Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
XCTF World Cup I

Bug 
POSTPONED!

...Until after .8 release of Xonotic!  However, signups are still going on.  I will announce the date of the tournament AFTER .8 releases.  The new version is too close to have a tournament and I am afraid that .7 and .8 would intersect!  Sorry everyone!

nvz & the Xonotic community proudly present
:
Xonotic CTF World Cup I

After some hard thinking, I decided to contribute what I knew from co-running the Unreal Tournament 3 community and bring it here.  I'm going to need at least 3 other people to run this baby!

Date:
-DATE TBA!  WILL RELEASE DATE AFTER .8 RELEASE. Tournament will go on as players want, but deadlines will be provided for each specific round.  Teams will be given a reasonable amount of time to complete their match.  This will probably go on for about 6 to 8 weeks.  Teams are given the convenience to play their matches whenever they want!

Modus:
-Double-Elimination
-at least 8 Teams (or 12, or 16)

Mappool:
-TBA
-Teams/Captains should post their top 5 CTF maps.  This will give us an idea of what maps need to be played!

Servers:
-TBA (IP Addresses will be provided as well)

Admins
-nvz - email - - Steam - novazgen
-NA Admin Needed
-Mirio
-EU Admin Needed
-Please let me know by PMing me, replying, or via IRC if you want to be a reliable admin for this tournament!

Joining/Registration
-Captains must join by posting a reply to the thread, then idling on:

#xonotic.cup

-Free agents looking for a team please post a reply on the forum thread, and then join #xonotic.cup.  PM a captain looking for any members or they will find you Smile .
-After the captain assembled their team, they must post on the forum their
  -Team Name
  -Team Tag for in game
  -Members of their team
-Deadline for Teams signing up is DATE TBA AFTER XONOTIC .8 RELEASE
-Teams may have more than 4 players and have subs on their teams waiting to play!

Livestream
-Broadcasting will be determined by whomever wants to volunteer via Twitch.
-Demos will be uploaded to YouTube after the tournament is over.
-If you(the captains) want your match to be broadcasted, you MUST post on this forum when you match date AND time will be in future reference.

IRC
-#xonotic.cup on irc.quakenet.org

Game
-Best of 3 Maps (all rounds)
-20 Minute Time Limit
-Higher seed Team chooses 1 map he wants to veto(not want) then lower seed chooses 1 map he wants to veto(not want) out of the 5 maps in the map pool.
-Higher seed chooses map 1, lower seed chooses map 2, remaining map is tiebreaker
-Weapons(not minstagib)
-No Capture Limit
-4v4 CTF

Voice
-Voice programs such as Teamspeak 3, Ventrillo and Mumble are HIGHLY recommended for events such as this.
-Not all players need a mic but it's suggested that they have a voice program to listen to teammates.

ts6.gamespeak.com:9117 <-My Teamspeak in case anyone wants to use it
Others TBA

Bracket
-TBA the bracket will be released via Challonge!

General Rules
-Teams may play each other when they want by the round deadline.  It is the captain's and teams' responsibilities to communicate with each other to schedule a match.
-Failure to complete match will result in forfeit for the team who is causing difficulty.  If there are complications in scheduling, please contact an admin such as myself or post on the forum here.
-If you want your match broadcasted, please post on this forum the match date and time and we will do the best we can to fit a livestream in.

-NO cheating of any kind. This includes:
  -Aimbotting
  -Wallhacking
  -Triggerbotting
  -DDOSing other players to make them lag
  -Using map glitches to exploit games
  -Anything else that may be considered cheating.

-Teams that do not cooperate and complete the match by the scheduled time will result in a loss.
-Forfeits are allowed
-US vs EU teams must play one match on a US server, one match on a EU server, and a coin toss for the 3rd map.
-Someone from either team must post the results from Xonstats after the match HERE on the forum.

Teams
-Please reply on the forum if you plan on being a captain, and post your team name, in game tag and members.
  1. Team: [Image: 48.gif] BOT / Tag: [BOT]
    Players: [Image: 55.gif] Mirio (Captain), [Image: 55.gif] packer, [Image: 55.gif] GATTS, [Image: 112.gif] Hot Dog, [Image: 41.gif] Ramses, [Image: 121.gif] Grunt, [Image: 55.gif] cracker, [Image: 107.gif] kuniuthefrogg, [Image: 107.gif] Misio
  2. Team: [Image: 48.gif] OHSNAP / Tag: OHSNAP
    Players: [Image: 51.gif] Mossepo (Captain), [Image: 51.gif] Smilecythe, [Image: 51.gif] thimo, [Image: 51.gif] Kankipappa, [Image: 51.gif] Foozy, [Image: 55.gif] Halogene
  3. Team: [Image: 139.gif] Mile High / Tag: mile^
    Players: [Image: 139.gif] nvz (Captain), [Image: 139.gif] SPLAT, [Image: 139.gif] kromatic, [Image: 139.gif] bl4z0r, [Image: 139.gif] Skiddzie
  4. Team: [Image: 48.gif] unconnected / Tag: [uc]
    Players: [Image: 8.gif] Debugger (Captain), [Image: 55.gif] zykure, [Image: 8.gif] SlyxT, [Image: 55.gif] DauX
  5. Team: [Image: 48.gif] One-handed Passion / Tag: 1hp
    Players: [Image: 112.gif] Finko (Captain), [Image: 112.gif] Draelor, [Image: 14.gif] mazzarini, [Image: 112.gif] zrg, [Image: 52.gif] SpiKe
Free Agents Map voting
  1. RunningManCTF 5
  2. Apace 4
  3. Attic 3
  4. Catharsis 3
  5. Tarx 3
  6. mIKEctf2 2
  7. Bluez_vs_Redz 1
  8. Distortion 1
  9. RedPlanetCTF 1
  10. Spatium 1
  11. Vorix 1

Newbie Corner

Like I said, I could help with administration and cast a little. Smile

(03-30-2014, 03:21 PM)Mirio Wrote: Like I said, I could help with administration and cast a little. Smile

You got it dude!

