Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SUGGESTION] make xonotic live page

I do like quake live, I think that Xonotic must make a service like this.
Making some money with ads in the page, and inside the game.
And of course making deals with linux distributions and browsers to be inside their free games bookmarks.

Other suggestion is to make a webgl version for tablets, smartphones and any browser. Working with Google in this new webgl adventure can be great.

And different set of weapons where you can choose one, based in old tittles "as doom" "as doom2" "as Hexen" "as Heretic" or if it cannot be used because id software patents, with other names and aspect, but the same characteristics.

It would be different to play the same scenario with a different set of weapons.

Thanks for all and good luck in this new adventure.

I would love to be able to play/view demos on my phone. As cool as this sounds, I'm not sure if it's likely to happen any time soon. I think a more realistic approach would be to bridge the browser and game with a nexuiz:// protocol, or a mime type. QuakeWorld has something similar for spectators: http://qtv.quakeworld.nu/ however this is just a proxy to take the spectator's weight off the server that is hosting the match.
Latest obsession.

this isnt actually as improbable as you may think..check out arena live Big Grin http://arenalive.zexos.org/ apparently it has closed now, but it worked quite well. didnt really keep up with requests though (i think it only had a one man dev team)

[Image: sig2.png]
Check out my site: www.alisdairrankine.com!

Interesting. Would a browser based port of Xonotic be possible? WebGL is a JavaScript library so I'm not sure if that would work. This area of development is way over my head, but I like where this conversation is going.
Latest obsession.

(03-22-2010, 09:59 AM)mitcoes Wrote: I do like quake live, I think that Xonotic must make a service like this.
The advert thing is probably a NO GO. We definately don't want to earn money from this projects. We are not alienTRAP (sic!).

(03-22-2010, 09:59 AM)mitcoes Wrote: And of course making deals with linux distributions and browsers to be inside their free games bookmarks.

Probably, but larger distros already packaged Nexuiz officially too. It might happen to Xonotic also.

(03-22-2010, 09:59 AM)mitcoes Wrote: Other suggestion is to make a webgl version for tablets, smartphones and any browser. Working with Google in this new webgl adventure can be great.

I honestly don't think a tablet could handle the game.

(03-22-2010, 09:59 AM)mitcoes Wrote: And different set of weapons where you can choose one, based in old tittles "as doom" "as doom2" "as Hexen" "as Heretic" or if it cannot be used because id software patents, with other names and aspect, but the same characteristics.

It would be different to play the same scenario with a different set of weapons.

Thanks for all and good luck in this new adventure.

I don't think this fits in the style of the game. Also, there's already a project for that, "Generations Arena".
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

(03-23-2010, 10:12 AM)C.Brutail Wrote:
(03-22-2010, 09:59 AM)mitcoes Wrote: I do like quake live, I think that Xonotic must make a service like this.
The advert thing is probably a NO GO. We definately don't want to earn money from this projects. We are not alienTRAP (sic!).

Well the money was not the problem but selling the name and pissing off the community along with major contributors by "we care about you but can't talk to you because we made a deal that does not care about you" and by leaving open a lot of questions and even some legal questions.

In fact money would be good to sponsor servers and generally help with hosting and such. However as Xonotic is totally community driven one would have to make sure the whole community benefits from it.
Real signature is still in production!

Sounds some what interesting to have a browser based Xonotic. The in game ads though do not sound cool but ads else where if they go to the advancement of Xonotic why the hell not.
<[-z-]> have you seen the documentary "happy"?
<Samual_> no
<Samual_> it sounds horrible

here is stream but minsta.net server is dead now Sad
http://stream.minsta.net/

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation [SUGGESTION] [CLOSED] Make Trouble in Terrorist Town (TTT) come back LegendGuard 8 4,119 03-23-2022, 06:18 PM
Last Post: LegendGuard
  Petition to Make LG Default in Clan Arena usedcardownloader 0 2,051 07-04-2021, 11:44 AM
Last Post: usedcardownloader
  [SUGGESTION] Web facing Pickup page/site end user 6 5,530 08-27-2017, 07:08 PM
Last Post: end user
  [SUGGESTION] Rename Campaign and make an actual Campaign? Beagle 2 3,156 03-17-2016, 10:11 PM
Last Post: fool
  [SUGGESTION] Make instagib/overkill = official asyyy 49 36,802 07-31-2015, 06:38 PM
Last Post: Drauts
  [SUGGESTION] Make game knowledge/info more obvious - i.e. tips Archer 7 10,772 01-21-2015, 02:03 AM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  [SUGGESTION] Ideas on how to make the game more accessible spamyak 6 7,775 08-12-2013, 04:16 PM
Last Post: edh
Sad [SUGGESTION] More noob-friendly Xonotic: gameplay sacrifices to make lamefun 10 11,284 01-30-2013, 06:20 AM
Last Post: Halogene
  [SUGGESTION] National Flags on new Xonotic page Majki 48 38,183 07-31-2012, 08:06 PM
Last Post: aa
Lightbulb [SUGGESTION] Linux - make dependacies obvious - libcurl thumper 10 11,194 05-07-2012, 09:14 AM
Last Post: hutty