Create an account

Poll: What do you think?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I like it
80.77%
21 80.77%
I don't like it
7.69%
2 7.69%
No clue Tongue
11.54%
3 11.54%
Total 26 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[SUGGESTION] Awards/Achivements [Spoilers!]

Star 
Hi everyone Smile

I'am thinking of some system for awarding players.
There are awards given during the match (in-game) and those given after the match ends (after). Also there are awards given for all-time player's achievments - those would be tightly connected with the global stats tracking system.

This is just an idea if you think this might be fun - I will carry on thinking of more awards - and I'am counting on your invention too Smile
As you see I have lots of awards missing names, there is room for loads of crazy awards (those are cool!). This is my input - what do you think of it?

In-game awards:
Given during a match

2 frags with one shot - Double Frag
3 frags with one shot - Triple Frag
4 frags with one shot - Quad Frag
5 frags with one shot - Ya must be kiddin' man!

Killed and enemy and himself with the same shot - Lucky Strike
Killed an enemy with Nex or MinstaNex with velocity difference at least 1000 qu/s - Deer Hunter
Killed an enemy with Nex or MinstaNex from a great distance without using Zoom - Eagle Eye

3 frags in a row - Killer
5 frags in a row - Good Trade
10 frags in a row - Chainkiller
15 frags in a row - Terrorist
20 frags in a row - Death Dealer
30 frags in a row - Masskiller
40 frags in a row - Insane
50 frags in a row - Angel of Death!

3 hits with Nex or MinstaNex in a row - Surgeon Kid
5 hits with Nex or MinstaNex in a row - Little Surgeon
10 hits with Nex or MinstaNex in a row - Surgeon
15 hits with Nex or MinstaNex in a row - Angry Surgeon
20 hits with Nex or MinstaNex in a row - Mad Surgeon
30 hits with Nex or MinstaNex in a row - Lethal Surgeon
40 hits with Nex or MinstaNex in a row - Wicked Surgeon
50 hits with Nex or MinstaNex in a row - The Ultimate Surgeon!

After-awards:
Given when a match is over

Finished a match dying only once - Almost Immortal
Finished a match without dying - Immortal!
Finished a match without a single frag - Greenpeace Fighter
Finished a match without dying and without a single frag - Ghost
Finished a match with only one frag - One is Enough
Finished a match being the only one who fragged someone (no one else has fragged anybody) - One

Total 3 frags with Laser - Laser Kid
Total 5 frags with Laser - Little Laserator
Total 10 frags with laser - Laserator
Total 15 frags with laser - Angry Laserator
Total 20 frags with laser - Mad Laserator
Total 30 frags with laser - Lethal Laserator
Total 40 frags with laser - Wicked Laserator
Total 50 frags with laser - The Ultimate Laserator!

Total 3 headshots - Headshot Kid
Total 5 headshots - Little Head Hunter
Total 10 headshots - Head Hunter
Total 15 hadshots - Angry Head Hunter
Total 20 headshots - Mad Head Hunter
Total 30 Headshots - Lethal Head Hunter
Total 40 Headshots - Wicked Head Hunter
Total 50 Headshots - The Ultimate Head Hunter!

All-time awards:
Given in relation to player's all-time statistics

Spent 1 hour plaing - Just Trying
Spent 5 hours playing - Beginner
Spent 8 hours playing - Not So Fresh
Spent 1 day playing - One Day Later
Spent 5 days playing -
Spent a week playing -
Spent two weeks playing -
Spent three weeks playing -
Spent one month playing (31 days) - Someone Cure My Eyes
Spent 2 months playing (62 days) -
Spent 4 months playing (124 days) -
Spent 6 months playing (186 days) - Stainless Steel
Spent 1 year playing (365 days) - Old Fart!

Won 1 deathmatch - Taste Of Victory
Won 10 deathmatches - That Feeling
Won 20 deathmaches -
Won 50 deathmatches -
Won 100 deatchmaches -

Captured 1 flag - Taste of Blessing
Captured 10 flags -
Captured 20 flags -
Captured 30 flags -
Captured 50 flags -
Captured 100 flags -

Avarage ping in range 0 - 20 - Lightspeed
Avarage ping in range 21 - 50 - Eyeblink
Avarage ping in range 51 - 100 - Brain Latency
Avarage ping in range 101 - 200 - Drunk
Avarage ping in range 201 - 300 - Lagger
Avarage ping in range 301 - 500 - Hard Lagger
Avarage ping higher than 500 - Mad Lagger!

Note that all *highest* in a category awards are ended with a '!' mark - this is a rule!
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

I like the idea of simple, ingame 'awards', maybe even just funny ones like 'CAMPER', 'CAMPER LEVEL TWO', 'CAMPER LEVEL THREE', 'SPAMTASTIC', 'M-M-M-MONSTER KILLLL', etc, which would work the same as the current ones such as 'ARMAGEDDON!', but I'm against a call-of-duty style awards system where your awards are permanent and take prominence over your name. I don't own a copy of call of duty, but for the few minutes I played it, I became very annoyed with the gigantic messages popping up down the bottom of the screen where the image of their achievement was ten times bigger than their actual name.

I'm not entirely against it, but imho skill in Xonotic should be something gained through a solid playing effort to build up your reputation, rather than just one incredible quad frag (or a cheap hack, as in the case of ping and time related ones). This is when an awards system becomes contrived.
[Image: vN3NkMA]
(Idea stolen from Mr. Bougo. Hehehehe)

This could be cool. There could be an awards menu with the name of the award, an icon, a short description under it, and clicking/hovering will say when you got the award (date, time).

But please, realistic awards. 5 frags with one shot? Has anyone ever done this? 50 kill spree?

This is like an achievement system. This is already planned I think. I'm sure it was in the dev tracker somewhere.
Hey, want to learn to map? You might want to start here and here!

How about a plink sound (like a piece of metal getting hit) for rifle headshots? and maybe for standard hits just have the bullet impact (the sound made when a shot hits a surface) sound give off some bass? Also I like the idea of putting stuff like "Drunk" next to the pings.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

(05-14-2010, 06:08 PM)clanclanclan Wrote: I like the idea of simple, ingame 'awards', maybe even just funny ones like 'CAMPER', 'CAMPER LEVEL TWO', 'CAMPER LEVEL THREE', 'SPAMTASTIC', 'M-M-M-MONSTER KILLLL', etc, which would work the same as the current ones such as 'ARMAGEDDON!'
I love funny awards (or achivements) and the whole ide of game is having fun, so... Smile

(05-14-2010, 06:08 PM)clanclanclan Wrote: but I'm against a call-of-duty style awards system where your awards are permanent and take prominence over your name. I don't own a copy of call of duty, but for the few minutes I played it, I became very annoyed with the gigantic messages popping up down the bottom of the screen where the image of their achievement was ten times bigger than their actual name.
That's what I call an 'overdo'. As for permanent awards/achivements I think that makes player more... eh... willing to play and do different things beacuse they like to get awards for doing stuff Smile I do Wink And If they all disapear once the game is over - that would be sad. I'd like (as a player) to be able to check somewhere how many 'Awesomes' did I get, how many 'Headshots' did I make.
As for making those pop-up on the screen - showing them in certian places should be optional. Player should be ale tu configure if he wants his awards to be shown in-game as icons or just text or just voice, Does he want his awards to be shown after the match ends and how. That kinda stuff Smile

For sure there should be a window accesible in the 'Player' settings menu with all achivements done and undone, (how many times each and how long ago), also statictics for weapons. I was thinking of some more or less humorous way to describe player's aming skills:
Quote: 0-10% - Looser
11-20% - Unskilled
21-30% - Avarage
31-40% - Skilled
41-50% - Dexterous
51-60% - Expirienced
61-70% - Veteran
71-80% - Expert
81-90% - Inhuman
91-100% - Cyborg
I would suggest to use this for describing each weapon and avarage skill level Smile Would also be nice to be able to view all statistics in several modes:
Quote:All-time - takes into account all colected data about a player
Last month - takes into account only data from the last month
Last week - as above
Last day - as above

