Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally here... like it!

Hallllloooo fellow gamers, happy to be here.
Started to play Xonotic about a month ago.
Now I need to figure out how I can switch weapons faster and more reliable than before. Need to work on those keys.
Thank you and thank you for being such nice and polite players.
FAF

Note that you don't necessarily need keys for weapon switching from the start. You can use basic combos using a customized weapon order similar to this and setting cl_weaponpriority_useforcycling to 1 (in conosle or menu). This'll allow combos with deva/vortex/mortar easily and then you can add/learn keys for other weapons one by one.
[Image: 30381.jpg]

<packer> when i see martin-t's name my blood pressure increases

<[BOT]Hоtdоg> anyone here lives near martin?
<[BOT]Hоtdоg> will pay monies for shooting him

(08-09-2019, 02:09 AM)martin-t Wrote: Note that you don't necessarily need keys for weapon switching from the start. You can use basic combos using a customized weapon order similar to this and setting cl_weaponpriority_useforcycling to 1 (in conosle or menu). This'll allow combos with deva/vortex/mortar easily and then you can add/learn keys for other weapons one by one.

Thank you for your answer. Yes, it's an issue with the weapon priority for me, I need more clear instructions. I tried the esdf combo, with w=deva, r=vortex, a=mortar, g=electro, but it was a struggle.

The three good ones are of course Deva+Vortex+Mortar. I would like to be able to scroll through only those weapons on one key, or just prev/next.

Your advice is sound and good, I will look at it.

Thank you.

Edit: I'm just going through this post, seems to have some ideas on the weapon thing.
FAF - FERIS - COPENHAGEN - DENMARK - GNU/Linux  Heart
Homepage: https://feris-xonotic.net

(08-09-2019, 02:09 AM)martin-t Wrote: Note that you don't necessarily need keys for weapon switching from the start. You can use basic combos using a customized weapon order similar to this and setting cl_weaponpriority_useforcycling to 1 (in conosle or menu). This'll allow combos with deva/vortex/mortar easily and then you can add/learn keys for other weapons one by one.

Has these changes made it into the latest build? I'm kinda new to this gitlab thing, tried to understand but I'm not sure.

What does it do?

Thank you.

No. This is a merge request - it's a suggested change other devs should look at and check (or provide feedback). This is how development in polite society works. Of course we still have rockstars here who push straight to master (the main branch which autobuild is based on) and break it... often... rant off... I am even explicitly asking for feedback on this one because i know many people will be opposed to it (usually for no real reason). The diff (changes tab) shows the suggested New Weapon Order - the cl_weaponpriority cvar. If somebody actually provides constructive feedback, i'll change it. Once (if ever) we finally agree on the best (or good enough... anything but the current shitshow) default order, there are other things to change like the order weapons are displayed in game or in the Input menu. Then it'll be merged to master.
[Image: 30381.jpg]

<packer> when i see martin-t's name my blood pressure increases

<[BOT]Hоtdоg> anyone here lives near martin?
<[BOT]Hоtdоg> will pay monies for shooting him

OK thx. Yea, I really hope that there will be some kind of consensus between developers soon.
I will try a manual merge from gitlab and check it out.
Anyway I can help?

That was nonesense from my part, I did the changes manually myself before reading this. Would be nice with a wiki or something, which explains it in detail.
Anyways, it takes time to master the weapons, so I better practice. You are good to noobs Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  hi (hi) na player here BIGFELLA 1 458 02-07-2024, 08:25 PM
Last Post: [CISN] Neigdoig
Tongue Hello! New NA player here Dynamx_FPS 0 1,319 09-25-2023, 07:53 AM
Last Post: Dynamx_FPS
  Hi all! New here.... CyberGhost 5 2,954 01-26-2022, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Halogene
  Peach (mod) here. Peach 3 2,943 10-17-2020, 01:20 PM
Last Post: end user
Smile Hi! New player here H1POGRYF 1 1,585 09-17-2020, 04:49 AM
Last Post: Halogene
  Hi, nexuiz player here ;) Sierdza[SiN] 5 3,268 03-26-2020, 10:46 AM
Last Post: Draena
  Hello all, i am here about playing this game eyeofpara 1 2,414 10-10-2019, 12:37 PM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  Installed game yesterday, really like it so far... Tooncinator 1 1,617 09-08-2019, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Mirio
  still here BuddyFriendGuy 5 3,046 07-23-2018, 10:10 PM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  Hi, SEEK-fried here and what I want is to Dest-Roy SEEK-fried 9 4,734 01-18-2018, 08:34 AM
Last Post: SEEK-fried