see you in-game in a couple of weeks when I will have less responsibilities

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just a thank you for the help. SEEK-fried 13 7,647 01-30-2024, 05:12 AM
Last Post: Halogene
Exclamation Do not create website accounts on behalf of Xonotic Dokujisan 10 18,267 05-21-2023, 11:49 AM
Last Post: Daisy
  Xonotic DeFRaG website Mirio 0 3,995 05-18-2018, 08:11 AM
Last Post: Mirio
  I Love Free Software website wrote a review! Pendulla 2 3,496 06-15-2017, 04:16 AM
Last Post: Antares*
  Xonotic Trailer (help needed!) machine! 29 28,490 08-09-2014, 10:42 AM
Last Post: Archer
Information We want your help Samual 35 34,834 10-11-2013, 07:48 PM
Last Post: Leroy
  [FORUMS] A call for help: spambots Mr. Bougo 16 21,959 09-28-2013, 02:14 PM
Last Post: edh
  WoX-BloX needs your help! CuBe0wL 14 11,477 06-26-2012, 05:43 PM
Last Post: CuBe0wL
  Joypad Dual Stick Help. Wario 2 3,014 06-10-2011, 11:12 PM
Last Post: node357
  Biggest Nexuiz irony; The Sexuiz website MirceaKitsune 10 15,775 02-01-2011, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Rad Ished