(05-14-2010, 06:08 PM)clanclanclan Wrote: I'm not entirely against it, but imho skill in Xonotic should be something gained through a solid playing effort to build up your reputation, rather than just one incredible quad frag (or a cheap hack, as in the case of ping and time related ones). This is when an awards system becomes contrived.
As anybody knows that quoad frag is rather random - this would not make people think you are a master just for that. This 'solid playing effort' would also be shown and described by number of weird achivements theplayer has done, time he spent playing and his aiming skills description. But knowing that someone made a Quad Frag is fun imho Smile

(05-14-2010, 06:21 PM)Roanoke Wrote: This could be cool. There could be an awards menu with the name of the award, an icon, a short description under it, and clicking/hovering will say when you got the award (date, time).
Exactly! For those In-game a nice announcer's voice would be fun also.
(05-14-2010, 06:21 PM)Roanoke Wrote: But please, realistic awards. 5 frags with one shot? Has anyone ever done this? 50 kill spree?
I know it is nearly impossible to do some of those, but: If someone finally gets his quad frag - the one in a lifetime - he would be pissed off if the game wouldn't notice it Tongue (personally I made only some Double Frags Tongue)

(05-14-2010, 06:53 PM)Sepelio Wrote: This is like an achievement system. This is already planned I think. I'm sure it was in the dev tracker somewhere.
If it is planned - would be good to see what is planned, who is planning and plan together Smile

(05-15-2010, 03:59 AM)Lee_Stricklin Wrote: How about a plink sound (like a piece of metal getting hit) for rifle headshots?
I like it Smile I think that more weapons should be capable of doing headshots. Laser for example. Electro... all the weapons that can be aimed precisely.
(05-15-2010, 03:59 AM)Lee_Stricklin Wrote: and maybe for standard hits just have the bullet impact (the sound made when a shot hits a surface) sound give off some bass?
"Give off some bass"? What do you mean?

(05-15-2010, 03:59 AM)Lee_Stricklin Wrote: Also I like the idea of putting stuff like "Drunk" next to the pings.
Those 'awards' with ping are just an idea... maybe not awards but way for the game to humorously describe some stuff. You connect to a server and the game says: "Today, you have ping like a Mad Lagger!" or something.
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

about quad frags...
Ronan's 4 in 1 quad frag : )

I agree with unfa, such rarities would be fun 2 be recorded: )

And also, frag sprees, 30 is high, but many ppl reached 40 , 50 ,60 (personally 68) or 111 etc... i would stop the awards at 100 with some tuba announcer : )

(05-14-2010, 06:21 PM)Roanoke Wrote: But please, realistic awards. 5 frags with one shot?

I feel 5 frags within a few seconds would be a better objective.

Roanoke Wrote: Has anyone ever done this? 50 kill spree?

Yes. Find an infinite jetpack, low gravity, all weapons, infinite ammo pub full of newbies, and you can too.
My will be done.

(05-15-2010, 07:56 PM)booo Wrote: about quad frags...
Ronan's 4 in 1 quad frag : )

I agree with unfa, such rarities would be fun 2 be recorded: )

And also, frag sprees, 30 is high, but many ppl reached 40 , 50 ,60 (personally 68) or 111 etc... i would stop the awards at 100 with some tuba announcer : )
I think that an overdo in this little place is a good thing Big Grin

(05-15-2010, 11:19 PM)AnArKiSt Wrote: I feel 5 frags within a few seconds would be a better objective.
That is what I would call a group of combos or somethn' - they are a bit like sprees with that difference that they expire in time Smile Good suggestion, thanks Smile

Maybe little "how many you can frag in x seconds"? With awards for this. 1 isn't any achivement here Tongue This could be connected with Strength pickup. Something like Kill Frenzy from GTA I... what do you think of that?

