Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Q3 and Nexuiz for Xonotic.

Just mod, that can be used for q3-like and nexuiz-like gameplay in xonotic.
Q3-like gameplay:
connect nexuiz.mooo.com:1337
Server configuration (*.cfg and *.pk3): http://nexuiz.mooo.com/quakiuz.cfg/
Nexuiz-like gameplay:
connect nexuiz.mooo.com:27027
Server configuration (*.cfg and *.pk3): http://nexuiz.mooo.com/nexiuz.cfg/

This sounds interesting. Will try.
erebus minstanex erebus Angel

Is there any video footage available for these?
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

Can't confirm right now, but it's possible the physics are still slightly off (even the configuration file from Nexuiz used in Xonotic has some slight imperfections with strafe, as Xonotic has a few extra options for it that have yet to be fine-tuned).

I recall mentioning this to you. If it is fixed in this mod, congratulations... maybe the fix could be copied to main repos. Otherwise, try comparing the strafing in Nexuiz itself with your mod, the imperfection was quite apparent to me.
[Image: 230.png]

I tried both. Q3 mod doesn't feel like q3 except maybe weapons. Nexuiz one just feels weird. I couldn't strafe properly. But keep up the good work. I am watching these!
erebus minstanex erebus Angel

Q3 one played really well, I had quite a struggle winning FFA against what I think was beginners or at most intermediate Xonotic players. Very fun! I agree with Pendulla on the Nexuiz one though, I'm not from Nexuiz so perhaps maybe that's what the physics where back in the day but I couldn't move, at all. Tongue

(01-01-2015, 07:05 PM)Mario Wrote: Can't confirm right now, but it's possible the physics are still slightly off.
Today I copy some physics from Nexuiz code. This physics enabled on nexuiz.mooo.com:27027 . I am not noticed any big differences though.

Nexuiz physics are different quite a lot to anything else. Once you know how they work, it's quite easy though, but quite difficult to transfer between them and Xonotic especially if you are not used to them much or out of practice Smile
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

Nexuiz and Xonotic do indeed have different movement techniques, but the comparison here is between vanilla Nexuiz physics and the Nexuiz physics configuration supplied with Xonotic.
I've noticed in the past that strafing to the side is still slightly faster in our Nexuiz config (a bit faster to turn to the sides). Will test this mod again soon to make sure this is fixed.
[Image: 230.png]

(01-03-2015, 06:36 AM)grigorii Wrote: Today I copy some physics from Nexuiz code.
And make some errors that i fixed now. And i dont forget put *pk3 on the web server this time. Big Grin

I tried Q3 mod today and got some suggestions/crit for it:

-Rockets are too OP, fire rate is too fast. You should decrease fire rate to like 800-1000ms and increase direct hit dmg if possible.
-Should have way less air control like in Q3/QL if possible.
-Remove splash dmg through walls/floors if possible.
-I like the electro (LG) but it feels like it eats up ammo bit too much.

It was hard to feel the overall balance because rockets seemed to dominate in every situation.

(01-09-2015, 07:12 AM)Smilecythe Wrote: -Rockets are too OP, fire rate is too fast. You should decrease fire rate to like 800-1000ms and increase direct hit dmg if possible.
-Should have way less air control like in Q3/QL if possible.
-Remove splash dmg through walls/floors if possible.
-I like the electro (LG) but it feels like it eats up ammo bit too much.

RL rate is already 0.8 sec and damage 100 like in Q3. I don't think this is overpowered. But damage through walls can increase efficiency of RL. I will try disable it.
Agree about electro.
Not sure about physics. But i'll think about it.

Oh, the rockets felt incredibly fast, my ms estimation might be bit off haha! It was too fast and splash radius seemed oddly wide. Everyone I played with always raced for the rockets because those rocked pretty much any situation. Maybe try the same fire rate as default xon rockets?

(01-10-2015, 01:49 AM)Smilecythe Wrote: Oh, the rockets felt incredibly fast, my ms estimation might be bit off haha! It was too fast and splash radius seemed oddly wide. Everyone I played with always raced for the rockets because those rocked pretty much any situation. Maybe try the same fire rate as default xon rockets?
Fire rate and damage not will be changed. Because this values equal values from q3. But i will think about radius damage.
Damage through floor and walls was disabled.
Ammo for electro was increased.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question How popular was Nexuiz? Gwlanbzh 11 10,167 08-21-2021, 01:18 PM
Last Post: [CISN] Neigdoig
  Vore Tournament (game forked from Nexuiz) MirceaKitsune 140 241,881 10-25-2019, 07:19 AM
Last Post: MirceaKitsune
  Nexuiz (Steam) Back from the dead? Totally_Cool 15 13,968 04-24-2016, 04:05 AM
Last Post: tZork
  How do i play Nexuiz servers with Xonotic? MarkJonez 6 17,942 10-06-2014, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Mario
  Nostalgic Nexuiz unfa 0 8,042 05-30-2014, 05:48 PM
Last Post: unfa
Question [SOLVED] N from NEXUIZ - What means? play3r0 4 7,355 03-09-2013, 05:07 AM
Last Post: play3r0
  Nexuiz 2.5.2 Minstagib montage Smilecythe 0 3,972 02-07-2013, 05:12 AM
Last Post: Smilecythe
  Nexuiz Spotted In British TV Series Liquid Sin 7 14,159 08-05-2012, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  vintage nexuiz screenshots (2003) frostwyrm333 17 20,202 07-28-2012, 02:01 PM
Last Post: rocknroll237
  nexuiz radiant mac hutty 14 13,383 07-28-2012, 11:22 AM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo