Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SUGGESTION] Use more music tracks in new maps

There's been a million and one or so tracks made available for this game, yet hardly any of them get used. I went back through a bunch of tracks that I downloaded and was absolutely bummed at how many good tracks weren't given the chance they deserved and was further bummed out by how many of them had links rot away, leaving them unavailable to be listened to (I'd really be sad if I didn't have most of these downloaded and saved to a disc). With that said, I think any potential mappers on here should go through the forum and try to find something interesting not initially included with the game that has an available source to use. If for whatever reason your not making a GPL-compliant map, you have even more music tracks to select from as you can grab something that doesn't have a source available for it. It's crazy how much good content went unused that would very much fit the theme of this game while still sounding like something new at the same time.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

That's the trouble, I think. These tracks are lost to the forums, instead of being submitted to the game (provided they have sources)... Would be great to get a bunch more tracks into the game, the ones included are a bit overused (and some are just plain repetitive).

Perhaps an effort should be made to gather all the tracks and separate the ones without sources from the ones that can be included in the game, and provide the former to the mapping community in a single thread.
[Image: 230.png]

(02-16-2017, 06:54 PM)Mario Wrote: That's the trouble, I think. These tracks are lost to the forums, instead of being submitted to the game (provided they have sources)... Would be great to get a bunch more tracks into the game, the ones included are a bit overused (and some are just plain repetitive).

Perhaps an effort should be made to gather all the tracks and separate the ones without sources from the ones that can be included in the game, and provide the former to the mapping community in a single thread.

Very much needs to happen. I actually was archiving tracks up until around 2013ish, but sadly lost the sources on almost all of them as something happened to the discs I had burned them onto. Many of the unused tracks are actually of a considerably higher quality than what's included in the game. I guess I can at least upload the ones I have in hopes that we can scrape around to find the source somewhere, I know a few of these composers have soundcloud profiles and through some stalking I've actually run across at least a few of them.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SUGGESTION] [QoL] Disable hearing your own SFXs so you can focus more on what matters lerh050 0 620 09-06-2022, 11:18 AM
Last Post: lerh050
  [DISCUSSION] Surf maps to attract new players Snowball 9 8,486 02-28-2020, 04:16 AM
Last Post: Smilecythe
  [SUGGESTION] Making Vanilla more enjoyable for Newbies Halogene 66 36,439 01-11-2018, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Smilecythe
  [SUGGESTION] New toys not new any more? BuddyFriendGuy 11 9,125 05-07-2016, 01:12 AM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  [SUGGESTION] need more sunny maps like Solarium zwz 15 14,382 10-25-2015, 01:01 AM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
Rainbow [SUGGESTION] More noob-friendly Xonotic: improvements that don't sacrifice gameplay lamefun 24 26,537 07-31-2015, 11:23 PM
Last Post: Drauts
Sad [SUGGESTION] There should be more improvement (should be added yet) Eonman 5 4,865 05-27-2015, 07:33 PM
Last Post: Ogger73
Brick [SUGGESTION] Xonstat - additional stats in stats for more stats rad dj flimflam 3 4,392 05-19-2015, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Antibody
  [SUGGESTION] more discreet Sound for Devastator (RL) JoeMaro 4 5,345 02-05-2015, 03:36 PM
Last Post: JoeMaro
  [SUGGESTION] Make game knowledge/info more obvious - i.e. tips Archer 7 10,755 01-21-2015, 02:03 AM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo