Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Vore Tournament (game forked from Nexuiz)

Today was the day I finally released my Nexuiz 2.5.2 fork. I'm posting about it here since it's related to Nexuiz, and possibly the first separate project that was branched specifically from it (and the first game I'm making and releasing myself, even if it's a total conversion of Nexuiz technically).

The game itself might seem a bit odd, depending on how you look at it. There's no other way to brake this so I'll just say it; It's a furry vore game. And yeah, that's not a joke Tongue All players are currently vixens (until I add other furry player models) and have only the hook gun, which they use to grab each other, get near each other and swallow their enemies. You frag players by digesting them... and that's mostly it.

I know most people probably find vore a weird thing to begin with, and might find it a bit negative that such a game was made. I hope no one will take this badly though. Although I started this project with other furs and vore lovers in mind, you don't need to be a furry or into vore to like it and play it. It's mostly a Nexuiz based game with a different gameplay, media and other settings.

One interesting part of the gameplay is that the more you keep eating players (and carrying them in you) the heavier and slower you get. So you play at different "gravity states" throughout the game, which also affects how the Hook gun (now called a Grabber) pulls you. It also changes how far jumppads can push you up (if you are heavier you can't take them as high any more). I also think it's nice to play a Nexuiz version where the Hook is the only available weapon Smile

The current release is a 0.1 alpha, and has known bugs and things that are missing. It's playable and working however. The engine is also branded properly so don't fear conflicts with Nexuiz servers. The only issue is that I don't have how to compile Darkplaces for Linux (since I use Windows with mingw + msys), so this version is only available for Windows currently.

You can find a download on Sourceforge: https://sourceforge.net/projects/voretournament/ Planning to make a GIT repo too, but still undecided as to where. I also posted a bunch of screenshots, and plan on making a video as well.

[Image: pq9p4qpai6b6ilhio2ax_thumb.jpg] [Image: 7a7bqjb048glv8humde_thumb.jpg] [Image: zoummpanghenpt5utt1_thumb.jpg] [Image: cjlykjaryv14efzses06_thumb.jpg] [Image: ftnieh5ahnqy1ezj77_thumb.jpg] [Image: 5xi49ksvh31edb17xdhg_thumb.jpg] [Image: blwowm0qjufvhvekwq4b_thumb.jpg] [Image: prys34j8z49aiie9fi3f_thumb.jpg] [Image: k4p6lt3y9ht96mhr0beu_thumb.jpg] [Image: f37yjdk8v3452atbqy_thumb.jpg] [Image: rc6g9joboddq9uuvngx_thumb.jpg] [Image: 5tphjo3f9tk9l8e8ysk_thumb.jpg] [Image: ntl8bjc0o8a52cpehmz_thumb.jpg] [Image: l1la5jwrijr4jx876ni_thumb.jpg] [Image: ozngsftlol2puxpm9n7b_thumb.jpg] [Image: 7ivpc8a2mhifyxl9ynqj_thumb.jpg] [Image: jfsnjybm7ynkl9xhobmx_thumb.jpg] [Image: db8ig2e6k8prjqbae6v0_thumb.jpg] [Image: sumk6v1fitvxqkzq042r_thumb.jpg] [Image: t8sxobef5xx7ouhicjdr_thumb.jpg]

o_O

What? No linux download or git access? :o(

I still am working on digesting this idea of yours. Eating your opponent seems kinda gross to me, but I also turn the gibs off in Xonotic/Nexuiz so never mind me :oP

I think I need to register as a new user to this forum so I can give you another positive reputation, just for the idea of making real something totally crazy. I am baffled.

Edit: hmmmmm the "eating each other" part seems to be emphasized in a ...weird way and also a bit too much for me to still have the comical effect :o/ I think this fork is weirder than I can take it. Congratulations!
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

When I try to run it I get an error that
jpeg62.dll is missing

Thanks Halogene Smile Not sure what to say about that now hehe. And that's weird Silica... it doesn't require that dll here. Does it do the same for Nexuiz? If not there has to be something wrong with the engine (or my rebranded version)... not sure what.

