Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Games over.

Hello, good friends all over the xonotic!

I decided to call it quits with good ol' xono. Had very fun for a few years, but recently i've had exactly no interest to play. I've learnt that one should never say never, i'll definitely check the game out on 1.0, if it goes that far.

You guys been incredible, best scene of all FPSes Smile by far!

My special thanks to ZeRoQL providing all kinds of unforgettable shit during the years, from reversion cup bronze match to all the random duels on AEROWALK! Ok you might have played some other map too every now and then with luck Big Grin

I've had a lot of my old UT friends wake up from many years, almost a decade of coma, re-activated on UT4, so if anyone ever decides to have a trip on foreign games, add thimoe on UT4 to your friends list! =) i will accept whenever the friends list gets implemented on linux port.

thimo out

I will miss you.
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

ConfusedUndecidedSadHuh
LoverTaleb

jou

BTW ut4 sucks and development will probably cease Smile
[Image: 38443.png]

Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused, why do you have to leave us? Sad I had fun times playing with you. Y'know you can just play both games?

(06-05-2016, 09:26 PM)SPLAT Wrote: BTW ut4 sucks and development will probably cease Smile

Totally agree. Engine runs like an overweight pig, doesn't look all that good even, and the development has no real direction. I'm willing to bet this sucker doesn't make it out of the door, at least not by Epic. Wouldn't be surprised if they just turn the reigns over to the community completely and say "Have at it!".

I haven't known you for too long nor did we play alot, but you were one of the most humble guys in this community, and you did alot for the community over the years.

I hope to see you again if this game ever reaches 1.0, and I wish you alot of fun on UT4.

You better stay on #xonotic.pickup though, for chitty chat. =)
[Image: 9214.png]

ye, you got bored as well as many other players too.. problem is that Xonotic has very slow development.. It's been under development for 5 years and still there's a lot to do.

I hope you had a bit of fun by watching my crap videos.. Tongue
take some rest and come back later!

True Champion, been so long and nothing has really changed. Except cvars, and aliases, new weapons and a new ui for the menu.

Good luck and have fun on UT4, thimo!

I enjoyed playing TDM games with you during the last few years Big Grin

Yet another great player who's leaving the boat... It's sad Sad
I hope to see you around on IRC at least!

(06-07-2016, 12:32 AM)Beagle Wrote: True Champion, been so long and nothing has really changed. Except cvars, and aliases, new weapons and a new ui for the menu.

that's why so many players are inactive. They're not gone for good but just playing some LoL or Overwatch instead for now.

Afaik, Xonotic is moving to a new engine, so nice. This game has a real potential to be very popular but it has to go on Steam.
There's no other way unless you want Xonotic to be as it is right now.. few servers active... some defrag runners and some DM in the evening.

Make it as Quake Live. I hope Xonotic can take over Quake Live and that would be huge. So again, Xonotic must be seen on Steam. People just want to click that green install button. They don't want to deal with download, unrar, find an exe file, run it. They just want to invite friends, play a game and have fun. There's no "but Steam is not OpenSource or any other reason". IF not Steam, the game won't get popular, never.

however... there's a lot to do for now:

DM - I enjoy it a lot, because I dominate there.
TDM - Fun
Duel - My specialty
Cups - The only reason I practice duels.

then something I haven't tried yet - Insta, DeFrag.

I wish you the best, thims! We had some good times.

psst...retirement is nice!
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

Note to self: Achievements triggers Islinn Blush

Message Removed.

(06-06-2016, 09:12 AM)Irritant Wrote:
(06-05-2016, 09:26 PM)SPLAT Wrote: BTW ut4 sucks and development will probably cease Smile

Totally agree. Engine runs like an overweight pig, doesn't look all that good even, and the development has no real direction. I'm willing to bet this sucker doesn't make it out of the door, at least not by Epic. Wouldn't be surprised if they just turn the reigns over to the community completely and say "Have at it!".

It took A LOT of ini tweaks for me to get UT4 to run right. A ton of the stuff I did to the ini involved copy/pasting from Toxikk, UT2k4, and UT99. A ton of other stuff involved making common sense value changes and disabling things that weren't even visible or noticeable in game to begin with. Out of the box, the game is unoptimized as hell, even for a pre-alpha.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

(06-09-2016, 05:24 PM)Lee_Stricklin Wrote:
(06-06-2016, 09:12 AM)Irritant Wrote:

It took A LOT of ini tweaks for me to get UT4 to run right. A ton of the stuff I did to the ini involved copy/pasting from Toxikk, UT2k4, and UT99. A ton of other stuff involved making common sense value changes and disabling things that weren't even visible or noticeable in game to begin with. Out of the box, the game is unoptimized as hell, even for a pre-alpha.

even for pre-alpha???? you are kidding me? it hasn't reached even beta yet.
I play it on ultra, 60FPS with GTX 960.

I thought this is a thimo goodbye thread not UT4 thread.

Btw. Cya thimo king. U will be missed.
erebus minstanex erebus Angel

bb david :'(((( I will miss your cute little white butt Big GrinDSASD

I hope wel'll meet again. Here or in another game.
Thimoe best guySmile
<lightbringer> if you're wearing power armor, nobody can tell if you're a cat
--------------------------
<thearcon> you are the sickest individual on this channel Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cool indie games thread asyyy 15 12,568 01-01-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Julian758
  RA jumps on Aerowalk (in 24 different games) Smilecythe 31 22,996 12-26-2016, 03:13 PM
Last Post: Smilecythe
  Quake 2 Railwarz instaGib CTF!!! Games 7 nights a week! bind key +hook for lazer hook MajorLazer 7 11,479 09-19-2016, 05:34 PM
Last Post: MajorLazer
  Fragmovies from other games- thread Smilecythe 25 24,804 04-23-2016, 11:56 AM
Last Post: Matuka
  8 Craziest Guns In Video Games zeroql 5 5,809 12-10-2015, 08:57 AM
  Cross platform games with dedicated server components? end user 5 5,832 11-24-2015, 02:29 PM
Last Post: end user
  Seems there's a resurgence in high speed and arena FPS games now Lee_Stricklin 12 23,470 09-23-2014, 07:25 AM
  Vote for GOG to add Linux versions of games they sell FutureSuture 5 7,709 08-30-2013, 08:41 AM
Last Post: FutureSuture
  I play games! Falconer 12 11,109 05-08-2013, 03:12 AM
Last Post: Falconer
  Do you modify/make maps for games other than Xonotic? Harmata 7 8,734 10-07-2012, 01:58 AM
Last Post: Cyber Killer