Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[NEEDS INFO] Net radiant on Mac OSX, how?

Question 
Can someone say me how, step by step please, I want to continue with mapping. Undecided

You mean with the regular 1.5, or the xonotic git version?

i'd also like to use the git version

Of course the xonotic version, the old one I have running already

Ok, then I'm in the same boat you guys are Exclamation

ok, so for all of you mac users out there haveing a real hard time getting the new netradiant to work, here is a little tuitorial on how to do a gorilla weld on the Nexuiz version to add the Xonotic game stuff:

1) open a new finder window

2) search for xonotic.game by using the search bar at the top, NOT by using spotlight

3) find your netradiant.app IN A NEW FINDER WINDOW

4) right-click (control-click) on it and click show package contents

5) open the folder and then open the folder named MacOS

6) drag the FOLDER called xonotic.game from the first window into the install folder of the second window

7) open said install folder and drag the FILE called xonotic.game into the folder called game

8) almost there, now, you search in finder textures and there will be a folder that when you select it, it will have a root folder of xonotic, and if you open it, will have a bunch of folders and few files in it, select all of the folders and control-c them

9) now open the xonotic.game folder and open the default shaders list and controle-v then save it

10) go back to the textures folder and copy-paste it into the data folder in the main xonotic directory

11) now when you open netradiant, pick the xonotic game setting, and the engine source is /Users/<blah>/xonotic

12) and you are done!!!

this could help

(08-28-2010, 03:43 PM)tangerian Wrote: ok, so for all of you mac users out there haveing a real hard time getting the new netradiant to work, here is a little tuitorial on how to do a gorilla weld on the Nexuiz version to add the Xonotic game stuff:

1) open a new finder window

2) search for xonotic.game by using the search bar at the top, NOT by using spotlight

3) find your netradiant.app IN A NEW FINDER WINDOW

4) right-click (control-click) on it and click show package contents

5) open the folder and then open the folder named MacOS

6) drag the FOLDER called xonotic.game from the first window into the install folder of the second window

7) open said install folder and drag the FILE called xonotic.game into the folder called game

8) almost there, now, you search in finder textures and there will be a folder that when you select it, it will have a root folder of xonotic, and if you open it, will have a bunch of folders and few files in it, select all of the folders and control-c them

9) now open the xonotic.game folder and open the default shaders list and controle-v then save it

10) go back to the textures folder and copy-paste it into the data folder in the main xonotic directory

11) now when you open netradiant, pick the xonotic game setting, and the engine source is /Users/<blah>/xonotic

12) and you are done!!!

this could help

I can't find xonotic.game

uh............ crap.....
ok, true step one: type defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles YES into terminal and hit enter

Erm, tangerian, at which step do you actually compile netradiant or add the macports? I have no idea what your guide does, but it certainly doesn't build netradiant.

I already have that.

Xonotic.game is INSIDE THE FOLDER ALREADYYY
But still, I cant find the texture package thing... Sad
E=mc ^ 2 only applies to rest bodies. The one we should be using is E=mc^2 √1 - v^2/c^2 Smile

OK, I need serious help too.

I've git clone'd the netradiant.git without errors, but when I cd to the folder and use "make" as the wiki instructs, I get a dependency error. The wiki says "Resolve any dependencies," but that doesn't help me now does it?

I am a shell n00b (why can't there just be a goshdarn zip file of the latest NetRadiant git, with all the textures and everything?), but it appears to say,
Code:
make: *** [dependencies-check] Error 1
right before it spits me back out to the command prompt.

I am running OSX Snow Leopard, and really hate git now.
Humans... Dodgy

"There is no problem that cannot be solved by a judicious application of carnivorous dinosaurs." -JayIsGames.com

in order for the compile to finish correctly, you have to have all the dependencies it's asking for. in the dependencies check, look for the file's it's not finding, then google those and install them as best you can. some of them you are going to have to intall from the commandline, using macports. so sudo port install bla bla bla. usually the instructions are on the website. once you do that, try to compile again. if it doesn't work still, send a PM to me or merlijin. merlijin is the guy who helped me compile netradiant in the first place.

good luck Smile
Master of mysterious geometries

Imgur Gallery

I have macports (IDK how to set them up or if I need to or what a PATH is) and Xcode.

When I run
Code:
sudo port install gtkglext pkgconfig glib2-devel libxml2 gtk2 pango atk gettext wget
I get this:
Code:
--->  Computing dependencies for gtkglext
--->  Cleaning gtkglext
--->  Cleaning pkgconfig
--->  Computing dependencies for glib2-develError: Unable to execute port: Can't install glib2-devel because conflicting ports are installed: glib2
To report a bug, see <http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets>

A few days ago I ran this same thing and it pulled in dependicies for a while and then gave me this same error. How do I uninstall glib2? what is it?

try removing glib2 from the list of things you are installing.

