Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 17 Vote(s) - 2.82 Average
Ask your questions about Xonotic here

The code is there, you need to edit the makefile to compile code support for it, and exec a special config too. tZork said it works very well, but there are still some problems in moving on odd surfaces, that's why it's not enabled by default.
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

Can someone give me step by step instructions on how to enable them and et cetera?
Proverbs 25:8 Go not forth hastily to strive, lest thou know not what to do in the end thereof, when thy neighbour hath put thee to shame.

* FruitieX summons tZork
Links to my: SoundCloud and bandcamp accounts

* Halogene appears looking around dizzily

Uhm what am I doing in this thread? I was in a totally different thread just a second ago.

... seems you need some more practice with that summoning. Ahaahaaaa)))

erm, well. Since I am now on this thread I might as well say something useful. How about IF there's going to be a step by step guide - then put it into the wiki?
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

no guide atm. the goal is to make it just work. until then its officially unsupported, winch means i may or may not help you to get it to work, if you ask me nicely Wink

* Ragnaros apears out of nowhere

WHO DARES TO SUMMON THE FIRE LORD?! INSECTS!!!

* CuBe0wL steps out from a portal, and bitchslaps Ragnaros

GTFO n00b! Wrong forum!

* Ragnaros mumbles and goes away...

So, anyway, here's how ya do it, right from tZe Man:

Code:
<tZork> [10:12:09-15:17] <@tZork> is fteqcc in your path?
<tZork> [10:12:09-15:17] <siremeth> yes
<tZork> [10:12:09-15:17] <@tZork> then cd to xonotic/data/xonotic-data.pk3dir/qcsrc/server
<tZork> [10:12:09-15:18] <@tZork> and do a fteqcc -DVEHILES_ENABLED
<tZork> [10:12:09-15:18] <@tZork> should be nuff iirc
<tZork> [10:12:09-15:15] <@tZork> siremeth: compile with server QC with -DVEHICLES_ENABLED, exec each vehicle_*.cfg in the console, load a map with vehicles on
<tZork> [10:12:09-15:26] <@tZork> sv_saveentfile or sth like that
<tZork> [10:12:09-15:26] <@tZork> with a map loaded
<tZork> [10:12:09-15:26] <@tZork> outputs ~./xonotic/data/maps/mapname.ent
<tZork> [10:12:09-15:27] <@tZork> wich is a "list" of all map enteties
<tZork> [10:12:09-15:27] * vede (~joshua@wsip-174-79-148-173.tu.ok.cox.net) has joined #xonotic
<tZork> [10:12:09-15:27] <@tZork> find soemthing you know here it is, change its "classnam" key to vehicle_spiderbot, vehicle_racer or vehile_raptor
<tZork> [10:12:09-15:27] <@tZork> save that file, reload teh map
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

or that Wink

note that your preddy much on your own with this at the moment, if you use it and have fun - great. but as i said above its not yet supported (and definitely dont bug the other devs if this blows up! if you have to poke someone is shall be me)

http://ompldr.org/vNmM4Yw/07-07-09_1645.rar , someone make my car plz thx.
ill need to drift still , ty

lol , d1 drift xonotic mod!

(google d1 drifting if ya dont know what im on about)

:^

Lol. Cars in Xonotic. Pimp my Xon!

I mean: one team is racing on the track, the other two teams are having TDM fight on the road also trying to blow up cars passing by, and the cars are trying to smash those fighters... massive fun.
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

if someone manages to make it run, it would be so kind to make available a lil vid of it Smile
Fat.bot.Slim

sooner or later it will happen, but now the focus is on other things
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

Did Mortar's projectile arc got changed in Xonotic?

Yes it did and welcome here! Wink

To find out more about the default balance check this topic: http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=725
Probably better to read only the last pages to find out the latest changes. Feel free to post you feedback there!

Question 
I recently hosted my first LAN server (meaning with other people). Problem is, we want to be on the same team (playing TDM), and when I add bots, our team gets the advantage. How do I force the bots to move around? From console?
Say for example we want to play 4v4 and there's three of us that want to be on the same team. That would be 5 bots, but when I add them they distribute "evenly" and then when us humans join one team, our side has more players.

