Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[WIP] Weapon Models

I would imagine everyone is busy with school/work etc. Once summer break hits, we should have more time to do stuff.

in the meantime, here is something I am working on atm.
[Image: machinegunwip2-1.jpg]

its not finished yet, but I am making progress Smile
Master of mysterious geometries

Imgur Gallery

Concept for Samual's lightning gun
    [/align]

Imgur Gallery

looks interesting. Any 1st person view?
Fat.bot.Slim

[Image: crylink-2.jpg?t=1304643423]

crylink

Imgur Gallery

Liking the crylink update, can only imagine how much better looking than the current one it will look when it gets textured.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

thanks Smile I am going to work on the first person view of it a little, so it's a little more distinctive.

Imgur Gallery

This forum needs a "thumbsup" smiley Smile
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

I like the new Crylink too! Though it does look a bit low-poly to me... especially the scope around the top.

Looks fine to me, I'm pretty sure it will look better if it gets textured. We already have Red Planet, we don't need something else that can potentially wreak havoc on my gigabyte-sized graphics card Tongue

Oh wait.

huh. the old model had 800 faces, the new model has 900. I thought it had way more than that.

although that is without the bars on the side. that brings it up to 2000, but I can bring those down a lot.

Imgur Gallery

Some more work on the sniper rifle, nearly done now:

[Image: xonoticsniperriflemdl26.jpg]

And this one's pretty big: [Image: xonoticsniperriflemdl25.th.jpg]

That sniper is looking lovely so far! Keep up the great work Big Grin

N1, as always!
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

EPIC SNIPER!!! <3

Thanks Smile Some more details added:

[Image: xonoticsniperriflemdl28.jpg]

quick in game shot (without gloss and a few other things need fixing)
[Image: aufcvct63jq3d44z5won_thumb.jpg]

I like it a lot. But it seems too... sharp. Like it is folded out of paper somehow.
Proverbs 25:8 Go not forth hastily to strive, lest thou know not what to do in the end thereof, when thy neighbour hath put thee to shame.

Cool!

Oh wait.

on the 1st person perspective the scope looks way too extreme? Smile it looks nearly as big as the rest of the gun... but on the side-view-picture it 100% ok.

Hmm... Does the barrel point a bit away from the crosshair? Should it be more centered - lean slightly left? I think it's a bit too right now.

Shouldn't be a big problem to fix that, right?

I love where this sniper is going Smile Just two suggestions on my end, from what I'm seeing in those screenshots:

Firstly, I think the scratch marks are a bit too strong. Maybe they should be a little more discrete, so the surface doesn't look that scratched.

Also, my change for glow-modded weapons was merged in master yesterday. So now, I would suggest making both the scope and the yellow lines part of the _glow texture (grayscale and bright, so it looks like the other weapons). Those yellow parts should look excellent for colored glow... similar to the Electro perhaps Big Grin

Aye, the orange lines, the forward light things (yeah yeah, I should know what they're for ... Big Grin) and the scope bits are all part of the glow texture.

An old one but should be pretty similar since most of the new stuff wouldn't be visible anyway (Blender real time GLSL):
[Image: xonoticsniperriflemdl19.th.jpg]

that is looking really good LJHutch. Big Grin

Imgur Gallery

Just wondering aloud... Could we replace current old models with the new (finished) ones, even though they have no textures? This should motivate people to make textures for these weapons when they see them in action, but still untextured...

Don't take me completely seriously, I'm just thinking.

well, someone could certainly start working on a branch where this was done. I know it would help me as a modeler, to see how my weapons look in game.

Imgur Gallery

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Photo Morphed's used brushes for weapon and item model texturing LegendGuard 0 1,709 11-30-2022, 12:32 PM
Last Post: LegendGuard
  [NEED HELP] Editing Pick-Up Models NoClue 3 1,135 11-25-2022, 06:17 AM
Last Post: NoClue
  [NEED HELP] Weapon shader isn't doing as I'm intending to do LegendGuard 0 1,048 04-04-2022, 07:23 AM
Last Post: LegendGuard
  List of Free/GPL Models & Programs AllegedlyDead 7 14,241 10-26-2021, 10:35 AM
Last Post: Dares
  How to import Weapon Models? NoClue 6 3,416 12-23-2020, 10:26 AM
Last Post: Julius
Brick New Shotgun and Uzi models MirceaKitsune 6 4,079 07-17-2020, 01:18 PM
Last Post: _para
  [NEED HELP] NetRadiant Models Not Working 3agle427 7 5,278 06-26-2020, 11:40 AM
Last Post: DarkFox
Rainbow [NEED HELP] Player models. Import to blender, export to xonotic. Snekky 1 3,644 04-19-2020, 09:16 AM
Last Post: DarkFox
  [NEED HELP] Texture problems in MD3 exported models (Quake 3) xLuca91x 9 6,592 03-31-2020, 03:13 PM
Last Post: xLuca91x
  Renamon & Krystal player models MirceaKitsune 37 59,627 12-12-2019, 07:51 AM
Last Post: Mario