Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nexuiz (Steam) Back from the dead?

Didn't expect to see this game active again since it crashed and burned the first time around. There's some new website activity/ news and 4 servers online. Downloaded the game and played for 10 seconds.

This probably won't last very long though

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: 14402.png]

This is great news. I can't wait to start modding Nexuiz again.

I really tried to like the game when it was in beta and before it was released. Dev's said they would fix most of the major issues, 3 weeks later after the beta they released it. Even the servers were a fiasco, ranked servers or something like that were not in place properly on release.

Are people actually playing it at the moment?

Looking at the steam charts:

August 2012 - Peak players: 1139
September 2012 - Peak Players: 21

So one month later, it's peak players were 50x less then the month before, christ that's some drop off!

Server issue really was absymal though.
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

Totally Cool back from the dead? Big Grin

I'm shocked anyone on here actually gives a damn about that game due to it's history (how do you think Xonotic came into existence?). Anyway, I gave the beta a spin and tried to appreciate the little bit they got right art direction wise and possibly map design wise, but was completely hampered by the absolute clusterfuck of game mechanics, poor performance, and graphical effects that got in the way of me trying to distinguish players from the environment.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

It certainly looks cool. Its all down from there.
[Image: 0_e8735_c58a251e_orig]

Wink 
Hello guys! I have been a xonotic player for some time and as you know Xonotic is based on Nexuiz 2.5.2 . And if you didnt know IllFonic and THQ made a new version of Nexuiz but it got down from steam because of the fall of THQ. Well now IllFonic teamed up with Psyop Games and they rereleased the game. So if you wanna check it out here is the link: Click here
This game is based on Cry Engine 3 (same engine used on Crysis 3)
Here is a gameplay of the game:

The game dosen't have many players but you can check when they play here: Click here
Well some friends actually didn't recomand the game since there aren't players 24/7
(Note: I don't want to advertise the game of anything. I just want to say that there is a new Nexuiz game and thats all!)
*Sorry for my bad english.*

Hah.
"Yes, there was a spambot some time ago on these forums." - aa

:O I see Lordhavoc playing lol.

(04-19-2016, 12:51 AM)Coolcraftteam Wrote: Hello guys! I have been a xonotic player for some time and as you know Xonotic is based on Nexuiz 2.5.2 . And if you didnt know IllFonic and THQ made a new version of Nexuiz

Really did they!??

I must of missed that they made a new version of Nexuiz during the fork! Thanks for letting me know! Wink
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

I think most of know what Illfonic's Nexuiz was... in fact I think that's kinda why Xonotic exists.
http://www.xonotic.org/faq/
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

(03-23-2016, 03:16 PM)kojn^ Wrote: August 2012 - Peak players: 1139
September 2012 - Peak Players: 21
A fine example of a successful campaign on a totally unattractive, crappily made and inevitably declining game. You need to have both a good game and a resourceful advertising to keep players rolling.
Guess which one Xonotic doesn't have.

Let me guess! I guess! I guess!

I think we don't have... players rolling?

Though we could probably make a mod rolling players... would be an interesting feature. Crouch and roll along, all with bounces and stuff...

Do I win something now?
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

(04-21-2016, 04:10 AM)Halogene Wrote: Do I win something now?

You do win something. You have won a copy of Zombie Nexuiz it rises from the dead again and again and again. Don't forget to pay for the weapon upgrades, armour and extra player models.

(04-21-2016, 05:06 AM)Spaceman Wrote:
(04-21-2016, 04:10 AM)Halogene Wrote: Do I win something now?

You do win something. You have won a copy of Zombie Nexuiz it rises from the dead again and again and again. Don't forget to pay for the weapon upgrades, armour and extra player models.

Spaceman don't take this to far....

Get ZombiuZ now, its unique pay to pay model is lighyards to to the right of the competition!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question How popular was Nexuiz? Gwlanbzh 11 10,206 08-21-2021, 01:18 PM
Last Post: [CISN] Neigdoig
  Vore Tournament (game forked from Nexuiz) MirceaKitsune 140 242,265 10-25-2019, 07:19 AM
Last Post: MirceaKitsune
  We can pretty much declare Quake Live dead Lee_Stricklin 21 24,713 05-31-2016, 03:36 AM
Last Post: Smilecythe
  Forum dead? kojn^ 5 5,454 08-25-2015, 07:56 AM
Last Post: machine!
  Q3 and Nexuiz for Xonotic. grigorii 13 17,611 01-10-2015, 07:52 AM
Last Post: grigorii
  How do i play Nexuiz servers with Xonotic? MarkJonez 6 17,955 10-06-2014, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Mario
  Nostalgic Nexuiz unfa 0 8,049 05-30-2014, 05:48 PM
Last Post: unfa
Question [SOLVED] N from NEXUIZ - What means? play3r0 4 7,380 03-09-2013, 05:07 AM
Last Post: play3r0
  Arena Gladiator Fights are dead! aa 0 3,155 03-05-2013, 11:13 AM
Last Post: aa
Wink Steam Officially on Linux Squigger 1 5,203 02-14-2013, 08:41 PM
Last Post: end user