Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Docker Xonotic Dedicated Server

Hello everyone!

I want to inform you that i've created a Docker image (mainly for Unraid) for Xonotic Dedicated Server it will automaticaly download the prefered version entered in the startup commands, download all the needed files and start it.

Here are the startup commands:

Code:
docker run --name Xonotic -d \
   -p 3979:3979/tcp \
   -p 3979:3979/udp \
   --env 'GAME_PARAMS=' \
   --env 'GAME_VERSION=0.8.2' \
   --env 'UID=99' \
   --env 'GID=100' \
   --volume /mnt/user/appdata/xonotic:/serverdata/serverfiles \
   --restart=unless-stopped \
   ich777/xonotic:latest

GAME_PARAMS = Enter your extra start up commands for the server if needed otherwise leave blank.
GAME_VERSON = Enter your prefered game version (downgrade and upgrade is always possible) the docker will check for a newer version or the prefered version on startup
UID = the UID of the User (don't change unless you know what you are doing)
GID = the GID of the Group (don't change unless you know what you are doing)
volume = the path where to save the files on your server to get easy acces to
restart=unless-stopped = the container will automaticaly restart if it crashes

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask. [Image: icon_wink.gif]

Regards, ich777

Very nice thanks for that. Maybe there could be an official repository for docker images?
One to run a dedicated server, maybe one to make reproducible builds of the engine etc.

(08-20-2019, 04:02 PM)poVoq Wrote: Very nice thanks for that. Maybe there could be an official repository for docker images?
I will maintain the docker very well and if something is not working go to the unraid forums or post a comment in this thread.

(08-20-2019, 04:02 PM)poVoq Wrote: One to run a dedicated server, maybe one to make reproducible builds of the engine etc.
I don't understand the question fully... What did you mean with reproducible builds of the engine?
I personally don't play the game i only made the docker because someone on the unraid forums requested it. Wink

(08-22-2019, 03:52 AM)ich777 Wrote:
(08-20-2019, 04:02 PM)poVoq Wrote: One to run a dedicated server, maybe one to make reproducible builds of the engine etc.
I don't understand the question fully... What did you mean with reproducible builds of the engine?
I personally don't play the game i only made the docker because someone on the unraid forums requested it. Wink

like explained here: https://sweetcode.io/using-docker-reprod...ironments/

Good job. I, too, have run my servers (game server + map server) under docker (with docker-compose) for a few years. I agree there should be at least two official images, or dockerfile/docker-compose.yml to make it easier for people to host their servers or work on the code.
1. Server
2. Compilation
I sort of remember seeing something done by -z-.
I don't have enough cycles these days to generalize the files, but would love to see this available for people.

How do you install Docker without installing proprietary software?
?️‍? <- that should be a rainbow flag emoji.

(09-21-2019, 10:02 PM)Lyberta Wrote: How do you install Docker without installing proprietary software?

Could you explain your issue a bit better? Docker can be installed easily on any GNU/Linux system, no proprietary software involved AFAIK.

(09-22-2019, 02:25 PM)poVoq Wrote: Could you explain your issue a bit better? Docker can be installed easily on any GNU/Linux system, no proprietary software involved AFAIK.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Docker_(software)

Quote:License
Binaries: Freemium software as a service
Source code: Apache License 2.0

That is only referring to the Enterprise Edition.
When you install it from your regular packet manager you get the Community Edition, which really has all the features needed and is fully FOSS.
Putting it like that on the Wikipedia is pretty much spreading  FUD Sad

Hmm, I wanted to check manually so after several pages of "Buy now/start free trial" I end up here:
https://hub.docker.com/search/?type=edit...=community

And this is blank page even if I enable everything that my tools don't qualify as spyware/ads. So, not even a sane way to download their thing.

EDIT: Ok, via search engine I managed to download DEB and it seems to be Apache 2.0, hmm.

Yep, Docker is FOSS. Several of its components in the larger "Docker ecosystem" are not, however. I believe the tendency of that ecosystem to use more and more of those proprietary things was one of the driving forces behind the creation of rkt, which is most certainly Apache through-and-through.
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Server setup help NovaX338 1 173 10-19-2019, 06:48 AM
Last Post: Lyberta
  Discord server Tommy 12 3,963 09-11-2018, 03:05 PM
Last Post: MarisaG
  nexuiz server in xonotic browser Cooper Hawks 19 6,717 01-01-2017, 04:06 PM
Last Post: Smilecythe
  Why is your server empth 24/7 slowtwitch 10 3,696 06-27-2016, 10:37 PM
Last Post: end user
  Join my Xonotic Mumble Server! VertX 9 3,838 03-23-2016, 11:14 PM
Last Post: heyalex
  Dedicated map repo and video hosting site... end user 28 17,926 07-13-2014, 05:04 PM
Last Post: end user
  Server hopping days? end user 5 3,480 06-22-2014, 10:42 AM
Last Post: Ari
  Map, Server and Win Ratio statistics zykure 8 4,931 02-12-2014, 06:02 AM
Last Post: cvcxc
  Xonotic TeamSpeak 3 server sponsored by Profound Velocity legend 13 15,139 07-11-2013, 02:17 PM
Last Post: legend
Smile TeamSpeak and Mumble Server sponsored by [unconnected] jack 3 4,255 06-28-2013, 02:52 PM
Last Post: N1mbus