One other thing, I'm running from from 0.1 preview, and if I use any maps that aren't included by default, it appears black on the other computers. Do I have to install that specific map on all the computers, or is there a way to get it to download from mine (the host)?

Thx for any help Smile

1. Look at the bot_vs_human cvar. It makes a human team and a bot team with the specified ration of bots:humans. If you want 1 bot for every human, do:
Code:
bot_vs_human 1

2. As you're running a LAN, it'll probably be way easier to get a flash drive and copy the maps to all the computers than to set up a server to download the maps from. If you don't have the ingame download setup, you need to install the maps on all the computers.
(01-05-2011, 07:17 PM)naryl Wrote: > Ubuntu is an ancient African word that means "cant configure debian"

Actually it's for "I can't install Gentoo".

Thanks BurningPi, that's just what I needed!
ty! Smile

I started an XPM CTS server in Amazon EC2. However I can't get it right. I have two problems:
1. I can't get everyone invincible to weapons.
2. The player can't pass the start line in many maps. It seems like there is an invisible wall at the start line.

Anyone can help me with server configuration. Thank you very much!
Here is my server.cfg config:
Code:
// A setting needs to be surrounded with " if it contains special
// characters like space, semicolon (seperates commands) or starts
// with // (begins a comment for the rest of the line or next
// semicolon).  While just "" means 'no/empty setting'.

exec defaultXPM.cfg
exec physicsXPM.cfg
g_spawnpoints_auto_move_out_of_solid 1 // some defrag maps need this
g_start_delay 0 // no round start delay

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// Everything has some sensible defaults so you do NOT really need to
// change anything.  But here are some settings you SHOULD change to
// make it 'YOUR' server.  IF so remove the // from the line start and
// change them to your liking.

sv_public 1    // 0 if the server should not be on the public servers list
//sv_status_privacy 1    // 1 hides IP addresses from "status" replies shown to clients, 0 shows them. Enables players to identify wellknown punks on your server OR is a thread to anonymity.. depending on your point of view :)
hostname "Amazon EC2 $g_xonoticversion CTS Server"    // this name will appear on the server list (the $g_xonoticversion gets replaced with the current version)
//sv_motd ""    // this message (unless "") is displayed to players on connect
maxplayers 5    // number of players allowed on the server
port 26000    // the port used by the server
log_file "server.log"    // server console output will also be copied to this file. This: "${serverconfig}.log" uses variable substitution to make the logfile have the same name as your config file with .log appended which is useful if you run several servers
//g_start_delay 15    // delay before the game starts to let players join the server first

// List of maps to play on the server.  Set to "" to autodetect (which would enumerate ALL maps.  Maps that don't support the current game mode will be skipped, so you don't need to remove them here.
#g_maplist "afterslime dance g-23 glowplant leave_em_behind newtonian-nightmare nexballarena red-planet runningman space-elevator stormkeep techassault xoylent"
#g_maplist ""
g_maplist_shuffle 1    // 0 always selects the next map out of g_maplist (but then better set g_maplist_votable 0 below to prevent repetitive votes), 1 will select random maps each time
//g_maplist_mostrecent_count 3    // number of maps that have to be played before a map can be repeated

// LIMITS: how long a match will last before the next map starts (-1 means use the map default, 0 = unlimited, please note that the variables fraglimit/timelimit can NOT be globally used for this but only DURING a match is being played)
//timelimit_override -1    // global timelimit for all maps and gametypes
//fraglimit_override -1    // global frag/point limit for all maps and gametypes
//g_ctf_capture_limit -1    // frag/capture limit for CTF
//capturelimit_override -1    // capture limit for CTF
//g_domination_point_limit -1    // frag/point limit for DOM
//g_runematch_point_limit -1    // frag/point limit for RUNE
//g_keyhunt_point_limit -1    // frag/point limit for KH
//g_lms_lives_override -1    // lives for LMS
//g_nexball_goallimit -1    // goals for NEXBALL

