Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SUGGESTION] merging with other gpl fps game making teams?

I think you could find other sci-fi or fps game making teams if its still just a hobby, and merge, and make a sci-fi realistic (hard-sci-fi) tactical fps for close quarters and open environment as well.

If many people is put on this one project, then only a small time is needed by most, if people make separate projects, those projects have features wich are very similar, and those features would be implemented multiple times, so overall its wastefull.

Thanks again for your visionary input but why are you suggesting this? Are you seriously suggesting completely changing the concept of the game?
I'm at least a reasonably tolerable person to be around - Narcopic

There are subtle differences between all those games. I really don't see different communities agreeing to a merge because of that.

Quote:sci-fi realistic (hard-sci-fi) tactical fps for close quarters and open environment

Tell me, have you played Xonotic at all? Have you at least took some time to familiarize yourself with the views of this community? If you did you'd know that Xonotic aims to be exactly the opposite of what you are suggesting.

This is a pretty good game, fitting into your suggestion, maybe try to play it instead? http://store.steampowered.com/app/209870/
My contributions to Xonotic: talking in the forum, talking some more, talking a bit in the irc, talking in the forum again, XSkie

WW anyone?

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like hard-sci-fi?
"Yes, there was a spambot some time ago on these forums." - aa

We could do soft-sci-fi?

Categorisers gonna categorise.

IMHO there isn't enough background story in Xonotic to tell if the setting is hard or soft sci-fi.
My contributions to Xonotic: talking in the forum, talking some more, talking a bit in the irc, talking in the forum again, XSkie

xonotic is defiantly not hard scifi ... because it breaks a few pretty much all of the laws of physics ...

(08-30-2012, 04:11 PM)hutty Wrote: xonotic is defiantly not hard scifi ... because it breaks a few pretty much all of the laws of physics ...

+1

Anyone read Dragon's Egg? That's hard sci-fi (or at least one example of it)! =)
[Image: 9216.png] Web: YouTubeSoundCloudFlickrzykure.de[unconnected]
IRC: #uc.xonotic #xonotic #xonotic.de #xonotic.pickup

Hard sci-fi makes it sound like there should be a character with a moustache who's come to fix the plumbing for a bored housewife and mysteriously needs to take his boiler suit off because it's too hot...

The advertising for a hard sci-fi film might have something like this:
- Young's slits penetrated
- Double slits explored
- Non-stop coupled oscillator action
- 10 Tesla magnets going in solenoids deep
- High voltage probes short-circuiting shunts
- hard Neutron fluxing action!

Hahaha nice one edh! Big Grin
[Image: 9216.png] Web: YouTubeSoundCloudFlickrzykure.de[unconnected]
IRC: #uc.xonotic #xonotic #xonotic.de #xonotic.pickup

Quote: hard Neutron fluxing action!

This thread needs to be moved to WW asap! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SUGGESTION] x Frags Left should come before other announcements gd 0 1,391 06-21-2023, 11:27 AM
Last Post: gd
  [SUGGESTION] Teams should start with the same total health in ca gd 2 2,953 04-15-2022, 03:23 PM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  [SUGGESTION] Making Vanilla more enjoyable for Newbies Halogene 66 36,587 01-11-2018, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Smilecythe
  [SUGGESTION] Match making/game schduler end user 6 5,554 07-05-2016, 09:56 AM
Last Post: end user
  [SUGGESTION] Forced teams Ajax_47 1 2,424 06-03-2016, 11:06 AM
Last Post: It'sMe
  [SUGGESTION] A way to speak with other players ? Fyley 3 4,674 11-25-2015, 06:38 PM
Last Post: Ch4mp
  [SUGGESTION] Add "FPS" to .desktop Launcher electricprism 1 2,689 05-22-2015, 01:33 AM
Last Post: machine!
  [SUGGESTION] Tuba in maps other than Xoylent GrEnAdE 6 6,747 07-29-2014, 05:22 PM
  [SUGGESTION] Some ideas from my FPS experience simbian 6 7,533 02-11-2014, 03:50 AM
Last Post: thimo
  [SUGGESTION] Making some setting not changeable ie port/max players end user 6 8,570 10-04-2013, 04:37 PM