Create an account

Poll: Like Direction!
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Totaly like it!
28.57%
2 28.57%
Good but could be better!
14.29%
1 14.29%
Normal!
0%
0 0%
Don't like it that much!
28.57%
2 28.57%
NO! NO! NO!!!! (it's okay to choose this... it's only experimental Wink )
28.57%
2 28.57%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Experimental Physics and Balance

Star 
Some Faster Physics and a stronger Balance Wink
(to test save file in the "...\data\xonotic-data.pk3dir" folder and type
Code:
exec balance-physic_rzde.cfg
in the console ([^]-Key by default while running game or [SHIFT]+[^] in menu Wink)
This is a easier to use balance so don't be afraid Big Grin

THIS IS ONLY A DIRECTION SUGGESTION!
NOT A FINAL VERSION!!!

Any suggestions?

Attached Files
.zip   balance-physic_rainerzufalldererste.zip (Size: 5.54 KB / Downloads: 12)
MY NOOB STATS:
[Image: 788.png]

Is this based on the current xonotic physics & weapons??

I downloaded anyway, will try tonight Smile
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

Felt right at home with the physics part and the game was immediately playable with that movement. The weapons on the other hand need work since they're too much like the ones in balanceFruit.cfg (though they're actually useable in these settings) and I'm also not a fan of the caps (maybe raise them to like 350 or something). Also from what I've seen it seems strafing influences speed a bit (doesn't really bug me, but I think some developers were trying to avoid that). The weapons is the part that bugs me the most since a lot of functionality has been removed (can't bank shot with nades any more) while redundancy (Crylink = HLAC with the machine gun being too much like them). Can't tell yet, but you seem to be moving in the right direction.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

thanks for that feedback Wink
@Lee_Stricklin: and you made me do that, when I saw you doing your balance Big Grin
MY NOOB STATS:

(09-14-2010, 12:58 PM)kojn^ Wrote: I downloaded anyway, will try tonight Smile

Have you tried it, yet?
MY NOOB STATS:

Movement: At the beginning it feels like having stones at the feeds. Acceleration comes from strafing/Turning with jumping in the beginning like in nexuiz. It feels ok when you got some speed (600+). But I like fruitiex settings a lot more.

Weapons: I didnt test the weapons to much. I liked the changes on the crylink primary a bit. But about the laser ... It seems to be the old Laser which was overpowered for a tool that you get as a startweapon imo.

rainerzufalldererste - Poker > my life at the moment, but I will definitely have some time when I get back home from work today Smile

Movement, yes it has strafing, definitely not used to it..sometimes I could get speed..then other times my green accel bar wouldn't go up much, again..div0 wants no strafing in speed gain to be used so it can be abused by a bot.

I prefer these to nexuiz from what I could tell, turning felt much better, and prefer over Lee's, but current xonotic git feels easier to use and I think turning is better, but good work I like what you tried anyway.

Balance..I didn't notice anything majorly different in functionality.

However, I DID like the crylink change, you kept the ROF (rate of fire) it seems pretty much same as balancefruit, but you made it fire faster..I'd need to try this setting out in balance fruit, but I think this speed would be better for it..not too sure on the 5 shot, seemed wide enough mind you.

Could be an idea to try this in balance fruit, and make the crylink very strong if you hit with it, because with current xonotic physics atleast I think it would be quite hard to hit beause of the speed of the shot..it's like it only get's wide enough after it's gone 10ft or so..so I guess it would take some skill to predict with, with xonotic player speed which i what I like, anyway enough rambling.

Basically, like the crylink primary fire speed increase - think this should go into current default xonotic balance or try before atleast..shotwise not too sure, if was a 5 shot an if it is quite hard to hit someone bang full on, make damage really quite high..your's feel's like UT's flak cannon at the moment I liked it anyway.

As for the other weapons I don't have much else to say as the changes were either none, or very subtle Smile

Basically what Bundy said, I agree with evertthing he wrote, and liked the same changes (crylink primary Smile ) I like you didn't change it much, but probably made it more useful (quicker atleast!) then in balancefruit, and the speed doesn't seem too fast or too slow..people complained about this the most in the current crylink, so yea very good job Smile

New one:
Changes:
- Physics: Faster
- Laser: Less Damage, Very Fast!
- Shotgun: Secondary has more damage
- Uzi: No big changes!
- Mortar: Secondary stays longer and has more damage!
- Electro: bulbs stay longer; (and more powerful)
- Crylink: primary: 3 times bouncing + less spread; secondary more powerful;
- Minsta: shoots after 0.9 (faster);
- Hagar: Primary: less damage (for pushing around and @walls), Secondary: more damage;
- RL: more Damage;
- Hook: secondary: more powerful;
- HLAC: Primary: More powerful(damage = 25); secondary: less spread(normal = 0.4, crouch = 0.1[!!!]);
- Camping Rifle: 6 shot magazine; more powerful primary;
- Fireball: no big changes;
- seeker: no changes;

Attached Files
.zip   balance-physic_rainerzufalldererste_2.zip (Size: 5.54 KB / Downloads: 3)
MY NOOB STATS:

Surprised you made RL do more damage..it is already strong enough imo, but I will try these out.

(09-17-2010, 12:41 AM)Bundy Wrote: Acceleration comes from strafing/Turning with jumping in the beginning like in nexuiz.
For me, this is the significative difference between Lee's/Rainerzufalldererste's physics (which are indeed both kind of Nexuiz-like) and Fruitiex's one.

My personal taste would be to keep Nexuiz-like physics, where you can get most of your acceleration by strafing. Specifically, I'm not very fond of jerky jumps and the lack of inertia of Fruitiex's physics. I definetly prefer the "moon" effect of Nexuiz-like physics.
But it's maybe just a matter of habit I think.

Now, what I understood is that community (or some of the community) wanted to avoid or limit this "acceleration by strafing/Turning with jumping" aspect.
So, if it's the case, I think it's worth to explicitly mention it here, so as to not investigate in dead directions.
Fat.bot.Slim

...and that's the reason for making all this balances and physics Big Grin
now we don't have only one possibility Smile

Thank you for your tips and for testing!
MY NOOB STATS:

hm hm, but (sorry again for my engineering propaganda Tongue), instead of testing N different balances&physics, I think it would save a lot of time to try first to get instead some sort of high level feature consensus, e.g. do we want to keep the acceleration by strafing?
Fat.bot.Slim

(09-21-2010, 12:34 PM)Rage_ATWM Wrote: hm hm, but (sorry again for my engineering propaganda Tongue), instead of testing N different balances&physics, I think it would save a lot of time to try first to get instead some sort of high level feature consensus, e.g. do we want to keep the acceleration by strafing?

There's plenty of acceleration when strafing in the Xonotic physics. If you also turn.
Links to my: SoundCloud and bandcamp accounts

I suggest a method.
One answers on details.
This is repeated again and again.

But my propaganda ends here. At least, I tried.
Fat.bot.Slim

It's hard for me to tell the differences because I haven't played games like this for very long; but I think the new physics are better.

the original new physics or mine or another? Tongue Big Grin
MY NOOB STATS:

Yours. :O

(09-22-2010, 09:35 AM)rainerzufalldererste Wrote: the original new physics or mine or another? Tongue Big Grin

If I had to pick between yours or Fruitiex's I'd pick yours, but mine pwns all Tongue In all honesty (sorry in advance for sounding like a dick) Fruitiex's kinda reminds me of the first time I tried screwing around with the dodo in Grand Theft Auto 3, kinda feels like I'm trying (and failing) to fly a plane, not control a player. His weapons are also a pain in the ass to use as well.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

*ignoring Lee Big Grin

(09-22-2010, 09:38 AM)phim Wrote: Yours. :O
oh thank you Wink
MY NOOB STATS:

Star 
UPDATE:

Changes:
- Physics: no big changes!
- Laser: no big changes!
- Shotgun: Primary is now more powerful! (not so much spread)
- Uzi: less Spread
- Mortar: Primary now powerful as well!
- Electro: Primary and secondary more Damage!
- Crylink: Shots changed from 5 to 6!
- Nex: no changes!
- Minstanex: no changes!
- Hagar: no big changes!
- RocketLauncher: no big changes!
- PortOLauncher: no changes!
- Hook: no changes!
- HLAC: no big changes!
- CampingRifle: 6 bullets! A bit more damage!
- Tuba: no changes!
- FireBall: No big changes!
- Seeker: Secondary is a HardToAim, HighDamage Hagar now! (fireworks yay!)

If You Think...
If you think: Why is everything more powerful and faster?
The answer is: Because I wanted the gameplay to be fast!

I'm not happy with:
- HLAC Secondary!
- Seeker Secondary!
- Electro primary!
- Uzi
- Shotgun (tooo powerful now!)

The Best Weapons in my balance are:
[Later every weapon should have something that you want to pick up Wink]
- Mortar
- CampingRifle
- Nex
- RocketLauncher
- HLAC
- Crylink
- Seeker

Attached Files
.zip   balance-physic_rainerzufalldererste_3.zip (Size: 5.56 KB / Downloads: 11)
MY NOOB STATS:

Anyone tested it yet?
MY NOOB STATS:

Will try out tonight. I'd just leave the shotgun as it is like in default game at the moment it really doesn't need changing.

have you tried it?
MY NOOB STATS:

New Balance:

.zip   balance_rzde.zip (Size: 5.73 KB / Downloads: 0)
MY NOOB STATS:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Competitive Xonotic promode (XPM2) physics Smilecythe 21 15,797 03-27-2020, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Cynical
  Official Overkill balance martin-t 38 25,926 10-06-2016, 05:08 PM
Last Post: martin-t
  Custom Weapon Balance - Live on /v/ server Antares* 30 19,211 09-30-2016, 11:52 AM
Last Post: Antares*
  Balance changes?! Mario 15 14,779 05-10-2015, 06:19 AM
Last Post: FruitieX
  Question and Rant on the LG and MG changes. GegoXAREN 5 5,578 11-26-2012, 04:16 PM
Last Post: hutty
Lightbulb Easy to configure *map* balance system Samual 8 12,007 11-17-2012, 04:14 AM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  Fast physics Rage_ATWM 66 67,344 03-12-2011, 04:40 PM
Last Post: kojn^
  fishy.cfg balance config ... 9 10,960 01-11-2011, 08:32 PM
Last Post: ...
Brick Paras balance cfg _para 12 12,961 12-11-2010, 02:55 PM
Last Post: Mirio
Information Testing new Xonotic balance FruitieX 6 6,703 11-08-2010, 10:16 AM
Last Post: FruitieX