I apologize again for not having a linux version yet. The problem is I can't compile darkplaces for Linux while using Windows. The only way is taking all engine versions from the Xonotic git and rebranding them. At the cost of not releasing with the most recent engine. Or asking someone else to compile DP for Linux for me. And as for GIT, I'll be making a git repo soon. Was working on that just now really.

[EDIT] Uploaded some videos showing the gameplay and a map too. See first post.

I downloaded jpeg62.dll and put it in the vore directory and it runs.
You probably have this dll file from another application install.

I played around with it and its bizarre.
When you regurgitate them they should shoot out like a rocket and do damage to the other players.Big Grin

Looks like an interesting project. I'll follow the developments and will try a Linux version when it's available and I have some time. Big Grin
Ciao Smile
Massimo

I think the main reason I find this project ...weird is that I personally don't get any added value out of the thought of eating someone alive. This doesn't make this project bad or anything, it's just too ...weird for me to enjoy.

But I acknowledge and appreciate the work you have put into this and I think you have done a great job doing so. Keep it up!
My Xonstats Profile

(09-02-2010, 04:26 AM)Halogene Wrote: I think the main reason I find this project ...weird is that I personally don't get any added value out of the thought of eating someone alive. This doesn't make this project bad or anything, it's just too ...weird for me to enjoy.

But I acknowledge and appreciate the work you have put into this and I think you have done a great job doing so. Keep it up!

And you get added value out of the thought of blasting someone alive with a rocket launcher? Big Grin
Fat.bot.Slim

Yes, I do. Very much indeed. Muahahaaahaaa))))

erm, oops. Sorry. Got carried away.

Nah, seriously, there's a reason why I keep gibs disabled. And it's NOT the performance :o)
My Xonstats Profile

Weird across the board. The Linux release (or lack of) might also be an issue for a lot of people, but the last I checked Nexuiz starting with it's first release going all the up to 2.5.2 worked under WINE at full speed so I'm pretty sure it will be possible to do the same with this until a native version gets made. Once again, weird.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

All things weird are my friends.

[Image: gelada.jpg]

[Image: goombanim1.gif]

[Image: cheesetoast.png]

Besides, i think i have a food fetish.

i can't help but think of frogs, considering the "grabber" and eating opponents. Kinda hint for new models. Smile

Talking of hints for new characters:

[Image: chocman.jpg]
(he's made of chocolate!)
4m038105 - Be the change.

So as I understand it this furry vore thing is some kind of sexual deviation? I certainly don't see the appeal but in Japan it might go down a storm. Don't you think it could have been made somewhat more accessible and less wierd if it was about nomming instead?
I'm at least a reasonably tolerable person to be around - Narcopic

@4m: yay for stupid goombas Wink

(09-02-2010, 04:26 AM)Halogene Wrote: But I acknowledge and appreciate the work you have put into this and I think you have done a great job doing so. Keep it up!
This. I never have, and probably never will, really understood the appeal of vore. To each his own, I suppose.

edh, "deviation" is a silly term, and afaik furry isn't big in Japan (unlike Rad_Ished).

Ok. Version 0.2.0 is finally up and ready to download! A lot of major issues have been fixed, and a ton of new features added. Most requests made by people who tried 0.1 were also addressed. I can't think of all the changes now, so I'll just list the most important ones that come to mind.

Bugs that were fixed:

- Fixed a major bug that caused player models to lag and get stuck in multiplayer games. It was caused by an attempt to animate the stomach model, which is static and may not be animated. Attempting to do so caused the model to lag around and made the game unplayable.

- Fixed a bug where a player would occasionally pop out immediately after getting swallowed. Not sure what caused it but a small check prevents the code from re-executing the next frame.

- Fixed bugs with all mutators. Weapon Stay used to give infinite weapons until running reaching your ammo limit, Cloaked would make players visible again if they got regurgitated, Vampire would also give damage from digestion (which is done separately) and you could use the Jetpack inside bellies.

Features that were added:

- Most requested feature: A Linux version. I found and included the Linux binaries for Darkplaces, and of course branded them properly. Both 32bit and 64bit versions are now available (Linux only). SDL version is also included too.