Nice! I remember World TDM cup and it was nice, although I completely sucked back then. Smile

Just to clarify: is this world cup as in teams by country?

I will cast as well

(03-30-2014, 03:39 PM)machine! Wrote: Just to clarify: is this world cup as in teams by country?

No, anyone can join! Heck, americans can be on the euros teams and aussies can be on the americans teams! World cup is just a name I came up with Tongue

Cap limit should be 10 imo, if the teams are balanced then it could take naturally 20 minutes, but if they're not balanced 20 minutes becomes too much trash time.

(03-30-2014, 02:42 PM)nvz Wrote: -NO cheating of any kind. This includes:
-Using map glitches to exploit games

Funny enough, I made an entire movie about just that, linky link

Haaaa it would be cool to have some local teams Angel

but I also feel that there's not much place for newcomers in a World Cup (should start with the Coffee Corner Cup)

NOOB FLAG TAKEN Big Grin

By the way it looks interesting to see how a cup is organized and I'm in EU but I don't know what it is consisting in and if I'll have enough time for it. Maybe as intern admin?

Team: OHSNAP
Players: [Image: 51.gif] Mossepo (Captain), [Image: 51.gif] Smilecythe, [Image: 51.gif] Thimoshia, [Image: 51.gif] Kankipappa, [Image: 51.gif] Foozy
Maps: Blue_vs_Redz, Catharsis, Distortion, RunningManCTF, Vorix

10chars. done.

Guess something went wrong here.

Maybe he didn't notice the big fat Edit button at the bottom of his main post? Tongue

I think I'll join this, sounds fun Smile Didn't play Xonotic for too long, and CTF is definetely my thing. Have my exams somewhere in this period so I have a ridiculous amount of free time Wink

So I guess I'm looking for a team.

Haha my bad! I tried doing this with my phone xD

Update: 2 new teams added Smile

(04-01-2014, 09:28 AM)Mirio Wrote:

9 players, why not split up in two teams? Smile

Because half of them inactive Smile
<machine> dude, i know i suck Smile
<OHSNAP! Mossepo> but you dont like finko-suck, u have potential to be good
Diomedes: Finko: You are the most intelligent guy in this community.

Yes, sort of. There is no way of having a realiable 2nd team.

(04-03-2014, 10:45 PM)nvz Wrote: Update: 2 new teams added Smile

What are mile's maps?

(04-04-2014, 05:40 AM)Mirio Wrote: Yes, sort of. There is no way of having a realiable 2nd team.

(04-03-2014, 10:45 PM)nvz Wrote: Update: 2 new teams added Smile

What are mile's maps?

anything from quake
[Image: 38443.png]

Attic, Apace, mIKEctf2, RunningManCTF, Tarx

I'm signing up just to get some CTF action, also, please make sure that team captains won't go MIA like last year, there was literally zero communication in my team.

[Unconnected] is in! Smile

Team Name: unconnected
Team Tag for in game: [uc]
Members of their team: [Image: 8.gif]Debugger, [Image: 55.gif]DauX, [Image: 8.gif]SlyxT, [Image: 55.gif]zykure
Maps: Attic, Apace, Catharsis, RunningManCTF, RedPlanetCTF

Hm, 2 more free agents could make a solid team, then we could have one or two more American teams join the competition. I'm going to persuade the smokebreak guys to join and another group of americans. I'm sure some of the (SMB) guys can join up.

You could easily find some 20 older players, but most of them are inactive I guess. You can make an announcement on the steam group or something like that.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Xonotic Defrag World Championship 2023 Mirio 10 3,364 11-14-2023, 12:04 PM
Last Post: Mirio
  Xonotic Defrag World Championship 2022 Mirio 9 5,983 11-29-2022, 01:30 PM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  Xonotic Defrag World Championship 2021 Mirio 7 4,641 11-15-2021, 11:58 AM
  ZenSports x RJZ 2v2 TDM cup #1 RazorDodger 0 1,235 08-18-2021, 02:12 PM
Last Post: RazorDodger
  Xonotic Defrag World Championship 2020 Mirio 17 9,834 11-26-2020, 09:52 AM
  [FEFU] Xonotic LAN Duel Cup AriosJentu 1 2,170 10-12-2020, 03:08 AM
  ZenSports mock Duel Cup kanyeshrayz 0 1,813 09-23-2020, 04:57 PM
Last Post: kanyeshrayz
  ZenSports Xonotic Duel Cup 5.000.000 SPORTS prize. kanyeshrayz 2 4,186 09-17-2020, 06:13 PM
Last Post: kanyeshrayz
Star DOXA TOURNAMENT - Xonotic 2020 DUEL CUP zeroql 24 16,076 04-26-2020, 04:08 PM
Last Post: zeroql
  Xonotic Defrag World Championship 2019 Mirio 10 7,252 12-04-2019, 04:19 PM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy