Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[v12/11/12] Opium by cityy

BETA III (v4)
08/10/12

Description:
This is a BETA version of my second entry for the Duel Mapping Competition 2012. I'm using a mix of several texture sets; mainly eX and phillipk2x.
On the map you can currently find one RL, one GL, the Nex, an Electro, a Crylink as well as a Mega Health, one 100 Armor, one 50 Armor and one 25 Armor.

[Image: opium_v3.jpg]

Download:
- Dropbox (6.5mb)

Changes:
- swapped RL and Mortar
- moved Crylink to 100 armor/strength room transition
- fixed wrong ad board shaders
- added new rock platform for the 25hp in the 100 armor/strength room transition

- Item placement
- geometry
- visuals

Please don't:
- pay any attention to clipping or any ceillings you can possibly stand on

Enjoy and have fun!

The textures for the screens are missing:

[Image: xonotic201211081815491bc2w.jpg]

The map looks really stunning! Loving it. I will try to give you feedback regarding the item layout and gameplay as soon as I played it with someone on IRC.

- fis

the dropbox link is 404ing

(11-08-2012, 03:25 PM)s1lencer Wrote: the dropbox link is 404ing

its already on the exile servers. so you can play it there
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

Fixed the link, sorry about that!

all of your maps are so beautiful cityy

(11-08-2012, 06:45 PM)s1lencer Wrote: all of your maps are so beautiful cityy

I second that, I hope you'll keep on creating great maps for Xonotic after the mapping contest too.
My contributions to Xonotic: talking in the forum, talking some more, talking a bit in the irc, talking in the forum again, XSkie

Xonotic is a very fun game to make maps for. When the contest is over, maybe I'll make another map or two - however, I guess I will not be as active as I am now.
The contest has been a great pushing factor due to the deadline set for submissions; I don't really care about the prize though.

Overall a very nice map with a new style/with textures that haven´t been overused before. There are lots of texture alignment fixes to do but I guess you are aware of this already.

Those ramps really need some purpose. At the moment they just look way out of place in this map. Make them lamps (too simple Tongue ) or something else... Also I would consider adding something different then only ramp jumping to get to certain platforms. Complete newbies or even beginners will get lost in this map and won´t even reach the higher areas. Always think of each different type of player and how she/he would play your map.

(11-09-2012, 06:09 AM)Maddin Wrote: Those ramps really need some purpose. At the moment they just look way out of place in this map.

Just place those signs everywhere:
[Image: behindertengerecht.gif]

(11-09-2012, 06:09 AM)Maddin Wrote: Also I would consider adding something different then only ramp jumping to get to certain platforms. Complete newbies or even beginners will get lost in this map and won´t even reach the higher areas. Always think of each different type of player and how she/he would play your map.

Good point there, I will think about it.
About those ramps, I agree I need to make them work with the design. Just haven't decided on what exactly to do with them as I don't want the map to be too simular to fuse.

It's nice, not as nice as Fuse, but nice, try make a little more varitation in the different rooms IMO...

Hopefully, I'll be able to make it have the same visual quality as fuse. I have not put that much time and thought into the map yet so I'm sure there is room for improvements.

BETA III

This is a gameplay update for the upcoming 2on2 QuickCup. I swapped Mortar and RL while the RL is placed closer to the strength power up. Additionally, I moved crylink to the upper transition between the 100 armor and the strength room. I also added a small rock setup to that room which now holds the 25hp entity.

Download:
- Dropbox (6.5mb)

HF!

[Image: 3RR4Gk75TBzRbQ1C1ara17]

The layout of this map is amazing .....

Its also up on the paradox space server now ...

Photo 
Here I come, out of nowhere, with some progress screenshots. Lots of work is still left to be done.

[Image: 40.jpg]

[Image: 41.jpg]

[Image: 42.jpg]

Jaw-droppingly good shots, Xonotic is a beauty!

That looks amazing! =o

just a note: please post thumbnails linking to the image instead of the whole image, some image hosters auto makes a thumbnail for you. Wink

Found that you can see trough the brush at the upper left http://ompldr.org/vaHF4cA/xonotic20130313173918-00.jpg

v4 here, and no ads! =(

I really really REALLY like how this map plays. To me, it feels like a nice balance between Silent Siege and Fuse. Love it!
However, I have a question. Do you have any plans for adding waypoints?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Major Opium update SpiKe 1 316 12-29-2023, 08:38 PM
Last Post: anoob
Star [FINAL] Fuse by cityy cityy 42 45,758 11-08-2012, 11:42 AM
Last Post: Majki