Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[NEEDS INFO] Mouse Accel issue

Posting this for a friend who can't get his mouse to stop skipping in Xon.

"Sometimes the mouse just randomly snaps way too much in the direction i was moving it at. Say I move it to the right a few degrees, I may end up looking behind me. It happens several times per map but strangely enough only online, not on localhost. doesnt matter what mouse or pad i use. also this doesnt happen in any other game"

Anyone had or heard of this bug before?

Could be already known and documented here .

Looks like dp has a serious issue.
Is your friend playing the stable, autobuild or git release?
[Image: Sigsig.jpg]

Stable version.

What OS is this, and did he try a different mouse to rule hardware out?

I get this too, but only in wgl. Ask him to test with the SDL binary

I get the same issue in 0.6.0 stable 64-bit under Windows 7 x64, and changing mouse doesn't help. Switching to the x64-SDL binary seems to have alleviated the problem, but I'll have to keep testing to be sure.

I've never had this... Touch wood! Smile

I have never had this either ... but ... I always use the sdl version

I also get this issue, using Windows 7 64 bit, MarkC mouse fix, 1800 dpi, 6/11, Razer Deathadder.

It seems running SDL 64 bit fixes it, however now I have a sound and graphic issue where the bullets are landing and making sounds about .5 seconds after I shoot.

Yes that 64bit sound lag is a bit of an issue.

I made a bug ticket about it a while ago. I just use Xonotic 64.exe. I don't think I even use the sdl version...

http://dev.xonotic.org/issues/901

There's a youtube video about it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji-4WHJ5Ee4

rocknroll237, did you verify that this bug was no longer relevant? Because if divVerent wrongly rejected it, you should tell us about it.

See if you get the same lag that you describe in that bug report with autobuilds.

Yes I still get the lag.

The thing I don't get so much anymore is the skipping/repeating audio that I used to get. I fixed that issue by changing the menu theme. It's bizarre, but I can only assume the default menu theme takes a while to load stuff or is much bigger (in file size) than the others...

Oh, I misinterpreted divVerent's message. "Was caused by GPU memory usage then. Not a bug." The "then" is deductive, not indicating some past bug.

I guess the reason is that you're having bad GPU memory usage, then.

Quote:bad GPU memory usage

Surely not. I've got 4gb DDR5 ram and it ain't bad!

Unless it's driver related. But I'm not the only one that gets it.

You should talk to div about this then, since it's him who rejected your report.

Note that he didn't say you didn't have enough memory, just that it's badly used (might as well be a driver problem or interference from other gpu-using apps for example).

What OS do you use, what driver version, do you use any desktop effects? (aero, compiz, anything transparent)

(10-07-2012, 04:12 AM)Sensator Wrote: I also get this issue, using Windows 7 64 bit, MarkC mouse fix, 1800 dpi, 6/11, Razer Deathadder.

It seems running SDL 64 bit fixes it, however now I have a sound and graphic issue where the bullets are landing and making sounds about .5 seconds after I shoot.

I have the same problem. When running xonotic-64.exe, the mouse sensitivity will suddenly increase for a about a second every now and then, but the sound is fine. When running xonotic-64-sdl.exe the mouse is fine, but now the sound lags behind (the music doesn't skip though). Changing the menu theme doesn't work and neither does turning off Aero.

This doesn't happen in other games.

My specs:
Windows 7 x64
Intel Core i5-3210M
Nvidia GT 640M 1GB DDR3 (driver v. 306.23)
4 GB ram
SteelSeries Sensei Raw (with MarkC mouse fix)

Lurkin, we need to talk to Div about this sometime on IRC.

(10-09-2012, 12:47 PM)rocknroll237 Wrote: Lurkin, we need to talk to Div about this sometime on IRC.

Or ask him to have this discussion on the forum. IRC is quite volatile, don't forget.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [BUG] Dropping mouse input FPS Null 1 557 04-29-2023, 08:06 AM
Last Post: bones_was_here
  [NEED HELP] My mouse binds do not work in GLX? FAF 5 1,574 07-29-2022, 08:39 AM
Last Post: FAF
  USB Mouse input on Linux dagelf 1 2,268 10-07-2020, 06:14 PM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  [SOLVED] Weird key hold issue with official version Bloodthorn 9 4,906 05-21-2018, 07:56 AM
Last Post: Bloodthorn
  [SOLVED] Random failures to register mouse input Halogene 2 2,683 06-15-2017, 01:04 PM
Last Post: Halogene
  [NEEDS INFO] Menu mouse cursor stuck in invisible box nAnXiety 1 3,122 09-16-2016, 03:30 PM
Last Post: martin-t
Question [NEEDS INFO] Multiplayer connection issue Adrint 18 11,138 06-20-2016, 01:37 AM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  [NEEDS INFO] mouse lag mumin 3 3,460 03-17-2016, 05:29 AM
Last Post: Maddin
  [SOLVED] Little resolution issue since using Xonotic 0.8.1 N1mbus 4 4,673 09-03-2015, 02:34 PM
Last Post: N1mbus
  [SOLVED] Wierd rendering issue Ogger73 3 4,027 05-24-2015, 05:13 AM
Last Post: Mirio