Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SUGGESTION] Forum suggestion: View Unread Posts

I think the title says it all. We need a button to list only the unread posts when you are logged in. The Nexuiz forum has this option, and I used it very frequently. Maybe there is there same functionality for this forum, but just not activated.

So please, create/activate this feature. It's a real time saver.

Ehm, I always use these:
View New Posts | View Today's Posts - Aren't these please your requirement? Or do you refer to a button, which tends to be used on showing you the latest posts since your last login?
Üdvözlettel / Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards:
Norbert

[Image: 34581.png]
[Image: 14909.jpg]

Nope.
View new posts - the posts that have appeared sine last time I logged in
View today's posts - the posts that have appeared today

These leave out the posts from yesterday, that I didn't see. So the link should display all the threads that contain posts that I didn't read.

Hmm, I always thought "view new posts" were the posts since last time I visited the forum.

Anyway, If that isn't the case, we're not gonna reprogram the forum to add that feature. It's just not high priority. You'll have to use just "View new posts" until MyBB comes out with more features.

You could submit the suggestion to the MyBB people though. Or maybe there is a plugin available. We haven't really looked through all of the MyBB plugin options yet.

Doku: The problem is that "new posts" ONLY show the new posts since last login but one does not always look at all those posts right then. And when you login again (esp evil with the "keep logged in" feature as viewing something, after the default timeout, on the forum counts as login") you do not get those "unread posts" from the last login. In fact i miss the "my unread posts" from a lot of forums..
But yeah there are more pressing things for now.
Real signature is still in production!

I understand, and you are right. I thought you can just activate that option. I think it's better if you close this thread.

Thanks for the reply.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Lightbulb [SUGGESTION] Difficulty met during Translation work, and suggestion NaitLee 3 1,396 08-08-2022, 08:03 AM
Last Post: NaitLee
  [BUG] Forum software swallows newlines ballerburg9005 3 1,826 11-01-2021, 08:51 AM
Last Post: ballerburg9005
  [SUGGESTION] New Forum Section: Servers Antares* 1 1,788 02-08-2021, 02:27 PM
Last Post: LegendGuard
  [SUGGESTION] View MOTD without connecting falco 5 4,541 11-03-2020, 09:06 PM
Last Post: Mario
  [BUG] No proper Unicode handling in forum Lyberta 1 2,250 08-13-2019, 03:10 PM
Last Post: hotdog
  [SUGGESTION] Suggestion for empty servers fool 4 5,033 06-18-2017, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Smilecythe
  [SUGGESTION] Discourse Forum PetaByteBoy 9 8,243 03-08-2016, 01:46 PM
Last Post: Beagle
  [SUGGESTION] a sub-forum for user and game server admin communication BuddyFriendGuy 6 5,408 09-04-2015, 02:12 AM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  [SUGGESTION] Forum password reset security MrDetonia 1 3,075 03-28-2015, 07:51 AM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  [SUGGESTION] Vehicle dynamics suggestion-damping factor zwz 6 7,620 07-10-2014, 05:10 AM
Last Post: end user