- Included jpeg62.dll. The engine seems to require this file as of recent, and many people couldn't start the game because it was missing.

- Added an RPG gametype, where there's no scoring and no winning (you can still fight as in all other gametypes though). You just do whatever you want, talk to people, and most of all can do vore RP Smile Voretown (now called Voretemple) is now part of this gametype.

- The Stomach Board doesn't disappear any more when you get eaten. Instead, it shows the predator's stomach, so you get to see who has eaten you and who you are inside with. Colors make it easy to see if the Stomach Board is addressing you or someone who ate you.

- Weapon indicator on the HUD. Even if we have one weapon, it's common to be get disarmed, and this should illustrate it better.

- Escape probability factor while performing stomach kicks, to give prey more chances. When you stomach kick and do damage, there is also a 1/4 chance to get regurgitated. This makes the voring more of a struggle too.

- Players now rocket out when getting regurgitating. The predator is pushed in the opposite direction and by a smaller amount.

- Added a random chance of stealing your prey's prey when eating them. When true, eating someone who already has another player in them will cause that player to become your prey as well (and sit next to its previous predator in your stomach).

- Hide the chat bubble and team bubble for eaten players, as they gave the impression they address the predator. This was likely a big annoyance in team games and good to be fixed.

- Ambient gurgling sound. Stomachs now gurgle loudly when there's someone in them. The fuller you are, the louder the noise.

- Your weapon also gets dirty and becomes green when you get regurgitated, like the player model. Since there's no way apply color to weapon entities in inventory individually, any new weapon you get is automatically green. This might not make sense but it's the only way it could be done, and better than nothing imo.

- Teach bots not to vore players who are typing or in the menu.

- Players who are in the stomach don't bleed or gib any more. That was incorrect and unrealistic Tongue

- Belly sound occlusion. Players in the stomach will now generate sounds at a lower volume. This also applies to pain sounds and directional voice messages.

- Camera lowering effect when getting swallowed, for more realism. Not really the way I intended it, but you see yourself sliding down a little.

And that's about it. This version should be a big improvement from some points of view. I also have a GIT repo running now, but it's still local until I decide which server to put it on. I'm waiting for a decision regarding Xonotic's GIT server, so I know if I can put it there or on the Sourceforge GIT instead.

The new version will be available on the Sourceforge page once the file finishes uploading. In the meantime, here are some new screenshots:

[Image: agnzjnbys0nfvc6lkr6_thumb.jpg] [Image: 3q762hcxfukn6xneys_thumb.jpg] [Image: iamuyuyiscw6js7sr7_thumb.jpg] [Image: b2gr27fndmpll0crmyfd_thumb.jpg] [Image: lhiwj2kxj20s7t8zanz6_thumb.jpg] [Image: bfi1jc8ixpqfm83mdymv_thumb.jpg]

Downloaded thinking some of the work you've done for Xonotic (weapon swaying, view tilting, etc.) may be included, looks like I was right Smile Has a minor problem though, in addition to completely weirding me out (though to my understanding it's supposed to be weird, even the NPCs mention how weird this game is) none of the Linux files work (I checked the permissions to make sure they could be ran). The game can however be run under WINE and runs fluidly when ran that way, though someone WILL complain about that. Also seeing what your doing with the RPG mode, I'm surprised your not spearheading development on a Xonotic singleplayer. What you have in this whack ass game may be rough (obviously since it's an early version), screwy, weird but it shows that singleplayer is doable and that with some good writers (there are quite a few on here), direction, and your skill it could be done. While not my type of game, I will say that on a technical scale there are some neat things in here, though is the single most cracked-out thing I've looked at since I played Killer 7.

Oh wait.

so creative Smile I this could defiantly be the base for Xonotic single player! I love the Oblivion style character based story telling! Could be evolved into single player for xonotic where you are a space mercenary fighting for various people. Earning points or money and unlocking missions are areas, while telling a story.
Or theme for that matter. This provides a base for non linear gameplay, making it alot easier to make a single player Smile Hope it evolves even more!