//g_ctf_win_mode 0    // CTF win mode: 0 = caps only, 1 = caps + points as tie breaker, 2 = points only
//g_ctf_ignore_frags 1    // set to 1 to ignore kills except for FC kills

// TEAMS for key hunt (change this to 2, 3, 4 to set a fixed keyhunt style)
//g_keyhunt_teams_override -1    // teams for KH

// GAME MODE: what type of server do you want to host?
// possible values: dm (deathmatch), tdm (team deathmatch), dom (domination), ctf (ctf), rune (runematch), lms (last man standing), arena (arena), kh (keyhunt), as (assault), ons (onslaught), race (race), nexball (nexball)
gametype cts

// Some settings you MIGHT want to change.  Again IF so remove the //
// from the line start and change them to your liking.

//net_address 0.0.0.0    // ONLY change this if you have problems with your server. Specifies the network interface used by the engine.  Set it you one of you internal IPs

//rcon_password ""    // you can use rcon if this password is set.  you need to set the same password in your client if you want to issue rcon commands
//rcon_restricted_password ""    // put here the password for a "restricted" rcon user (see below)

//bot_number 0    // number of bots to add
//skill 4    // the bots skill level
//minplayers 0    // add bots if less then that number of players playing. MAKE SURE ITS LESS THEN maxplayers or people will get blocked by bots!
//g_maxplayers 0 // above this player count, only allow spectators
//bot_prefix [BOT]    // prepend this to all botnames
//bot_suffix ""    // append this to all botnames
//g_maplist_check_waypoints 0    // set this to 1 to skip maps without waypoints if there aren't enough players to play without bots

//g_maplist_votable 6    // number of maps to vote between.  set to 0 to disable the map voting screen (please enable g_maplist_shuffle above when this is enabled, or votes will be repetitive)
//g_maplist_votable_suggestions 2    // number of suggestions to accept using the suggestmap command
//g_maplist_votable_abstain 0    // when 1, people get a "don't care" selection in the vote screen
//g_maplist_votable_nodetail 1    // when 1, people can't see how many voted for what (to thwart abusive "influential" first votes)

//sv_vote_commands "restart fraglimit chmap gotomap nextmap endmatch reducematchtime extendmatchtime allready kick cointoss movetoteam_auto"    // players can vote for those commands or use them if they are masters. You canm also add 'g_grappling_hook' for hook voting, and 'sv_fbskin_green sv_fbskin_red sv_fbskin_orange sv_fbskin_off' for fbskin voting.
//sv_vote_master_commands "movetoteam_red movetoteam_blue movetoteam_yellow movetoteam_pink"    // add commands masters can use if logged in or elected. You may want to put 'kickban' here, so masters can keep out punks. It may be good to also put "sv_status_privacy 0" then...
//rcon_restricted_commands "restart fraglimit chmap gotomap endmatch reducematchtime extendmatchtime allready kick kickban \"sv_cmd bans\" \"sv_cmd unban\" status \"sv_cmd teamstatus\" movetoteam_auto movetoteam_red movetoteam_blue movetoteam_yellow movetoteam_pink"    // commands for the (stronger) rcon restricted

//sv_vote_call 1    // 0 will disable the normal voting
//sv_vote_master 1    // 0 will disable voting to become master, good if you prefer to use the master password instead
sv_vote_master_password "Ill1hllmpg2bstPipe"    // when set, vlogin PWD will allow people to become master to run master commands directly using vdo
//sv_vote_majority_factor 0.5    // 0.666 will require a 2/3 majority instead of a regular 1/2 one
//sv_vote_simple_majority_factor 0    // 0.666 will win votes by a 2/3 majority of the VOTERS (not the players!)
// note: to JUST support simple majorities, set these two factors equal

//sv_maxidle 0    // idle time in seconds after which players will get kicked

// Settings you MIGHT want to change for PRIVACY reasons.
//
// The settings here may impact your or your players' privacy and serve to
// optimize the game for further releases.
//
// Change them, or comment them out to turn them off.

