Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Freeze Tag Gametype ?

I cant find any Freeze Tag gametype!

That would be nice when its possible! Dodgy
[Image: a_ones.de-logo.png]
Gameservers by a-ones.de | [email=gameservers@a-ones.de]E-Mail[/email] | Forum | Twitter | Facebook

(03-09-2012, 01:16 PM)asp Wrote: I cant find any Freeze Tag gametype!

That would be nice when its possible! Dodgy

just take a look in the menu where you can chose game modes. there is also freezetag.
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

In your menu: Multiplayer/create on the left side.

But i cant see it in the server.cfg to create it as default!

server.cfg entry :

// GAME MODE: what type of server do you want to host?
// possible values: dm (deathmatch), tdm (team deathmatch), dom (domination), ctf (ctf), rune (runematch), lms (last man standing), arena (arena), kh (keyhunt), as (assault), ons (onslaught), race (race), nexball (nexball)
gametype tdm
Gameservers by a-ones.de | [email=gameservers@a-ones.de]E-Mail[/email] | Forum | Twitter | Facebook

You mean if you create a dedicated server?

I think you should ask someone on #xonotic @quanet. Im sure someone can help you out.

gametype ft
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

Ok when "ft" works would be nice!

Thank you!

EDIT: FT works not correctly. all are frozen from beginning , all bots and you when you join the server

some magic and it works Tongue

Thumbs Up 
(03-09-2012, 02:06 PM)Cortez666 Wrote: some magic and it works Tongue
then give me the magic stick please Wink

What xonotic version? Have you got it working any other way?
EDIT: moving this to server admin section

(03-10-2012, 03:02 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: What xonotic version? Have you got it working any other way?
EDIT: moving this to server admin section

newest version 0.60

Can somebody else try reproducing this?

EDIT: Can't reproduce that on git with a listenserver...

EDIT: asp, please do cmd cvar_changes from a client connected to your server, and post the output here

iirc the gametype is "freezetag", not "ft"

(03-10-2012, 10:29 AM)tZork Wrote: iirc the gametype is "freezetag", not "ft"

Works !

some suggestions :

- this ice block is soooooo big/bright, when you shoot an enemy in a small room you need to find another way becuase this small room is full

- when iam frozen i need a function to spec my team members by click on the left mouse button . important in wars. you can see your team members in that time becuase its very weird to wait and see only your position!

It's funny how all your problems suddenly fix themselves on their own. Can you explain what you did to fix the weird behaviour that you described?

(03-10-2012, 01:24 PM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: It's funny how all your problems suddenly fix themselves on their own. Can you explain what you did to fix the weird behaviour that you described?

when you dont know the system then learn it Big Grin

before i try gametype "ft" and that dont goes with that errors what i described.. now i try gametype freezetag and this works!

Weird, gametype ft worked just fine for me :x

"ft" works not correctly. all are frozen from beginning , all bots and you when you join the server

"Freezetag" in gamemode works !

i use Linux Debian 6,0 Squeeze

dunno Exclamation

This bit of common/mapinfo.qc says "freezetag" is deprecated, and is replaced by ft. So ft and freezetag should have the exact same behaviour.

Can you reproduce the bug with gametype ft? If it still clearly happens with gametype ft and not with gametype freezetag in the same circumstances, then this is a bad bug.

Code:
if(t == "freezetag")
        {
                print("MapInfo_Type_FromString (probably ", MapInfo_Map_bspname, "): using deprecated name '", t);
                t = "ft";
                print("'. Should use '", t, "'.\n");
        }

Older thread but I tried using both ft and freezetag and ended with players/bots freezeing on game start. Using Debian Squeeze/Xonotic 0.6.0.
[MoFo] Servers - North America - Hosted in Montreal Canada - Admin DeadDred [MoFo]

That's strange. Did you make any configuration changes other than that? What does the server console display when it happens?

Well, yeah that's normal if the game runs and you add bots or players join. But the round should restart when all players are frozen of one team.
Could take forever, cause bots don't like to move. Tongue
Should add some countdown before the game starts, so you can connect and join meanwhile. Forgot the command though. Big Grin

Ok figured it out.

I used a second computer to start another game and it worked fine with two players when I joined in.
[MoFo] Servers - North America - Hosted in Montreal Canada - Admin DeadDred [MoFo]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SOLVED] Disable Freeze Tag All-Weapons Spawn / Hooney Duel Antares* 3 2,945 04-12-2018, 07:45 PM
Last Post: Antares*
  player freeze during start countdown -maniac|Su- 0 2,430 10-31-2016, 04:21 PM
Last Post: -maniac|Su-
  How to change gametype inside server without having to reset. neXus 2 7,631 04-18-2012, 06:32 AM
Last Post: neXus