Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am bored to death...

I am sooooo bored. Dunno what to play -.- Can u tell me about some great games? Let it be FPS please.
[Image: 10253.png]

Xonotic.

The Orange Box (Half Life 2 + Ep1 + Ep2, TF2, Portal) Crysis 1/Crysis Warhead (the second is good but isn't as fun imo), the Battlefield series (BF3 is probably better than CoD for many reasons, except zombies), the CoD series (fancy Nazi Zombies?), Left 4 Dead (great fun with co-op, really gets the adrenaline going), Deus Ex (the original was a great RPG, the new one is more of an action game but both are very good), Arma 2 (DayZ mod looks amazing!) Counter Strike, Halo (there are some pretty awesome custom maps/assets for the original on PC), Max Payne (the new one looks great), Doom (there are some amazing Doom mods), Quake (retro, great fun), Unreal Tournament (HOOOOLY SHIIIIT) and possibly even the GTA games (I know they're not really FPS games (although there is a first person mod for GTA 4), but when I'm bored and don't have access to my PC, I have a go on San Andreas on the PS2!).

You probably want to play games that are easy to get into and very visually stimulating if you are really bored. Tactical slow stuff and puzzles might not cure your boredom, but you never know...

Why not play Xonotic? Tongue

Sounds like you're ready to start.... MAPPING!
"Yes, there was a spambot some time ago on these forums." - aa

(06-24-2012, 04:24 AM)rocknroll237 Wrote: The Orange Box (Half Life 2 + Ep1 + Ep2, TF2, Portal) Crysis 1/Crysis Warhead (the second is good but isn't as fun imo), the Battlefield series (BF3 is probably better than CoD for many reasons, except zombies), the CoD series (fancy Nazi Zombies?), Left 4 Dead (great fun with co-op, really gets the adrenaline going), Deus Ex (the original was a great RPG, the new one is more of an action game but both are very good), Arma 2 (DayZ mod looks amazing!) Counter Strike, Halo (there are some pretty awesome custom maps/assets for the original on PC), Max Payne (the new one looks great), Doom (there are some amazing Doom mods), Quake (retro, great fun), Unreal Tournament (HOOOOLY SHIIIIT) and possibly even the GTA games (I know they're not really FPS games (although there is a first person mod for GTA 4), but when I'm bored and don't have access to my PC, I have a go on San Andreas on the PS2!).

You probably want to play games that are easy to get into and very visually stimulating if you are really bored. Tactical slow stuff and puzzles might not cure your boredom, but you never know...

Why not play Xonotic? Tongue

i play xonotic, but i want something else when no minsta server is active

Xonotic
Unreal Tournament: Game of the Year Edition
Tribes 2/Tribes Next
Tribes: Ascend
Half Life, Opposing Force, Blue Shift
Urban Terror
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Deus Ex: Revision or Deus Ex: The Conspiracy (Original unmodified PC versions of this game have aged horribly.)
The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay and Assault on Dark Athena (DO NOT play the Butcher Bay campaign in Dark Athena, it's nowhere near as good as the original though Dark Athena is worth your time for it's own campaign)
Marathon Trilogy
Doom 1, 2, Final (Windows 95 or PlayStation versions or source port of your choosing)
Call of Duty, United Offensive, Modern Warfare 1 PC version (rest of the series save maybe Finest Hour isn't worth your time)
SiN
No One Lives Forever 1 & 2 & Contract J.A.C.K.
Aliens VS Predator 2
Quake, Quake II, and Quake III: Arena and their expansions
Turok: Dinosaur Hunter and Turok 2: Seeds of Evil (If you can find a way to run them. I personally use WINE and PlayOnLinux though really your better off with the N64 versions of these games.)
Hard Reset (very much like PainKiller, but has an atmosphere similar to Codename: Tenka)
Duke Nukem 3D (still a classic)
Rise of the Triad (Another classic)
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

(06-24-2012, 04:52 AM)GaryRoach Wrote: i play xonotic, but i want something else when no minsta server is active

Why don't you play normal xonotic then?
[Image: 370.png] AKA [~] John Smith on Nexuiz

(06-24-2012, 05:33 AM)ThePWTULN Wrote:
(06-24-2012, 04:52 AM)GaryRoach Wrote: i play xonotic, but i want something else when no minsta server is active

Why don't you play normal xonotic then?

i don't like it. i can't handle those weapons Sad

Try overkill then.

Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines

What about Portal 1, 2?

IF YOU ARE BORED YOU CAN TAKE UP A NEW HOBBY. Mapping is a good idea, I suggest from my own experience: Climbing and music.
Climbing as a great and very diversified sport (exciting but also dangerous). If you don't have a climbing gym near your home you still can climb on trees and walls (be carefull about it).

Music in the other hand is a way to express your feelings, relase stress and composing will let you forget about problems. The easiest way to start composing is to buy or borrow electronic piano or use computer software only.

Whatever you decide: Good luck with that!

Or maybe I suggest finding a lady friend (or a guy friend if you are female or swing the other way) to keep you busy. They sure do so better than any game.

Well Roach, it seems like you'e been given a lot of great suggestions. If you still don't know what you want to play, then you might wanna look outside the realm of the FPS, perhaps to an RPG or something.

Also, everytime I get on Nexuiz it's nothing but minsta, so you may want to consider that.

(06-24-2012, 11:06 AM)rafallus Wrote: Or maybe I suggest finding a lady friend (or a guy friend if you are female or swing the other way) to keep you busy. They sure do so better than any game.

Almost there! Lady friends are not just for lads. I'll give you a 7/10 in inclusiveness.

Learn duel in xon.Will keep u busy a few months.

(06-24-2012, 11:06 AM)rafallus Wrote: Or maybe I suggest finding a lady friend (or a guy friend if you are female or swing the other way) to keep you busy. They sure do so better than any game.

I prefer to play video games with my lady friend. It's always fun

I'd recommend (apart from what's already been recommended) Painkiller (ppl say black edition is the best part) - it's a classic single player kinda like Serious Sam fps. No fooling around, just point and shoot those mobs ;-).
My contributions to Xonotic: talking in the forum, talking some more, talking a bit in the irc, talking in the forum again, XSkie

(06-24-2012, 06:32 AM)rafallus Wrote: Try overkill then.

My favourite, but not always populated.

Quote:Painkiller

Great series, unfortunately went downhill after some "expansion" packs, like buggy Resurrection. There's completely new version announced to come, based on UE 3.0.

Quote:My favourite, but not always populated.

That's a bit odd - whenever I join, this is one of the most populated servers, currently only vehicle server is more busy with all those ongoing changes (see git), if you want to, feel free to go there too.

Quote:Almost there! Lady friends are not just for lads. I'll give you a 7/10 in inclusiveness.

If you count actual percentages of people swinging each way, I'm quite sure that'd be a bit more than that.

(06-25-2012, 04:07 AM)rafallus Wrote:
Quote:Almost there! Lady friends are not just for lads. I'll give you a 7/10 in inclusiveness.

If you count actual percentages of people swinging each way, I'm quite sure that'd be a bit more than that.

No, I'm just rating your inclusiveness, not providing demographic statistics! Smile

(All in good fun, of course)

Urban Terror

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  pod - Planet of Death The mysterious Mr. 4m 4 4,986 10-23-2015, 03:45 AM
Last Post: kojn^
  No Death Match Servers :( Beagle 7 7,744 09-07-2015, 08:34 PM
Last Post: cefiar
  Ugly desktop backgrounds made when bored hutty 11 17,201 10-27-2012, 02:39 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  eh well i am bored jacob 6 6,038 11-11-2010, 08:09 AM
Last Post: kuniu the frogg