// This line sends the following data to our servers:
// - Date and time
// - Your server IP address
// - Your server ID hash, which is a fingerprint of the public key of your
//   server and does not impact security of your private key (use "crypto_keys"
//   on the console to show it)
// - Your server name ("hostname")
// - Current game type
// - Current map
// - Balance settings you have modified from defaults (only those that make
//   your server "impure")
// - For each weapon pairing (A, B), separately for player-player, player-bot,
//   bot-player, bot-bot pairings:
//   - Number of hits of players/bots holding A against players/bots holding B
//   - Number of frags of players/bots holding A against players/bots holding B
//   - Total damage of players/bots holding A against players/bots holding B
//
// We use this data to:
// - Optimize the game balance for future releases
// - Identify problems in the bot AI and improving it
// - Find settings that make servers "impure" that should not, so we can
//   whitelist them in future releases
//
// We will or might publish:
// - Global weapon pairing statistics for players vs players, or bots vs bots,
//   or any vs any, on a selection of servers
// - Per-gametype and per-map weapon pairing statistics players vs players, or
//   bots vs bots, or any vs any, on a selection of servers
// - Lists of commonly changed cvars, together with counts on how often they
//   are modified
//
// No information about the players on the server is sent, so as a server admin
// you need no permission of your players for this.
//
// No information about your server will be published - all published data sets
// will include data from multiple servers.
//   sv_weaponstats_file http://www.xonotic.org/weaponbalance/

// Some more advanced settings.  You probably are not interested in changing them at all.

//sys_ticrate 0.0333333    // change to 0.0166667 if your server can take the abuse, can make the game a bit more fluent

//sv_ready_restart 0    // 1 to allow players to restart the map when all of them press the ready button
//sv_autoscreenshot 0    // 1 will force a screenshot for all clients when the map ends.  Useful for competitions or the ladder.

//g_antilag 2    // 0 to disable the antilag feature, 1 and 2 use different methods

//sv_maxrate 1000000    // limits client connections to this rate in bytes/seconds

// see Docs/mapdownload.txt for more info
//sv_curl_defaulturl http://www.xonotic.com/contentdownload/getmap.php?file=    //fallback download URL

//sv_defaultcharacter 0    // 1 will force a specific model for all players
//sv_defaultplayermodel models/player/nexus.zym    // this model will be used
//sv_defaultplayerskin 0    // this skin number will be forced for all players
//sv_defaultplayercolors ""    // you can even force player colors here (16*shirt+pants)
//g_fullbrightplayers 0    // 1 to make players fullbright
//g_fullbrightitems 0    // 1 to make items fullbright

//g_balance_teams 1    // 0 will show players the team selection menu after joining instead of automaticly putting them on the smaller team
//g_balance_teams_force 0    // 1 to automaticly balance teams even during a game

//g_ban_sync_uri "http://94.23.21.40/~xonotic/bans/" // sync bans using this ban list provider (disabled by default, uncomment this line to enable)
//g_ban_sync_trusted_servers "" // accept bans that were initially set on the server IPs listed here (if not set, your bans are just sent to the sync URIs, but no bans are retrieved from there)

// "Obvious" mutators that are allowed on a "pure" server
//g_minstagib 0    // set to 1 for MinstaGib
//g_weapon_stay 0 // set to 1, 2 or 3 for different weapon-stay modes (1 = traditional, 2 = no ammo but allow throwing, 3 = ghost weapon stay)

// WARNING: anything below this line makes your server "impure"!

