Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Obligatory meme thread

(02-29-2012, 05:20 AM)divVerent Wrote: [Image: 15387412.jpg]
What I like about that pic is that the guy really looks like he is the last one to discover the obvious.
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

[Image: 4f0af6d400aeb3795af606ce69fa5d8a.png]

Well, I tried.
BRLOGENSHFEGLE (core dumped)

The Bot Orchestra is back! | Xoylent Easter Egg | 5bots1piano
My music on Google Play and SoundCloud

Bit off topic, but...

divVerent when mad:

[Image: ueyu1j0svlya6919mal3.gif]

What's the story?

(03-01-2012, 02:09 PM)Spaceman Wrote:

What's the story?

Doesn't much matter now, because every other review site that doesn't take pay offs (and even those that do) are slamming it. Destructoid in particular didn't have anything nice to say about it, other than it was better than The Punisher No Mercy. They said some nice things about the game it took the name from though and made a mention of Xonotic near the end of the article. Basically the image is pointing out that when all hell broke loose on the AT boards, it put IllFonic on the radar of many. Had that not have happened, no one would even know who they are. Obviously some people didn't think that far ahead. Anyway, here's the Destructoid review, I recommend looking at it, but in case you don't want to I've taken a few chunks of it and put it in this post.

http://www.destructoid.com/review-nexuiz-222849.phtml

A few quotes of interest
-----------

Not so nice things about XBLA Nexuiz:
"The name was originally attached to a Quake-inspired freeware game released in 2005. Tracing IllFonic's Nexuiz back to its origins leads down a rabbit hole of community schisms, legal conflicts, and forum threads filled with resentment."

Not something the community was trying to have happen to them, but it looks like the reviewer here has labelled Illfonic as a group of scumbags.

"At best, Nexuiz is a bargain-bin, first-generation Xbox game. At worst, it's a financed effort that crumbles before its free, community-made predecessors."

This line basically says it fails to live up to the classic FPS Xonotic was forked from.

I'm going to take this as a positive for the GPL classic:
"So what was Nexuiz then? It was a difficult-to-pronounce game made by some FPS fans who blended the dual-function weapons of Unreal Tournament with the close quarters combat of Quake. It lacked an identity, but the community soon gave it one by creating weird levels, modes, and weapons that id Software and Epic wouldn't dare to attempt."

Thought the last sentence in that was awesome and from what I've seen, Xonotic is going to continue that trend on a higher quality level.

Mention of Xonotic in that article:
"I'm as sick of Call of Duty and its numerous copycats as the next guy, and I'd love a new, fresh arena shooter ... on my PC! This style of game never worked well with a controller. Back on the Dreamcast, you'd enjoy ports of Quake and Unreal Tournament for what they were worth, ignoring your content PC friends. Now, anyone can run Quake Live or Xonotic on PC with low requirements and no money down. Why bother with a controller in the first place?"

While I don't expect a bunch of readers to think anything of it, I find it pretty cool that the person who reviewed this at least knows of Xonotic.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

I think you have an obsession, Lee. You're writing lengthy offtopic replies to a four word question.

IGN gave it a good review :p
Master of mysterious geometries

Imgur Gallery

Sorry folks, I misread divVerent's post.

I read that somebody had joined the developer chan on IRC (#xonotic on irc.freenode.net) using a provocative nick. Maybe using a nick like WarsowIsGreat and started spamming. But, now that I have reread divVerent's meme I understand, and thanks Lee for everything.

* Spaceman stayed in the garden all day digging and is a bit tired.

(03-01-2012, 05:10 PM)theShadow Wrote: IGN gave it a good review :p

"IGN"

Stopped reading there, these are the guys that stamp OMG GOTYAY all over everything that's got hype (ToRtanic, brown n bloom 720, any given Bioware game) and just generally suck at their jobs. When looking through one of the proflies of one of the reviewers, I was disgusted to find that he has less that FIVE YEARS of gaming behind him and maybe only had about four systems, no PC, and thought he was hardcore because he scored a copy of Megaman 2. Damn I'm going off topic, OCD must be getting at me again...

Oh wait.

It's got quite good review overall Lee, I knew you'd find the worse out of the bunch and just post about that one, your becoming to predictable Smile

Anyway..back to the meme thread Big Grin
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

(03-01-2012, 05:22 PM)Spaceman Wrote: * Spaceman stayed in the garden all day digging and is a bit tired.

Mooooom! there's a *spaceman* in the garden! its true!

(03-01-2012, 06:56 PM)kojn^ Wrote: It's got quite good review overall Lee, I knew you'd find the worse out of the bunch and just post about that one, your becoming to predictable Smile

Anyway..back to the meme thread Big Grin

I'm just going by what I saw on the first google search page, I only saw two positive reviews on it (IGN and UGO, two sites that are very much hated on a section of the internet I occasionally lurk) at the time that I saw it. Crap going off topic again.

Oh wait.

off topic o meter of glory

off topic -----|----------------------- on topic

[Image: facepalm.jpg]

... now that i think about it ...

if this was posted in the off topic section of the forum ... isnt it supposed to be off topic ....

... you know .... its like its's nature ... ... ...

oops ... i'm off topic again ...

...wait ... the more I troll about this the less sense it makes ...

... i give up ... heres a meme ...

[Image: 15633882.jpg]

link cause I cant get image werking for some reason

[Image: 15709165.jpg]

... i swear that attachment was werking earlier ...

The server is down, it's not an attachment.

yeah ... your right ... its not an attachment ...

(03-06-2012, 01:31 PM)hutty Wrote: yeah ... your right ... its not an attachment ...

Agree++.

.. ah ... i though div was quoting my broken image text to rub it in that I goofed on the image linking/attaching .... turns out his meme was broken too...

sometimes ... I talk troll too much ...

[Image: 15771402.jpg]

Wait, they made a Geforce 286? I know the 285, but the 286? Or is it a typo?

* Halogene wonders not really seriously
My Xonstats Profile

(03-07-2012, 05:15 AM)Halogene Wrote: Wait, they made a Geforce 286? I know the 285, but the 286? Or is it a typo?

i highly doubt that div0 means a gfx card.

thats my guess
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_80286
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

=>

(03-07-2012, 05:15 AM)Halogene Wrote: * Halogene wonders not really seriously

I know, I grew up with such a thing Wink
My Xonstats Profile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cool indie games thread asyyy 15 12,568 01-01-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Julian758
  Blog Self-promotion thread machine! 14 17,995 08-30-2023, 03:47 PM
Last Post: [CISN] Neigdoig
  XONOTIC USER MUGSHOT THREAD Smilecythe 121 138,484 08-30-2023, 03:38 PM
Last Post: [CISN] Neigdoig
  Fragmovies from other games- thread Smilecythe 25 24,804 04-23-2016, 11:56 AM
Last Post: Matuka
  Reflex thread machine! 45 50,210 08-01-2015, 03:25 AM
Last Post: SPLAT
  The Big Happy Birthday thread! CuBe0wL 53 91,183 10-31-2013, 12:40 AM
Last Post: CuBe0wL
Lightbulb Dropbox Referrals Thread of Awesomeness Schicko 10 13,819 08-03-2013, 02:46 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
Rainbow The totally useless but always present "ANIMATED GIF THREAD" lopho 45 78,854 02-02-2013, 04:30 PM
Last Post: Debugger
  The frag movie thread K__ 37 42,462 10-25-2012, 01:20 PM
Last Post: kojn^
  You'll thank me when you read click on this thread...trust me .Danny. 20 26,501 08-06-2012, 12:45 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo