Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[CTF] Space Base [NEW UPDATE]

(06-02-2010, 01:10 AM)harry_ftw Wrote: You can also see in the screnshot above that the texture for the coloured stripe running along the wall seems to be missing.
You need to be using xonotic.

(06-02-2010, 01:10 AM)harry_ftw Wrote: The placement of health shards and ammo cells in the open areas seems to me a bit random. It might be worth rethinking this.
Agreed.

(06-02-2010, 03:09 AM)kay Wrote: I want that this map will be played by any skilltype, so I will make it something like this: ?
This looks great. However, make sure the corridors are not too cramped/hard to turn in.
(07-18-2010, 10:59 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: How could anyone with ADHD tell its a high damage weapon if it wasn't a gigantic metal cock fucking the map whenever a player gets within 3 meters of a wall?

[Image: di-712770583645.png]

(06-02-2010, 03:09 AM)kay Wrote: Thank you for the replies,

I want that this map will be played by any skilltype, so I will make it something like this: ?
[Image: concept.png]

Or does some of you have a better idea, tell me

right idea but you should probably angle the corners on the ... I'll just draw a picture:
[Image: qrvqd4i1ig4uac2w970j_thumb.png]

you might want to consider doing a more rounded behind the base area too

+1, all these changes would improve the map a lot.
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

(06-02-2010, 10:12 AM)Roanoke Wrote:
(06-02-2010, 01:10 AM)harry_ftw Wrote: You can also see in the screnshot above that the texture for the coloured stripe running along the wall seems to be missing.
You need to be using xonotic.
It is rather clear from the screenshot that I am, in fact, using Xonotic.

(06-02-2010, 04:22 PM)-z- Wrote: [Image: qrvqd4i1ig4uac2w970j_thumb.png]

you might want to consider doing a more rounded behind the base area too
This layout, and the idea of making the flag rooms more interesting than plain boxes, both appeal to me.

In the version of the map that is currently available, I like the way the ramps joining different rooms effectively limit the range of a nex shot, and stop players from being able to stand at one base and frag people across the map. I hope that this quality can be preserved in the new version of the map, since this, combined with the new twisty layout, would make it very difficult to camp on the map.

Also I noticed that a projectile explodes if it hits the skybox, which I don't think is meant to happen. Smile
[Image: 769.png]

this layout reminds me much of castles Sad

Because that's a classic layout. Nothing's wrong with that.
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

So classic of a layout, that I even used it in my first map!

Good work Kay. I look forward to playing this!
This is my laser, this is my gun,
This is for plinking, this is for FUN!

BrFJ: wtf with the jumpad
BrFJ: rofl
vael: oh, you'll wtf with the... a few more times don't worry

[Image: badge.png]

btw this IS my first CTF map.

Looks really good! especially like the destructed ground and also the nice skybox! o.O
MY NOOB STATS:
[Image: 788.png]

Grr Kay, you too, ask for git write permissions Wink
If you don't want to/don't have time to learn git, what's the status on your texturepack? I would like to commit this map and also Imogen to the git repo, but I will need the texturepack first! (or is the full thing included with the maps?)
Links to my: SoundCloud and bandcamp accounts

(07-24-2010, 06:02 PM)FruitieX Wrote: Grr Kay, you too, ask for git write permissions Wink
If you don't want to/don't have time to learn git, what's the status on your texturepack? I would like to commit this map and also Imogen to the git repo, but I will need the texturepack first! (or is the full thing included with the maps?)

Ok, I am putting all textures I made in one package, the eX_vol2 one.
Edit: all good one.

yes sure but how?
And I get stucked with the new layout, I just can't seem to get it properly.
Can someone help?, If not, I will leave it the way it was

(07-25-2010, 03:52 AM)kay Wrote:
(07-24-2010, 06:02 PM)FruitieX Wrote: Grr Kay, you too, ask for git write permissions Wink

yes sure but how?

Yes, I will happily help. Again it would be easiest to do that if the map was in git Wink
http://dev.xonotic.org/projects/xonotic/...ory_Access
Links to my: SoundCloud and bandcamp accounts

(07-25-2010, 05:08 AM)FruitieX Wrote:
(07-25-2010, 03:52 AM)kay Wrote:

yes sure but how?

Yes, I will happily help. Again it would be easiest to do that if the map was in git Wink
http://dev.xonotic.org/projects/xonotic/...ory_Access

(quote quote quote quote quote quote quote) Tongue

BTW, the texture package is available, check the development section.

I have Xonotic git installed, but how to get excess to write things etc,

And I have to retexture this map too, because I put all of these textures in one package, I have done Imogen allready, now Spacebase, then we can look for the new layout.

Nice work.

Congrats on making your first CTF.

Comments: Could you make the windows (on the bunkers) small enough to crawl through while crouching? Another feature (that I like, but some might not) is how fast you can clear the enemy base with electro/crylink.

Again, very cool. Smile

Kay, can you remove the wall right in front of the flag? It being there makes the flag really easy to defend - defenders can put their backs against the front wall and nail anyone coming in and struggling to get out of that enclosure. I think if the wall were to be removed and the flag moved to the center of the little building it would make things a bit more balanced between offense and defense.
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

No, not really. I made that wall there because it is really easy to get speed on the map because it's shape. The attacker could with capture the flag in no time. The wall slows that down.

The map is already tested and it just needs to be in there

(08-30-2010, 04:20 PM)kay Wrote: No, not really. I made that wall there because it is really easy to get speed on the map because it's shape. The attacker could with capture the flag in no time. The wall slows that down.

The map is already tested and it just needs to be in there

But aren't you altering the shape of the map?

Even in its rectangular form, while it was easy to get speed up, going for the flag with that wall up was useless. The map was played on HOCTF and camping in that flag room was horrid since it was so easy to stop anyone making a run for the flag.

hmm ok, but I need to get net radiant working again.

Here's a version with fixed sky, smaller package size and better vis culling, used on the Montreal minstagib server:

http://dl.xonotic.co/spacebase_minsta.pk3
[Image: 230.png]

Thumbs Up 
(06-07-2014, 06:49 PM)Mario Wrote: Here's a version with fixed sky, smaller package size and better vis culling, used on the Montreal minstagib server:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1899...minsta.pk3

Thank you very much, I was trying to download it Smile
XMPP Conferences
xonotic@conference.jabber.org → General discussion
xonotic@conf.jabberes.org → Spanish-speakers
I pronounce it Shonotic.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Major Opium update SpiKe 1 329 12-29-2023, 08:38 PM
Last Post: anoob
  [DUEL] Mid space 'em Kotangens 0 404 08-22-2023, 01:47 PM
Last Post: Kotangens
  Mapping assets: 30 space skyboxes Ingar 13 21,779 03-16-2023, 03:04 PM
Last Post: Ingar
  Evilspace 2 [UPDATE] Cortez666 30 31,624 02-11-2023, 08:26 PM
Last Post: cushinga
  [DM/CTF] Sirlent (Soylent remake) (added CTF version) _para 7 1,657 01-01-2023, 01:03 PM
Last Post: _para
  [MAP] Space Garbage drummyfish 6 3,542 07-16-2020, 04:50 PM
Last Post: LegendGuard
  [Vanilla, XPM CTF] antares-ctf1_b2 (Silica CTF) Antares* 0 2,149 11-30-2017, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Antares*
  [TDM] Space Men! Mario 3 3,841 10-29-2016, 05:30 AM
Last Post: thearcoN
  [CTF/TDM] New map ruinctf (insta/vanilla) kwakkiezalf 2 3,144 07-17-2016, 02:31 PM
Last Post: kwakkiezalf
  Imogen BETA3 UPDATE! kay 43 38,419 05-10-2015, 02:33 AM
Last Post: fabzor3