Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forum update discussion (Was: Forum down time April 6th)

(07-05-2012, 02:50 AM)C.Brutail Wrote: Honestly, I didn't expect this. Well done! Big Grin
Of course it was not a joke. Could you please remake the icons using the sources?
http://akion.planetnexuiz.de/xonotic/for...s/sources/

Aw man, providing the sources that late, that's so mean Tongue

hm, gimp, didn't expect this. I just photoshopped the icons and copied stars and stuff.
Right now, I'm not sure what do you mean, remake icons with sources? XCF contains all that but in layers, otherwise it looks 100% same as gifs, am I supposed to make a new XCF file from the stuf I photoshopped?

Also there is a lot of aliasing with gifs, png would look smooth but it would be larger.(1,3 kB - 1,97 kB)

Uh, aliasing with gif? The only difference in terms of quality is that gif uses paletted colors, but otherwise there are no compression artifacts whatsoever.

well, I see them
both pics exported from xcf:

Attached Files
.png   quality.png (Size: 6.96 KB / Downloads: 283)

Those are thumbnails generated by your file explorer. Can you upload the actual files for a fair comparison?
EDIT: Nevermind, I see your point. I guess indexing is at fault. Antialiasing requires a rather large color palette compared to the original full-sized logo. Sorry about the confusion.

yep, so should I use png's or keep gifs? and what am i supposed to do again? I'm little bit confused now, doesnt matter.

The main reason why the new post icon(and other derived ones) does not work as intended is because it is partially transparent so its brightness depends on its background, and so it looks similar to old icon on the forums, but if you add white background it looks bleached.

I think you have to use gif, original theme uses them too (so replacing an icon doesn't mean anybody needs to touch any code).
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

ok, and you still didn't explain why I should recreate icons using the sources because as I said those gifs look the same as xcf exports, so should I change the xcf layers to make them look like that photoshopped icons I uploaded earlier?

I provided you the sources because that has all the layers you need to do all the combinations (there are tons of them).
I also thought using the sources might be "cleaner" for you.
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

ok, one more thing, does this forum actually use new post locked icons? are they necessary?

OK, packed everything here, with modified xcf file and exported gifs with (maybe) properly named files.

Attached Files
.zip   frost icons.zip (Size: 44.52 KB / Downloads: 0)

Yes, some threads are locked and therefore use the locked icon. Or did you mean something else?

I meant locked threads with new posts, because xcf file contains that, nevermind I dumped everything to that zip.

Yes, it's used. Mods can post in locked threads, or equivalently there can be unread posts in a locked thread if users posted before the thread was locked but after you saw the topic for the last time.

Yo, pages like this take a long time to load (causing temporary freezing) even when the x is pressed to stop the page from loading...

Is there anything that can be done to stop pages with tons of videos on them from causing so much lag?

Yeah, we could have some javascript thingy that loads the frame on-click.

I'm not sure it can be done soon, so use noscript or flashblock if it's really heavy for you. It's good practice anyway to have such a plugin to disable auto-loading.

Cool. Thanks for the add-on suggestions.

Heh, I don't know about you, but Youtube's iframe embeds now show me a thumbnail instead of directly loading a flash object. That's fun.

EDIT: And now it's gone. I guess the YouTube devs are in the process of deploying the feature?

all the forum tag buttons just put
Quote:[undefined=undefined][/undefined]

Wink 
In fact, the whole editor is broken for me. Dropdowns are not selectable, markup buttons don't work, etc.

The Firefox javascript console gives me the error: "TypeError: tag is undefined"

I know that there are some custom MyBB Code plugins are being used. Could someone (MrBougo?) disable those temporarily and see if the error is still there? I can't imagine something like this would break on its own when all the files are there and hosted locally.

And are there people who can still use the editor?
"Yes, there was a spambot some time ago on these forums." - aa

We'll just need to update the backend, turns out it's a known bug. I'll PM Antibody.

FYI guys I'm working on the upgrade. I'm aiming to apply it tonight. More updates on this later.
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

(01-07-2013, 09:02 AM)PinkRobot Wrote: ... And are there people who can still use the editor?

Nope - It.s not working for me too ...

All code have to insert "handish" here ... Tongue

GreetZ Su

(01-09-2013, 08:34 AM)Antibody Wrote: FYI guys I'm working on the upgrade. I'm aiming to apply it tonight. More updates on this later.

Cheers antibody, good luck and have fun I suppose Big Grin
"Yes, there was a spambot some time ago on these forums." - aa

Okay, the forum has been upgraded. Cheers!
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

ty antibody

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Star Forum Upgrades -z- 79 74,819 02-03-2018, 05:29 PM
Last Post: -z-
Exclamation [SOLVED] Development Tracker Down Antibody 7 9,797 01-20-2013, 06:33 AM
Last Post: PinkRobot
  Your Weekly Facebook Page Update CuBe0wL 1 5,731 09-12-2012, 10:04 AM
Last Post: zykure
  Forum downtime today Mr. Bougo 9 10,744 04-13-2012, 12:30 PM
Last Post: rocknroll237
Information New restrictions upon forum signatures Samual 21 22,578 10-26-2011, 02:59 PM
Last Post: Samual
  Automatic Update Script for Autobuilds Released Antibody 1 10,334 06-05-2011, 08:52 AM
Last Post: unfa
  First development update - There's a lot to mention FruitieX 18 25,755 08-04-2010, 09:33 AM
Last Post: chooksta