Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[CTF,ONS] Astralcity

Another large ctf map, hopefully suitable for 5v5.
Some of you may know it already as it was floating around since a while, but now, after some more work, i think it's mature enough to post it here.

It's kind of a remake of UT99 map, [CTF]Vaultcity. Well... let's say my map is "more or less" inspired by the layout of Vaultcity.

Download:
http://beta.xonotic.org/autobuild-bsp/as...2a7b5e.pk3

some screenshots:
http://beta.xonotic.org/autobuild-bsp/as...4552a7b5e/
<Halogene> ok "n1" means "nice one"
<Halogene> "gl" means "good luck"
<Halogene> "fu" means "wow that was wickedly nice that frag"
Frogg on Instagram

From the screens, it a very good looking map. I love the design of the hallways.
~D W
Composer and Sound Designer.
Find my work on SoundCloud and FreeSound.

Love the layout and the theme. It should make for some excellent gameplay as well.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

AWESOME! I didn't play it yet but it looks great !

Downloading, looks awesome Smile
[Image: sigdammit2.png]

Looks very impressive!
Only gameplay is not really good imo. The map is too big, with too much right, flat corridors and rooms.
Maybe you could make the map gameplaywise more interesting by making a little part outside (in space ?), adding more levels, teleports etc.
If you want to keep it all inside, maybe you can make it a bit like aggressorctf for example, that map is totally indoor too, but the gameplay is nonetheless very interesting.
The gameplay of this map is just too much like Attic and Apace imo. Try to make it really stand out as a different map. This layout deserver that Big Grin

Aww man, I was so excited, but the map textures wouldn't load Sad All I got was alpha blocks ...

(01-07-2012, 05:03 PM)Mepper Wrote: The gameplay of this map is just too much like Attic and Apace imo.

...like good CTF!

(01-07-2012, 05:03 PM)Mepper Wrote: The gameplay of this map is just too much like Attic and Apace imo.

Yeah, just like good capture the flag. Would probably kick a lot more ass with off hand grapple hooks enabled too, bring back some awesome memories from House of CTF back during the 2.4 days.

Oh wait.

(01-08-2012, 12:40 AM)Lee_Stricklin Wrote:

Yeah, just like good capture the flag. Would probably kick a lot more ass with off hand grapple hooks enabled too, bring back some awesome memories from House of CTF back during the 2.4 days.
You mean galts gulch, right?

(01-08-2012, 01:31 AM)PCLizard Wrote:
(01-08-2012, 12:40 AM)Lee_Stricklin Wrote:

You mean galts gulch, right?

Actually I meant The Nexican Tongue and galts gulch does sound familiar, though I'm pretty sure the Ninjaz hosted grapple hook CTF in 2.4 as well. Forgot if it was a House of CTF server or not though, been awhile and there was a TON of activity back in 2.4-2.4.2, as in tick the filters for hiding empty and full servers and still get a loaded screen with decent pings everywhere.

Oh wait.

(01-07-2012, 05:35 PM)shnbwmn Wrote: Aww man, I was so excited, but the map textures wouldn't load Sad All I got was alpha blocks ...

what version of Xonotic are you using?

kuniu the frogg Wrote:To see those nice new textures in-game, you have to use something newer than Xonotic 0.5, new autobuild or updated GIT will have them for sure.

also Mepper is kind of right, next time i will try to make something different, more like mIKEctf2 maybe.
Frogg on Instagram

Only one question from my side: why can't I see the merge request for this map?
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

(01-08-2012, 07:07 AM)C.Brutail Wrote: Only one question from my side: why can't I see the merge request for this map?

heh, because:
1. this map wasn't tested much in real game yet, so i don't know if it is any good gameplay-wise
2. ... how do you make this "merge request" ?
Frogg on Instagram

1: Have people to test your map, and listen to their feedback. A good place for that is the pickup IRC channel. Server admins you need to contact are Samual, Antibody, asyy, tZork and divVerent.

2: When you're all good with the map, and you think it's worthy to be included in the game, and you'd like to see it in master too, look up the latest commit on the git website (for your working branch currently it's: http://git.xonotic.org/?p=xonotic/xonoti...655d7;js=1 ) . There's a text in the second row: merge request. Clicking that will continue you to an interface where you need to write a small report about your merge request, a checkbox that you declare that your work is GPLv2 compatible and you offer it for Xonotic. Click ok, and it'll automatically create an merge request ticket at http://dev.xonotic.org/projects/xonotic-...t_filter=1 . After that, you just wait Big Grin

you make it sound so easy Sad
Master of mysterious geometries

Imgur Gallery

Merge requesting IS easy. Though from personal experience I know that your first request will probably be denied, and you'll be asked to fix a few more things before the merge happens.
This is the most frustrating part. Tongue

yeah, i was referring to the "get feedback" part.
Master of mysterious geometries

Imgur Gallery

I'm not even gonna go into details of that part and how awefully hard that is, it'd be too OT here Tongue

(01-08-2012, 04:59 AM)kuniu the frogg Wrote:
(01-07-2012, 05:35 PM)shnbwmn Wrote: Aww man, I was so excited, but the map textures wouldn't load Sad All I got was alpha blocks ...

0.5.0 ... the latest one

@shnbmn

http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=1867

Get this, very easy way to always get the latest version. New builds every day, so you allways get the newest stuff Smile

(01-09-2012, 02:34 PM)shnbwmn Wrote:
(01-08-2012, 04:59 AM)kuniu the frogg Wrote:

0.5.0 ... the latest one

You need something a lot newer than that... grab an autobuild.

Oh wait.

Thanks guys, although I'll stick to the official releases Smile

(01-10-2012, 01:49 AM)shnbwmn Wrote: I'll stick to the official releases

ok, right, i should post also (or at first even) a version compatible with the official release Wink
i will pack those textures and post it here (although it will be around 100MB) as soon as possible.
Frogg on Instagram

wow, design looks great and textures are awesome

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [DM/CTF] Sirlent (Soylent remake) (added CTF version) _para 7 1,668 01-01-2023, 01:03 PM
Last Post: _para
  [CTF,ONS,CTS] Trident_ctf [FINAL] Kotangens 10 5,248 08-29-2022, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Kotangens
  [CTF,ONS,RC] RemixROM Kotangens 4 2,552 01-16-2022, 10:49 AM
Last Post: Kotangens
  [Vanilla, XPM CTF] antares-ctf1_b2 (Silica CTF) Antares* 0 2,150 11-30-2017, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Antares*
  Fickle-ctf [CTF] [ONS] nowego4 31 32,498 11-29-2013, 07:03 AM
Last Post: Mario
  death51 [ ons | ctf | dm | etc ] ... 8 9,354 02-04-2011, 03:56 PM
Last Post: mepper[NoSkillsOnlyLuck]