Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What's new in XonStat

(02-03-2013, 08:53 AM)-maniac|Su- Wrote: Are the server/player stats also written when only one player plays alone on server ?

No, you need two players at least. (I remember Antibody said that on IRC sometime.)
[Image: 9216.png] Web: YouTubeSoundCloudFlickrzykure.de[unconnected]
IRC: #uc.xonotic #xonotic #xonotic.de #xonotic.pickup

(02-03-2013, 10:40 AM)zykure Wrote: No, you need two players at least. (I remember Antibody said that on IRC sometime.)

but on XDF server it not make any sense ....

GreetZ Su

(02-02-2013, 03:48 PM)Antibody Wrote: [Image: KL6qE3W.png]

- A ranking system (not Elo-based)

I hope everyone enjoys this. Race on!

Basing stats on elo ranking system is way much more safer and also overall better than basing it on a normal "point system".
A elo-based ranking system is requiring and making people to focus on each map more precisely, when in the other hand a normal "point system" would make people to spam maps and earn scores, especially the new ones. This a normal "point system" only rewards by activity, not by skill. Also a elo-based ranking system is good, if you wanna know how much you have improved for e.g. if you have beaten a better player.. I just want you to reconsider your decision.

About the deaths shown in each score, that should be removed from the statistics itself (as it is nice feature indeed) but its not a info you really need. Basic informations should be shown only in the stats in my opinion. Keep it as simple as it is possible: Scoreboard (each map), date, server stamp and player name, nothing else is really needed.

~Sincerely Hero

(02-03-2013, 11:09 AM)Hero Wrote: ...Basing stats on elo ranking system is way much more safer and also overall better than basing it on a normal "point system".
A elo-based ranking system is requiring and making people to focus on each map more precisely...

(01-18-2013, 08:20 AM)-maniac|Su- Wrote: ... something like best time set to 100 per map/per server - calculate a ratio per map - than add them per player for all servers and maps ?

What do you think about ???

GreetZ Su

Btw. - I even see another problem of acquire the stats data too ...

I noticed: On some maps that the player set into spec modus after run ... Tongue

But for player in spec modus the playerstats will be disregarded Sad
So maybe its possible to read the data of the file server.db.xdf for the statsserver?

GreetZ Su

Right now two players are required. I may change that in the future for CTS *only*. One thing to note is that div changed the server-side code such that data is sent for a person if they complete a lap. Even if they spectate (but remain on the server), you will see them show up. Players that have some activity but have not completed the map will also show up if they are present in the server. These players have '-' as their fastest lap in the scoreboard.

As for ranking, Elo works on a per-game basis, not a global one. If we were to use it, we'd have to figure out how to determine a "score" (perhaps <slowest player's time in s> - <your time in s>?) to use for calculations, and those calculations could only ever happen if >1 real player is on the server. This could ofc be configured such that single player games get recorded (to Su's point) but no Elo change happens.
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

thats sounds pretty good for me ... you so Cool

Thankies again

GreetZ Su

Finally, thanks for implementing this! Smile

XonStats at the moment down?

I.ve only got a:

Code:
500 - Internal Server Error

GreetZ Su

Edit. Fixed in the afternoon

Here are some new features I added in the last days Big Grin
  • Recent games filtered by gametype: You can now get a list of games for each of the available gametypes. Useful if you're interested in a particular gametype! It works on both the main "Games" page as well as on the "Games by Player" pages. For the latter case, only the gametypes in which a player has participated will be shown of course.
  • Player captimes: This will get you a list of the fastest flag captures a player has achieved, on each played map.

I also fixed smaller layout issues on some pages, e.g. the "ctf" tab on the "Player" pages will no longer make the page contents jump around, and long playernicks will now be cut off in the tables like "ranks" list on the main page.

Comig soon: Overall captimes will get you a list of the fastest captures from all players on each map, in case you want to compare your captimes with others.

Note: These changes are not running yet, but Antibody is about to activate them =)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(04-18-2013, 03:46 AM)Micha Wrote: Hi. I've been away fo a while because I didn't have a computer that could run Xonotic. Finally I'm back. I missed the Pussy Delight Minstagib matches. It would be nice if smeone could merge my new Xonstat with my the stats from my old installation.

New: http://stats.xonotic.org/player/26938
Old: http://stats.xonotic.org/player/2405

Thanks in advance! Smile

there's a dedicated thread for just that. Mind posting this there? Thank you :o)

@zykure: that's awesome! And I have another idea - would it be possible to implement a "maps" section that shows you the preview image contained in the bsp (if any) as well as the fastest 10 capping times ever reported by any server for this map? Similar to what we have for race maps (which is per server up to now). We could of course activate this then for race maps, too, and have a "global" top ten list. And while we're at it, we could go even further and set up global rankings for the fastest racers (cts and ctf separately)...

* Halogene 's phantasy goes berserk

Edit: oh.

(04-17-2013, 02:23 PM)zykure Wrote: Comig soon: Overall captimes will get you a list of the fastest captures from all players on each map, in case you want to compare your captimes with others.

