Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Nexball] Bloodball

Probably you already have seen the map in the ´Nexball Mapping Contest´. Anyway I want to show the map here and get some feedback.

[Image: scaled.php?server=534&filename=bloodball...res=medium]
[Image: scaled.php?server=684&filename=bloodball...res=medium]
[Image: scaled.php?server=41&filename=bloodball3.jpg&res=medium]
[Image: scaled.php?server=20&filename=bloodball4.jpg&res=medium]

Note that you should set up at least Ultra Effects to see every detail!

Download: bloodball_final.pk3

´bloodball_final.pk3´ is licensed under the GNU GPL v3!
By downloading this package (´bloodball_final.pk3´) you agree these terms!

Have fun! Smile

Played this just a few minutes ago. It's got very good lighting, detailed textures and it's a very attractive map (it wouldn't seem out of place at Aperture Labs). It's easy to navigate, allows for reasonably fast gameplay and is very suitable for small Nexball matches (I say this because it is quite a small and narrow map). I would make the goals a little bit deeper, however, so that they act more like goals and less like flat pictures.
Also, I do feel slightly claustrophobic when playing this map and personally, I think it could be slightly taller. It's only a very minor niggle.
Overall I'd give it 8.5/10. Big Grin

It has to be small, it's made as a 2v2 map for the nexball mapping competition.

@rocknroll237:
(12-27-2011, 05:22 PM)Mepper Wrote: It has to be small, it's made as a 2v2 map for the nexball mapping competition.
! Wink

I lke the lighting i see on the screenies, the map looks cool with the all the details.

(12-27-2011, 04:49 PM)rocknroll237 Wrote: I would make the goals a little bit deeper, however, so that they act more like goals and less like flat pictures.

^ This. Also, consider making the teleporters stand out a bit more, I missed them for the first 3 mins Blush

Otherwise, awesome! Ramped trim makes movement and ball handling fresh, visuals are nice. Layout is a bit flat for my tastes, but that's mainly just a preference really (and 3D nexball is kind of hard with 2v2).

GJ, GL Smile

All I was saying was that the map suits the 2v2 matches well, but that I feel slightly claustrophobic due to the low ceiling (I play Nexball in 3rd person, btw). It's a nice map regardless.
EDIT: Just played the map again and I find the noise that the ball makes is a little annoying. The music could also do with a bit more spice, but the most important thing is gameplay and design, not music.

i noticed a texture difference between red and blue side Tongue

http://ompldr.org/vYnp4bA/20111231155623-00.jpg
http://ompldr.org/vYnp4aw/20111231155607-00.jpg

HA! Beeing apprehensive means beeing pesky, isn't it?
Good job, Itsme!

WELL done, It´sMe! Big Grin Will fix that instantly!

New version available! See the first post! Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [DM]8-bit Arena DM NEXBALL CTF CuBe0wL 18 16,492 01-28-2016, 10:20 PM
Last Post: Colton
  [Nexball] Crossing Nexball Debugger 3 4,664 03-24-2012, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Debugger
  [Nexball] Gears'n'Balls freefang 0 2,763 02-09-2012, 03:33 PM
Last Post: freefang
  Nexball maps HELP needed [Update March 7th] Cortez666 5 10,464 03-07-2011, 07:18 AM
Last Post: Cortez666
Brick [Nexball map pack] bumper pool variations accident 11 16,029 07-21-2010, 06:50 PM
Last Post: accident