Very Impressive!
There's nothing better than getting off you butt and contributing to a community. There is no excuse when it comes to computers. Spend a little of you playing time, giving back Smile

I thought about single player for Xonotic, yes Smile I might try working on that sometime.

Why don't the Linux files work however? What error do they give? And does anyone know how that is fixable? Would help me to know, since I don't have Linux and can't test here.

(09-07-2010, 09:23 AM)MirceaKitsune Wrote: I thought about single player for Xonotic, yes Smile I might try working on that sometime.

Why don't the Linux files work however? What error do they give? And does anyone know how that is fixable? Would help me to know, since I don't have Linux and can't test here.

They don't do anything, they don't even give errors.

Oh wait.

(09-07-2010, 04:17 PM)Lee_Stricklin Wrote: They don't do anything, they don't even give errors.

Weird. I have no experience in Linux so I can't say anything for sure. Normally, it should work. I asked divVerent and I branded / packed the binaries accordingly. It might be an issue on your end... I'm not really sure.

The only dll's I'm including are those offered in the darkplaces autobuild (latest one from yesterday). Apart from that jpeg lib I mentioned in the release notes. Hope none others are needed...

I tried it under Ubuntu Lucid Lynx and trying to launch it in a terminal it gives me an "error while loading shared libraries: libjpeg.so.8: cannot open object file: No such file or directory".
Ciao Smile
Massimo

Dunno if that works, but maybe try

sudo apt-get install libjpeg.so.8

does that work? I think I have read something about a libjpeg being referenced and needed to be installed manually, but I can't find where now.
My Xonstats Profile

(09-09-2010, 04:16 AM)Halogene Wrote: Dunno if that works, but maybe try

sudo apt-get install libjpeg.so.8

does that work? I think I have read something about a libjpeg being referenced and needed to be installed manually, but I can't find where now.

E: Couldn't find package libjpeg.so.8

Oh wait.

hmm after reading a bit on ubuntu forums it seems that often the problem is that Ubuntu ships with outdated libjpeg versions (62). Often the trick is to make a symbolic link called libjpeg.so.8 that links to the version installed on your system. If you don't have the libjpeg installed at all, you can install it with

Code:
sudo apt-get install libjpeg

You can check which version is in your packet repository by doing

Code:
sudo apt-cache search libjpeg

If any version of libjpeg is installed, you can try to place a symbolic link. If you have installed version 62, then you would do

Code:
ln -s /usr/lib/libjpeg.so.62 /usr/lib/libjpeg.so.8

The system would then pretend to have version 8 installed, even though you only have version 62. Can be that it works, then - if no version 8 specific features are needed. If it doesn't work, you'll need to get the sources for version 8 and compile it for your system :o/

Hope it works, though
My Xonstats Profile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question How popular was Nexuiz? Gwlanbzh 11 10,167 08-21-2021, 01:18 PM
Last Post: [CISN] Neigdoig
  Hi guys, this is me winning the xonotic pro elite super turbo tournament 2019 ***** SUPER FALLITO ***** 5 4,555 08-26-2019, 03:17 PM
Last Post: Antibody
  Well you guys held a tournament Antares* 15 11,637 09-29-2016, 05:55 PM
Last Post: kaadmy
  Nexuiz (Steam) Back from the dead? Totally_Cool 15 13,968 04-24-2016, 04:05 AM
Last Post: tZork
  Gave the Unreal Tournament pre-alpha a spin, here's my breakdown Lee_Stricklin 2 6,536 03-27-2015, 12:23 AM
Last Post: Lee_Stricklin
  Q3 and Nexuiz for Xonotic. grigorii 13 17,571 01-10-2015, 07:52 AM
Last Post: grigorii
  How do i play Nexuiz servers with Xonotic? MarkJonez 6 17,941 10-06-2014, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Mario
  Nostalgic Nexuiz unfa 0 8,042 05-30-2014, 05:48 PM
Last Post: unfa
  New Unreal Tournament frostwyrm333 33 43,415 05-09-2014, 07:32 AM
Last Post: asyyy
Question [SOLVED] N from NEXUIZ - What means? play3r0 4 7,355 03-09-2013, 05:07 AM
Last Post: play3r0