Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SUGGESTION] Weapon balance.

We have all met the nex guy right? The guy that picks up the nex in the first 5 seconds of the game and then uses it throughout the whole game racking up 50-100 1 shot kills.
How about a limit on the number of times you can kill another player with the nex gun? Or perhaps a weapon delay 3-5 mins after 10-15 nex kills.
[Image: di-712770583645.png]

I don't like this idea for the same reason I don't like guns to overheat; a weapon should never be ineffective, just less effective. I do think we should take the push value way down, this would make it less effective on maps like "go" and "evilspace".

If you insist, we could drop the damage every time you kill with it (but I don't like this idea either, personally)

But I do see the need for a better balanced nex/xon. Suggestions are always appreciated.
Heart

Oh, have you met the nex-gun guy,
The nex-gun guy, the nex-gun guy,
Oh, have you met the nex-gun guy,
Who dominates every map?
(04-01-2010, 11:21 AM)Roanoke Wrote: Yes, beveled edges are more futuristic. Like BSG and their beveled paper.
But only on one edge.

In short, I don't like your original proposal.

In not short, I don't like your original proposal because it cripples the nex. Instead, nex should just be more difficult to use. Let me find my tape recorder... Here it is. *clicks button*

Recording of Roanoke's voice Wrote:In order to make nex less strong, lower damage 80-90 range and have headshot damage at 100+. Keep the effectiveness at all distances and don't have silly switch delays, which encourage camping.

At some point, it got easier for me to just record that and play it.
(07-18-2010, 10:59 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: How could anyone with ADHD tell its a high damage weapon if it wasn't a gigantic metal cock fucking the map whenever a player gets within 3 meters of a wall?

ahaha at Roanoke Big Grin

Well, for me either have sniper that does 50/60 dmg a shot at 0.6/0.7 refire, and headshot does like 125 damage, or do what Roanoke said with the nex and those values, I prefer with sniper as then the normal damage per shot is not too high and is more rapid fire.

There is already a weapon balance thread also MintOX, also check out current xonotic.
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

Kojn, your values, while more extreme, are also good.
(07-18-2010, 10:59 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: How could anyone with ADHD tell its a high damage weapon if it wasn't a gigantic metal cock fucking the map whenever a player gets within 3 meters of a wall?

Well, as you said about having the same weapons doing the same thing, this seem's like a neat idea to atleast try out, this way we can try your suggestion about merging the two, whilst then trying out some values I put above, I will ask FrutieX if it's possible he can do this.

The only reason I put 125 for headshot, as I feel it should be a instantkill if you hit someone who is freshly spawned, but also we need to remember that it isn't exactly easy to hit headshots anyway, so I think they should do a fair amount of damage, that's just my reasoning for that figure.
Oh yea roanoake, I asked frutiex if he can do this, but he said it will probably require much coding to do. Whilst the camping Rifle/Sniper already has headshot available too it.

Would it not be easier to just do these settings with that weapon and implement a beam or some kind of tracer too that instead?

I'm informed it already has one, so making it more visible should not be a problem apparently, but yea can we try it this way first of all if it's going to mean less work, I guess it makes more sense where headshot is already implemented and we can atleast give values a try.

Actually, just remembered the sniper in the balance is already set to 0.7 refire and damage must be 50-65 or something for a single hit..will look into organising another session to try things out.

It's really not a big difference if nex is merged into rifle or if rifle is merged into nex, I think. I agree that implementing headshots for nex would be easier if nex was merged into rifle.

Yes, I don't mind which way round either, it's just it's already there on the rifle, so it makes sense to do it that way for testing purposes atleast Smile

Also just tried balance first time since a few days, really am liking it, it has come on far!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weapon Balance Changes [PROPOSE/DISCUSS/REFINE] _para 2 1,808 03-19-2021, 10:43 AM
Last Post: _para
  [SUGGESTION] Casual vanilla balance martin-t 59 37,556 09-03-2017, 09:36 PM
Last Post: Beemann
  [SUGGESTION] XonStats weapon graphs regardless of past games played Antares* 1 2,672 12-21-2016, 02:59 PM
Last Post: Antibody
  [SUGGESTION] Weapon Balance and Presentation 2016 hutty 28 19,662 07-18-2016, 08:54 AM
Last Post: aa
  [SUGGESTION] Yet another physics and balance revamp Lee_Stricklin 3 3,813 04-28-2016, 04:14 AM
Last Post: Smilecythe
  [SUGGESTION] Weapon model ideas - Post here! Beagle 7 6,069 04-09-2016, 02:11 AM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  [SUGGESTION] Reversion Balance - Feedback / Suggestions asyyy 0 3,248 10-19-2014, 04:22 PM
Last Post: asyyy
  [SUGGESTION] Limited weapon slots & customizable spawn weapons MirceaKitsune 38 34,560 09-14-2014, 04:19 AM
Last Post: end user
  [SUGGESTION] Overkill mod: Nex balance issues unfa 12 12,402 06-16-2014, 11:11 AM
Last Post: tZork
  [SUGGESTION] per-weapon/vehicle camera toggling Lee_Stricklin 5 6,155 09-03-2013, 10:29 PM
Last Post: kammy