Imgur Gallery

That's what I was trying to ask... ... how do I do that?

OK, reinstalling MacPorts fixed the [dependencies-check] error, but now I'm getting the exact same error as nowego4. So, again, I'm in the same boat as him. (Personally, I suspect my computer of plagiarizing his error log. Tongue )

Also, in case it's relevant, the wiki is SO VERY NOT HELPFUL Angry when it comes to this kind of stuff; it seems to assume that you've written a college thesis on computer science (and/or are a "real man" and don't need no stinkin' directions). It's safe to assume that a decent step-by-step guide "for dummies" would be greatly appreciated by many.
Humans... Dodgy

"There is no problem that cannot be solved by a judicious application of carnivorous dinosaurs." -JayIsGames.com

no i mean, the thing you typed in.

instead of pasting "sudo port install gtkglext pkgconfig glib2-devel libxml2 gtk2 pango atk gettext wget"

instead paste "sudo port install gtkglext pkgconfigl libxml2 gtk2 pango atk gettext wget" (i removed glib2-devel)

and see if that works.

Imgur Gallery

ok, it didn't give me any errors or anything (well you had a typo but no big deal), the last it said was ---> Cleaning wget before giving my command prompt. Now what? I feel ignorant.
do I type
Code:
make
? the COMPILING document is unclear.
Also thanks for spending time on this
Smile Blush

there is one thing. I figured out that the latest xquartz update breaks NetRadiant for some reason. so before you do anything, download xquartz version 2.6.0 and install it. then open up the netradiant folder and find the file called makefile.conf open it and set the line MACVERSION= to 15.

then type:
Code:
make clean
make

oh, and when xquartz asks you to update, don't do it Wink

Imgur Gallery

gives me:
Code:
make: *** No rule to make target `clean'.  Stop.
?

Perhaps
Code:
make clean gtkglext pkgconfig libxml2 gtk2 pango atk gettext wget
?

IDK Sad

Also the Makefile.conf looks like this for me:
Code:
# empty Makefile.conf template

## OS X:
# BUILD=debug
# RADIANT_ABOUTMSG=Custom build
# EXE=ub

## Fink
## (-arch ppc can combined with -arch 386, I read somewhere. However does work fine like this on OSX 10.6)
# LDFLAGS=-arch i386
# CFLAGS=-arch i386
# TARGET_ARCH=-arch i386
# MACLIBDIR=/sw/lib

## On some versions of OSX you may get compile errors regarding glTexImage1D, uncomment this to fix it
#MACVERSION ?= 15
#CPPFLAGS_COMMON += -DMACVERSION="$(MACVERSION)"
#MACVERSION ?= was set to 16, I changed to 15, was this correct?

yes.

also, if make clean does nothing, then just try make.

Imgur Gallery

I entered:
Code:
make clean gtkglext pkgconfig libxml2 gtk2 pango atk gettext wget

and it says
Code:
make: *** No rule to make target `clean'.  Stop.

So I enter:
Code:
make gtkglext pkgconfig libxml2 gtk2 pango atk gettext wget

and it says
Code:
make: *** No rule to make target `gtkglext'.  Stop.

?

no, just "make" you don't need anything else afterward

Imgur Gallery

Ok, back up, after I run the "sudo port install" thing I just type "make"? That gives me this:
Code:
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [NEED HELP] How to use textures for radiant(win version)? (solved) Kotangens 4 2,972 08-12-2020, 01:33 AM
Last Post: Kotangens
  [NEED HELP] NetRadiant crashes on Build - Mac (10.12.6) Space Ace 0 1,658 04-24-2019, 10:41 PM
Last Post: Space Ace
  [NEED HELP] NetRadiant doesn't compile on Mac nokko 3 2,745 03-29-2019, 11:19 AM
Last Post: Freddy
  [BUG] Fkeys F-keys F keys not working Mac OS Sierra 0.8.22 Space Ace 8 4,253 10-02-2017, 10:04 PM
Last Post: Space Ace
  [NEED HELP] Mac OSX Crashing very often and randomly -MCSquare- 0 2,149 01-30-2016, 12:08 AM
Last Post: -MCSquare-
  [SOLVED] Trouble with launch Xonotic on Mac OS X kanatov 6 11,175 10-03-2015, 10:49 AM
Last Post: SomeGuy
  [SOLVED] Version 8.0 won't start on OSX Yosemite oger 12 14,437 07-04-2015, 12:28 PM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  [NEED HELP] Xonotic 0.8 completely froze my Mac a few times Player110 0 2,117 06-23-2015, 02:16 PM
Last Post: Player110
  [SOLVED] net radiant - no textures Raxno 5 5,997 11-08-2014, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  [SOLVED] [Autobuild] Note to Mac users Mario 0 3,257 10-17-2014, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Mario