Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[SUGGESTION] Minstanex is too loud

So, we played several minsta-duels now (btw: nice model for the minstanex) and found, that the soundeffect of the primary minstanex fire is really loud, which is not bad by itself, but it overshadows pretty much everything else.
In duels this is quite obstructive, since you have a hard time hearing, what your opponent is up to (aka. can't hear him spawn Angel)

So, what do you think about reducing the volume for it and/or make the sound less bulky?

You can reduce it by yourself in the sound menu. Just reduce weapon sounds as you would like to .

jep - same here ..
the sound is to loud to hear the respawn or the movements of the opponent ...
But maybe we Minsta players are to sneaky for the dev.s Wink

GreetZ Su

(03-21-2012, 04:12 PM)Justin Wrote: You can reduce it by yourself in the sound menu. Just reduce weapon sounds as you would like to .

Not a good fix if it's objectively too loud. Especially if compared to other weapon sounds. In that case the defaults should be revised.

i support what zypresse and -maniac|Su- said! the minstanex is way too loud and the sound lasts too long. thus, no respawn can be heard.

(03-21-2012, 04:12 PM)Justin Wrote: You can reduce it by yourself in the sound menu. Just reduce weapon sounds as you would like to .
thats no good idea, because as minsta duel players, we also have to listen to secondary fire and hook

I reported the bug on the tracker. If there's something to add to it, or you want to follow developments or discuss the bug, please register an account on the tracker and follow that bug ticket.

http://dev.xonotic.org/issues/1139

thank you Heart

You could also use the default nexgun, which looks great imo: http://88.198.17.137/_files/Pk3/zzz_mins...nex_v2.pk3

asy7um, does that include sounds? Anyway this would probably be considered cheating, because it replaces models and such.

You are right, I updated the link to the version which includes sounds. Well I thought that zypresse is a server owner, if he likes the model he can make it default on his servers. He would have to repack the updated default minstanex model (after it got fixed) and "force" it on players anyway, otherwise those with git and autobuild would have an advantage.

Sorry to bump this thread. Does this still persist?
Personally, I dont find it too loud (it seems to be slightly louder than the nexgun).

Also, please provide feedback in the relevant dev tracker ticket

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SUGGESTION] Botskill too low JoeMaro 7 5,947 06-28-2015, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Beagle
  [SUGGESTION] Xonotic for Beginner's too machine! 22 23,571 07-02-2013, 03:39 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  [SUGGESTION] Should I set up a PPA for Xonotic or is it too early? Minkovsky 10 11,500 10-02-2012, 01:57 AM
Last Post: zykure
  [SUGGESTION] Weapon models too big vaan 3 5,073 04-02-2010, 10:51 PM
Last Post: DiaboliK