<_<
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

Halogene: You covered a lot of ground in your last paragraph. I'll address them one by one:

1) We've discussed adding map images several times before. It boils down to obtaining the images and associating them with our map_ids/names. I have neither the time nor the motivation to do this, but I can support others if they want to start collecting stuff. The legality of the screenshots must also be considered.

2) I implemented the storage of the fastest caps already, and zykure developed a view to show them. I'll roll that out after I'm done testing some other, unrelated enhancements that were bundled. I'm aware of the disparity between full-weapon CTF times and minsta/hook/overkill CTF times. I haven't made up my mind on what to do about it, but I do know that I'm not keeping records for every config combination under the sun Big Grin.

3) I want to eventually support global CTS/Race times, but first the configurations must be standardized. Every CTS server wanting to submit race times for global rankings must be running the stock XDF ruleset. Right now the reporting of these types of games aren't handled properly in the server code, but from what Samual tells me it is not a difficult thing to fix. Of course, once that code change gets in the server admins still have to update their configs to conform.

Hope that helps.

Now featuring some links in the playerstats summary, to provide easier access to gametype-filtered lists: If you click on the number of played games, you will be directed to the "Recent Games" list of the selectedt gametype. Also, you can now click on the "Favorite Maps" to see details.

Furthermore, Antibody fixed a bug where the elo info in the last recent games at the bottom of the Player page was shown wrong (note that this did not affect the elo info at the Recent Games pages). In case you were wondering why your elo changed other than you expected when looking at that list, we can now explain that Wink

So for now, everything looks good. Next thing I hope to get integrated are teamscores for team-based games =)

XonStat now supports cake days! On the anniversary of your first recorded game you'll see a cake on your player page. Here's how it looks:

[Image: cake_day.png]

This was just a silly thing that I made because it made me happy. I hope you enjoy it!

How do you handle february 29? Tongue

(06-24-2013, 05:33 PM)Antibody Wrote: XonStat now supports cake days! On the anniversary of your first recorded game you'll see a cake on your player page. Here's how it looks:

[Image: cake_day.png]

This was just a silly thing that I made because it made me happy. I hope you enjoy it!

AWESOME! Looks really good, and I think a lot of players will love it :3

(06-25-2013, 12:34 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: How do you handle february 29? Tongue

Damn, couldn't you have mentioned that earlier? Tongue

But I was thinking, "about 1 year ago" looks kinda weird anyway if it was *exactly* one year ago. So, why not strip the "about" if it really is the anniversary day, but keep it to handle February 29th? So for those people, their cake would show on March 1st (if it's not a skipleap year) with the "about X year(s) ago" text. Any thoughts on that?

The cake is a lie ! :o

MrBougo: players who joined on 2/29 can fall under two scenarios depending on the current year:

1) If it is a leap year (and thus there is a 2/29 date), they will get the cake on 2/29.
2) If it is NOT a leap year (and thus will NOT have a 2/29 date), they will get their cake on 3/1.

The code for this is here: http://dev.xonotic.org/projects/xonstat/...il.py#L223

zykure, sure! I based the fuzzy date function's boundaries off of those in the jQuery timeago library (https://github.com/rmm5t/jquery-timeago/...timeago.js). You can add stuff in util.py to match specific times as you like.

(06-25-2013, 09:06 AM)Antibody Wrote: MrBougo: players who joined on 2/29 can fall under two scenarios depending on the current year:

1) If it is a leap year (and thus there is a 2/29 date), they will get the cake on 2/29.
2) If it is NOT a leap year (and thus will NOT have a 2/29 date), they will get their cake on 3/1.

The code for this is here: http://dev.xonotic.org/projects/xonstat/...il.py#L223

Ah, you thought about it already. Great job Big Grin

zykure and I have made a few modifications to the game info view. Here they are!

[Image: 20130724_xonstat_new_scoreboard.png]

Text summary:

- Team scores are now shown to the left of the scoreboard, when available. They have been collected for a while now.
- Ping is shown by default now. Previously it was accessed via the "show_latency" query param. It was also moved to the left of the nick to match its in-game position.
- The player's score is now yellow to better match the in-game scoreboard.

Enjoy!

Niiiice, teamscores are cool Big Grin
[Image: 12766.png]
Sucks at weapons

Oh great, teamscores!
Also, I really like the 'average ping' column Wink

I was wondering, are players that only play about 10 seconds in a match then leave OR stay to the end counted as participating in a match?

Surely that would be unfair if is the case, as the winning players would obviously have had a lot more time to get frags.

I checked the FAQ, but didn't find any info about it. I'd be interested to know exactly how a 'match' is counted as a 'match' when, say, there is no warm-up on a server, it's been going for a few minutes and people gradually start joining.

You only get into the stats if you joined the match until it reaches the "endmatch"-event, which is i.e. timelimit runs out, fraglimit reached, vcall endmatch, endmatch enforced.. etc.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  XonStat turns 1! Antibody 13 12,097 10-25-2012, 03:36 AM
Last Post: harry_ftw
  XonStat FAQ Antibody 2 4,766 04-20-2012, 10:30 PM
Last Post: Antibody