Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello, I am Ryan20fun

Hello, I am Ryan20fun
The game seams good, But the server browser only has empty servers Sad

I found a server with a few prople via the Stats page, Used the connect console command to join.
Unfortunetly firing has a ~0.25 second delay.

Are servers regional or does the server browser show all games?

Edit: I am from South Africa

Hello and welcome! I don't think we have a huge community in South Africa, unfortunately. Perhaps you can help change that! My observation is that the EU has the largest scene.
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

(06-26-2017, 03:02 PM)Antibody Wrote: Hello and welcome!
Thanks

(06-26-2017, 03:02 PM)Antibody Wrote: I don't think we have a huge community in South Africa, unfortunately. Perhaps you can help change that! My observation is that the EU has the largest scene.
I'll see what I can do.

I've seen you have a pickup IRC channel, What would be the best time(GMT/UTC +2) to check it out for games?

Welcome,

there have been a few players from ZA here in the forums and I believe there was a South African server even. But in general they are located in Europe (mostly Germany) or in the USA.

The best time for pickup games is usually in the evening CEST (UTC+2). They are played on EU servers, what is your ping to these? Smile Feel free to join a match or ask questions about the game. We appreciate every newcomer!

[Image: qFMoVA8h.png]

I also constructed a heatmap of games by time for the entirety of 2016:

[Image: 2016_hours_heatmap.png]

It doesn't include the region in which they were played though.
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

(06-28-2017, 12:31 PM)Mirio Wrote: Welcome,

there have been a few players from ZA here in the forums and I believe there was a South African server even. But in general they are located in Europe (mostly Germany) or in the USA.

The best time for pickup games is usually in the evening CEST (UTC+2). They are played on EU servers, what is your ping to these? Smile Feel free to join a match or ask questions about the game. We appreciate every newcomer!

[Image: qFMoVA8h.png]
Is the Y axis the number of players?
I did a quick stint on a server that had bots and two spectators and had a ping of ~235, Need to see if I can get this down.
The quakenet server (euroserv.fr.quakenet.org) that I was looking at did not show much activity, Does it make a difference as to which server I use to join the pickup channel?

(06-28-2017, 12:51 PM)Antibody Wrote: I also constructed a heatmap of games by time for the entirety of 2016:

[Image: 2016_hours_heatmap.png]

It doesn't include the region in which they were played though.
I guess I am going to have a good look on friday Smile

Y-axis shows the number of matches that happened. It's quite a rare occaction that the channel is quiet. Smile Lot's of talking there usually. The QuakeNet server does not make a difference.

As Mirio said, there is always some talks at pickup chanel (about everything), and you can always join and ask questions or just talk about daily stuff Tongue
<machine> dude, i know i suck Smile
<OHSNAP! Mossepo> but you dont like finko-suck, u have potential to be good
Diomedes: Finko: You are the most intelligent guy in this community.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello, hello. (Hello) AlDeezy 5 4,199 06-12-2012, 02:12 AM
Last Post: .Danny.
  Hello hello!. (hola :D) bdvd 5 5,702 08-12-2010, 05:55 AM
Last Post: tux9656