Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
alienTRAP forum closed

look here: http://forum.alienTRAP.org/

Who was that?
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

hm... hope Xbox won't become the top rate word on this forum.
Fat.bot.Slim

IllFonic Wrote:The Nexuiz community has moved to the Xonotic forums at http://forums.xonotic.org/
Too right. They know why.
I'm at least a reasonably tolerable person to be around - Narcopic

The Nexuiz community has moved to the Xonotic forums at http://forums.xonotic.org/
o rly?
ya rly! Big Grin
MY NOOB STATS:
[Image: 788.png]

(08-02-2010, 11:43 AM)edh Wrote:
IllFonic Wrote:The Nexuiz community has moved to the Xonotic forums at http://forums.xonotic.org/
Too right. They know why.

Ouch. IllFonic knows why the community forked the project, makes me wonder if they're pissed off at alienTRAP.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

i hope someone achieved the threads regarding the engine they could be a help

(08-02-2010, 12:37 PM)Cortez666 Wrote: i hope someone achieved the threads regarding the engine they could be a help
Aye, I would like to know what happened to the forums database! Would be really nice if those got ahaarrrchived.

If everything is, ok its a bit dramatic, but lost, it would not feel good at all.
Especially since I have not taken the time to show my love for "you guise aka the community" by getting busy with the wiki here and transfer useful stuff over here. Undecided

(08-02-2010, 12:37 PM)Cortez666 Wrote: i hope someone achieved the threads regarding the engine they could be a help

Me too - there was a lot of useful info on the AT forums.
[Image: 370.png] AKA [~] John Smith on Nexuiz

(08-02-2010, 01:14 PM)ThePWTULN Wrote:

especially regarding the performance limits of the DP engine

For those who didn't hear yet, it was Vermeulen who shut down the AT forums.
(08-02-2010, 01:30 PM)Cortez666 Wrote:
(08-02-2010, 01:14 PM)ThePWTULN Wrote:

especially regarding the performance limits of the DP engine

we know all about those don't we :p
Links to my: SoundCloud and bandcamp accounts

I said we should get them archived right when this forum started, but i didn't follow it up, ho hum.
nomnomnomnonmonm:
"the best trolls are indistinguishable from idiots"

Vermulean says it's a temporary thing.

Vermulean Wrote:Temporarily, I gotta restructure the forums. Nothing is deleted, I'll change it so the old Nexuiz forums are accessible but still direct people towards the Xonotic forums for support/feedback from developers.

This was in an email to one community member.
(07-18-2010, 10:59 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: How could anyone with ADHD tell its a high damage weapon if it wasn't a gigantic metal cock fucking the map whenever a player gets within 3 meters of a wall?

[Image: di-712770583645.png]

what to say...?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX7wtNOkuHo Big Grin
MY NOOB STATS:

rainerzufalldererste, huh?

just kidding Big Grin
MY NOOB STATS:

Ive been behind the times....clearly. But whats this about FAKExuiz running on cryengine 3 now? What happened to darkplaces?

[Image: sig2.png]
Check out my site: www.alisdairrankine.com!

Well, I'm not completely certain how they could ever have tried to use dp on a console, probably easier and cheaper to just use an engine already written for the console.
(07-18-2010, 10:59 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: How could anyone with ADHD tell its a high damage weapon if it wasn't a gigantic metal cock fucking the map whenever a player gets within 3 meters of a wall?

Roanoke Wrote:cheaper

How much did they PAY for DP licencing?!
[Image: vN3NkMA]
(Idea stolen from Mr. Bougo. Hehehehe)

(08-05-2010, 01:37 AM)clanclanclan Wrote:
Roanoke Wrote:cheaper

How much did they PAY for DP licencing?!

They would pay nothing, but I think they would spend some money on making it usable under consoles. And for a big pity - they wouldn't contribute those changes for the rest of the community to benefit from them.

Anyway - they're devleloping team might be used to CryEngine, and they might would have to learn DP from scratch. Also - I'am sure CryEngine is more powerful than DP.
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

actually, they would have to have paid for the quake engine, in order to dissolve the GPL. CryEngine is both more powerful and expensive.

[Image: sig2.png]
Check out my site: www.alisdairrankine.com!

Yes, but you must understand illfonic is a small group of people. In terms of manpower, it would be more expensive to port dp.

uh oh. Vermeueln told the turth.

http://www.alienTRAP.org/forum/
del fin

DarkPlaces does run on consoles (see their GDC prototype), and they did at least have plans to get a license from ID software for the Quake engine on which DP is based.
They are now using CryEngine; I don't remember seeing any official statement on why they did that change, though.

Good to see the forums are back up, I wonder if links are now broken.

Also interesting to see the new priorities - zymotic, another DP game, has been cut and focus is now being placed on capsized, the game everyone forgot. I'd rather they made a good zymotic than capsized, but it's not up to me.

More intriguing is the fact that netradiant is now also in the archive section. Looks like alienTRAP didn't really maintain that, it was mostly community people from nexuiz, tremulous and so on. divVerent.

Quote:Good to see the forums are back up, I wonder if links are now broken.

I have verified that a select few of my links are working properly.
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  6DOF: Sol Contingency launches closed beta Halogene 5 6,136 11-05-2015, 12:00 PM
Last Post: kojn^
  Forum dead? kojn^ 5 5,455 08-25-2015, 07:56 AM
Last Post: machine!
  Forum users: do we need the 5 star thread rating system? Mr. Bougo 25 36,760 05-21-2012, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  Vermeulen / alienTRAP released their game frostwyrm333 28 34,719 09-19-2011, 08:43 AM
Last Post: Fireball
  Super weird forum bug: ZWS inserted in url Mr. Bougo 4 6,727 01-27-2011, 10:41 AM
Last Post: Spaceman
  I don't like this forum tChr 25 24,440 09-03-2010, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  Forum Games :D rainerzufalldererste 10 9,623 07-28-2010, 03:08 PM
Last Post: The mysterious Mr. 4m
  d00d! teh alienTRAP forum is like completely abandoned right now. Lee_Stricklin 10 9,612 03-28-2010, 02:26 AM
Last Post: Will