Please remember that these achievements are not to be taken seriously; a config file will likely store achievement status.

(05-15-2010, 07:51 AM)unfa Wrote:
(05-14-2010, 06:08 PM)clanclanclan Wrote: I like the idea of simple, ingame 'awards', maybe even just funny ones like 'CAMPER', 'CAMPER LEVEL TWO', 'CAMPER LEVEL THREE', 'SPAMTASTIC', 'M-M-M-MONSTER KILLLL', etc, which would work the same as the current ones such as 'ARMAGEDDON!'
I love funny awards (or achivements) and the whole ide of game is having fun, so... Smile

(05-14-2010, 06:08 PM)clanclanclan Wrote: but I'm against a call-of-duty style awards system where your awards are permanent and take prominence over your name. I don't own a copy of call of duty, but for the few minutes I played it, I became very annoyed with the gigantic messages popping up down the bottom of the screen where the image of their achievement was ten times bigger than their actual name.
That's what I call an 'overdo'. As for permanent awards/achivements I think that makes player more... eh... willing to play and do different things beacuse they like to get awards for doing stuff Smile I do Wink And If they all disapear once the game is over - that would be sad. I'd like (as a player) to be able to check somewhere how many 'Awesomes' did I get, how many 'Headshots' did I make.
As for making those pop-up on the screen - showing them in certian places should be optional. Player should be ale tu configure if he wants his awards to be shown in-game as icons or just text or just voice, Does he want his awards to be shown after the match ends and how. That kinda stuff Smile

For sure there should be a window accesible in the 'Player' settings menu with all achivements done and undone, (how many times each and how long ago), also statictics for weapons. I was thinking of some more or less humorous way to describe player's aming skills:
Quote: 0-10% - Looser
11-20% - Unskilled
21-30% - Avarage
31-40% - Skilled
41-50% - Dexterous
51-60% - Expirienced
61-70% - Veteran
71-80% - Expert
81-90% - Inhuman
91-100% - Cyborg
I would suggest to use this for describing each weapon and avarage skill level Smile Would also be nice to be able to view all statistics in several modes:
Quote:All-time - takes into account all colected data about a player
Last month - takes into account only data from the last month
Last week - as above
Last day - as above

(05-14-2010, 06:08 PM)clanclanclan Wrote: I'm not entirely against it, but imho skill in Xonotic should be something gained through a solid playing effort to build up your reputation, rather than just one incredible quad frag (or a cheap hack, as in the case of ping and time related ones). This is when an awards system becomes contrived.
As anybody knows that quoad frag is rather random - this would not make people think you are a master just for that. This 'solid playing effort' would also be shown and described by number of weird achivements theplayer has done, time he spent playing and his aiming skills description. But knowing that someone made a Quad Frag is fun imho Smile

(05-14-2010, 06:21 PM)Roanoke Wrote: This could be cool. There could be an awards menu with the name of the award, an icon, a short description under it, and clicking/hovering will say when you got the award (date, time).
Exactly! For those In-game a nice announcer's voice would be fun also.
(05-14-2010, 06:21 PM)Roanoke Wrote: But please, realistic awards. 5 frags with one shot? Has anyone ever done this? 50 kill spree?
I know it is nearly impossible to do some of those, but: If someone finally gets his quad frag - the one in a lifetime - he would be pissed off if the game wouldn't notice it Tongue (personally I made only some Double Frags Tongue)

(05-14-2010, 06:53 PM)Sepelio Wrote: This is like an achievement system. This is already planned I think. I'm sure it was in the dev tracker somewhere.
If it is planned - would be good to see what is planned, who is planning and plan together Smile

(05-15-2010, 03:59 AM)Lee_Stricklin Wrote: How about a plink sound (like a piece of metal getting hit) for rifle headshots?
I like it Smile I think that more weapons should be capable of doing headshots. Laser for example. Electro... all the weapons that can be aimed precisely.
(05-15-2010, 03:59 AM)Lee_Stricklin Wrote: and maybe for standard hits just have the bullet impact (the sound made when a shot hits a surface) sound give off some bass?
"Give off some bass"? What do you mean?

(05-15-2010, 03:59 AM)Lee_Stricklin Wrote: Also I like the idea of putting stuff like "Drunk" next to the pings.
Those 'awards' with ping are just an idea... maybe not awards but way for the game to humorously describe some stuff. You connect to a server and the game says: "Today, you have ping like a Mad Lagger!" or something.

Basically make a hit sound that sounds similar to a shot hitting a surface, but give it some extra bass to indicate that you've hit somebody.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

I'm really attached to the plinking sound. I dunno if that should be replaced (if it ain't broke...)

I like the idea of a full achievement system; just this afternoon I was thinking of really stupid ideas for Xonotic achievements.

However, just storing the player's status in a .cfg file is too insecure; ppl will hack that immediately. However, I can't think of any better way to do it off the top of my head.
Humans... Dodgy

"There is no problem that cannot be solved by a judicious application of carnivorous dinosaurs." -JayIsGames.com

There already are statistics on some Ne*uiz servers. That could easily be filtered to create awards.
4m038105 - Be the change.

The problem is that this is only on some servers... we 'd like to make it work client-side as well so players are collecting achivements while playing on all public server that have official game balance, am I right?

This can only work server-side (otherwise it's useless), and not all people want to be tracked. In the menu you could set whether you want to enable the Awards System and your client would tell the server whether to track you or not.

If it's just your client collecting your stats, then it would be saved in the particular install only, on that computer/partition/OS.
No matter how you do it, you need a server to collect the data. Either each server has to take stats or one dedicated server where you/servers could upload your stats.
4m038105 - Be the change.

Achievements per server would be stupid. We can either use a central server (same as ident server) or we could just store them client side.
(07-18-2010, 10:59 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: How could anyone with ADHD tell its a high damage weapon if it wasn't a gigantic metal cock fucking the map whenever a player gets within 3 meters of a wall?

[Image: di-712770583645.png]

I think it would be very nice if the game says "Amazing" (same one that u get when u kill an invisible player) when u shoot someone in the air moving with a higher speed than a certain value.
also maybe "nice shot" when u shoot someone when both of u are flying in air (this happened many times in evilspace map)
of course I'm assuming minsta.

Archievments per sever would work for me (anyway you should be able to search them with the filter options. Or perhaps show on every server having archievments a small icon in the serverlist).

(05-23-2010, 10:14 AM)XV22 Wrote: also maybe "nice shot" when u shoot someone when both of u are flying in air (this happened many times in evilspace map)
This is already done, it's the "amazing" voice.
(07-18-2010, 10:59 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: How could anyone with ADHD tell its a high damage weapon if it wasn't a gigantic metal cock fucking the map whenever a player gets within 3 meters of a wall?

[Image: di-712770583645.png]

There could be a whole set of achivements for the minsta mode!!

Gonna think about it.

I'm all for achivements! ;-D
My contributions to Xonotic: talking in the forum, talking some more, talking a bit in the irc, talking in the forum again, XSkie

*bump* I'd really love to see achievements in xonotic Sad
MY NOOB STATS:
[Image: 788.png]

Me too, has anyone done anything regarding this feature?

(07-05-2011, 01:23 PM)rainerzufalldererste Wrote: *bump* I'd really love to see achievements in xonotic Sad

I dont know how to explain this without being too harsh.

Maybe like this -1 for being impatient.

I assume you also followed the screenshots of what you are doing thread and noticed the screenshots Antibody posted lately. He and [-z-] are working on a stats system.
This is basically the first step for achievements, if this is finished it might be combined with a achievement system.

and as always keep in mind, no one is working full time on xonotic so this is a lot work.
The XWIT for example was one step in this direction.
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Star [SUGGESTION] The Phoenix Easter Egg [ SPOILERS ] unfa 12 14,037 10-16-2010, 12:51 AM
Last Post: unfa