Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] Strange thing

A noob friend of mine is having this issue with xonotic:

What's that? Very funny tho.

I think he's on windows. I have no idea how to troubleshoot this for that reason.

Ha. How did that happen?

Beautiful! Could you ask him to run Xonotic from console? Then we might have a look at potential error messages Xonotic spits out during the game. Also, could you provide more information, like, does it happen always, also in local games, or only on a specific server, or randomly?

Actually it looks kinda like your friend was very creative with the effectsinfo file and played back a demo ;o)
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

That's my bad, There's a troll called "Disco" in the EAC server so I made a fun little mode for him.
He's German but connects from a proxy in Bologna, Italy. I've added a Geolocation check for that area to start the effect automatically.
If you get that and say something that makes sense in Italian (ie: proving that you're not him) I get notified on IRC and can disable it. (I need to be online though)

Nice one!
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

(10-24-2014, 01:38 AM)Melanosuchus Wrote: That's my bad, There's a troll called "Disco" in the EAC server so I made a fun little mode for him.
He's German but connects from a proxy in Bologna, Italy. I've added a Geolocation check for that area to start the effect automatically.
If you get that and say something that makes sense in Italian (ie: proving that you're not him) I get notified on IRC and can disable it. (I need to be online though)
'

You scare me sometimes and I thought I was the weird one spending $100 per month running servers. Tongue
[MoFo] Servers - North America - Hosted in Montreal Canada - Admin DeadDred [MoFo]

(10-24-2014, 01:38 AM)Melanosuchus Wrote: That's my bad, There's a troll called "Disco" in the EAC server so I made a fun little mode for him.

Unbelievable, he actually lives in Bologna, I've thought about everything, but this was way too much!
His name is Vict0r, can you please disable this?

It's not the best thing for one that have just downloaded the game, Bologna is one of the biggest cities in Italy, and EAC is one of the most played servers, this could happen again, and it's impossible to figure out.

Luckily you read this post

Well, we haven't seen Disco in a while, I guess I can disable and see what happens. If he shows up again I'll put it back up.
Note that this is an alternative to completely banning the region so, as I said, if this happens all you have to do is make the admins know that you are not a troll and we can disable it match by match.

Ha! I'm so glad you look at this forum. Can you imagine the troubleshooting it would be Big Grin

(10-25-2014, 12:26 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote:

Ha! I'm so glad you look at this forum. Can you imagine the troubleshooting it would be Big Grin

First thing i thought when seeing it was "thats code, not a bug" Tongue

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Bug [BUG] strange checker pattern in the middle of explosions on Windows 10 fabzor3 2 2,541 09-23-2020, 08:38 AM
Last Post: fabzor3
  [NEED HELP] Strange input lag and graphics lag in 0.8.2 mrdoklata 3 5,163 04-21-2017, 11:00 PM
Last Post: -z-
Sad [NEEDS INFO] Strange bug - my character is moving all the time ! Oncl'Tom 2 3,073 02-12-2017, 06:57 PM
Last Post: organic
  [NEEDS INFO] Very, very strange lags machine! 6 6,041 03-27-2015, 03:55 PM
Last Post: GoregeousGuy
  [NEEDS INFO] strange hook lag when connecting from special network bofh 3 3,917 04-15-2014, 10:45 AM
Last Post: tZork
  [SOLVED] Strange sensitivity changes Faraday 4 4,330 04-06-2013, 01:19 PM
  [SOLVED] strange shading Rudi 18 13,645 10-02-2012, 06:31 AM
  [SOLVED] Very strange sound bug while on my server. neXus 8 7,085 04-19-2012, 06:45 AM
Last Post: neXus
  [SOLVED] [SOLVED] Strange moving lines rocknroll237 3 4,708 10-22-2011, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Lee_Stricklin
  [SOLVED] Nex charge feature- THIS THING IS CONFUSING ME! Lee_Stricklin 4 5,193 12-05-2010, 10:06 PM
Last Post: Lee_Stricklin