// enable some mutators you'd like
//g_cloaked 0    // set to 1 for transparent hard to see players
//g_grappling_hook 0    // set to 1 to enable the hook (allowed on "pure" server in MinstaGib)
//g_jetpack 0    // set to 1 to enable the jetpack (allowed on "pure" server in MinstaGib)
//g_laserguided_missile 0    // set to 1 for laser guided missiles in the RL
//g_midair 0    // set to 1 to make only midair damage count
//g_vampire 0    // set to 1 to give players the damage they cause as health
//sv_gravity 800    // for low gravity, set this somewhere between 50 and 400

// select AT MOST one of these arena mutators (if you didn't select g_minstagib)
//g_nixnex 0    // set to 1 for No Items Xonotic
//g_nixnex_with_laser 0    // set to 1 to always give players the laser in NixNex

(09-17-2011, 01:04 PM)liberty Wrote: 2. The player can't pass the start line in many maps. It seems like there is an invisible wall at the start line.

What I know about wall at the start it is something like no compatible map, I call that a broken map. I experienced that on all cts servers. I think someone here, can fix this problem, ask It'sme. May be I am wrong but I am pretty sure you do not have to change anything in your server's config file.

(09-17-2011, 01:33 PM)Leeloo Wrote:
(09-17-2011, 01:04 PM)liberty Wrote: 2. The player can't pass the start line in many maps. It seems like there is an invisible wall at the start line.

What I know about wall at the start it is something like no compatible map, I call that a broken map. I experienced that on all cts servers. I think someone here, can fix this problem, ask It'sme. May be I am wrong but I am pretty sure you do not have to change anything in your server's config file.

No, it happen on the maps that does not suppose to have this problem. There must be some way.

Hey,

Code:
g_cts_selfdamage 0 // disable all selfdamage and falldamage in cts
g_playerclip_collisions 0 // disable collision testing against playerclips

exec defaultXPM.cfg already executes physicsXPM.cfg. So you do not need to write the line exec physicsXPM.cfg in your server.cfg.

Btw... on which map happens the invisible wall problem, where it should not?

(09-17-2011, 06:39 PM)ItsMe Wrote: Hey,

Code:
g_cts_selfdamage 0 // disable all selfdamage and falldamage in cts
g_playerclip_collisions 0 // disable collision testing against playerclips

exec defaultXPM.cfg already executes physicsXPM.cfg. So you do not need to write the line exec physicsXPM.cfg in your server.cfg.

Btw... on which map happens the invisible wall problem, where it should not?

Thank you very much for your tips. I have tried and it is working well. The test map is pronstar-kaine which shouldn't have this problem. Now it is solved. Thank you!

Hello, I wonder if there are any good software for recording some gameplay
for Linux. It is not necessary but it would be nice if it could record in HD.
I have sad it before, but again Xonotic still kick ass >D !

It's always best to use builtin capture if that's available. For Xonotic, there's all the cl_capturevideo* cvars to configure that.
For the rest, I have no idea. Your hardware has to be fast enough for live capture (unlike Xonotic capturing, where you can max the settings and it only makes the video rendering slower if you're recording a demo). And sound syncing can be a problem too AFAIK.

Ok, thanks Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Rainbow Your Favorite Maps cushinga 6 1,597 03-14-2023, 08:26 PM
Last Post: [CISN] Neigdoig
Rainbow What's your favorite color? Or which color you use in game? Kotangens 1 1,160 09-01-2022, 06:52 PM
Last Post: ballerburg9005
  FPS Showdown - Go submit your best frags! Smilecythe 4 4,370 02-19-2017, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Antares*
  Why is your server empth 24/7 slowtwitch 10 7,965 06-27-2016, 10:37 PM
Last Post: end user
Information We want your help Samual 35 34,709 10-11-2013, 07:48 PM
Last Post: Leroy
  Preparation: what's your nationality / native language? unfa 147 152,807 06-22-2013, 06:37 PM
Last Post: Wii-Wii
  WoX-BloX needs your help! CuBe0wL 14 11,426 06-26-2012, 05:43 PM
Last Post: CuBe0wL
  Here's my fair share Scorpion 8 8,090 10-31-2010, 05:50 PM
Last Post: PGP_Qz
  Pythonistas, please raise your hand Dokujisan 13 10,648 10-15-2010, 06:25 AM
Last Post: Spyroviper
  ITT: post your WASD teams 9 10,647 06-28-2010, 09:48 AM
Last Post: Lee_Stricklin