Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 19 Vote(s) - 4.37 Average
Screenshots of what you're doing.

No, really: It's LibreOffice Calc. LibreOffice comes with Ubuntu 11.04, you can try finding it in your package manager, or download them from their site for Windows and Mac packages.

I was thinking about programming a window in LMMS that displayed this kind of information, and then making the points draggable so that you could interact with it, but that's distant future I think.
(08-10-2012, 02:37 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Cloud is the new Web 2.0. It makes no damn sense to me.

Yeah, after I posted I searched the internet for "calc" and it shows the LibreOffice Calc! *.* Next time you could explain it, ok? Wink

This isn't really from Xonotic, but Vore Tournament. Still, if the feature will become possible, I'd TOTALLY love to see this in Xonotic too! It will require some shader changes to allow printing the actual ammo value on a model display. Currently, I use some randomized numbers until that is done, and the screen only works for good looks. Anyway, here is my weapon model ammo display. The vixens approve.

[Image: ta6zcmm12mkx5jqq546w_thumb.jpg] [Image: 2pkkj9i4gj0di9gnu32_thumb.jpg] [Image: 5skn9msssp5khulgsuc_thumb.jpg] [Image: zehut3fkedovm06ixi17_thumb.jpg] [Image: zegsmletmtz2k3lekhr_thumb.jpg] [Image: tc9mshf5eqg4u7z8te_thumb.jpg] [Image: rftagmhjnhnwp9coezw_thumb.jpg]

Gooooood stuff, MirceaKitsune!

I remeber theese things were always making me excited in UT'99 back in 1999.

No, I'm not ironic. I really like it Smile Keep hoch da gut job! Ja!
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

Should that be German unfa? Smile Anyway well done and a nice idea MirceaKitsune!

Thank you Smile Yes, these displays do remind me of UT99 as well!

As discussed on IRC, I'm waiting for divVerent to implement an engine change that will allow these to work via shaders. I might post a tutorial after that on how they are done, so model artists can perhaps change some of the weapons in Xonotic to add this to them.

Note that in my case, the two large digits indicate the weapon load (as the gun in my game is reloadable by default). The other three show the fuel you have in your inventory. It should be a lot like the weapon displays seen in Doom 3, which look something like this.

This will clear up the current HUD clutter as well, so you'll be able to put flag info in place of ammo list. Good idea indeed.
(08-10-2012, 02:37 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Cloud is the new Web 2.0. It makes no damn sense to me.

(08-04-2011, 02:07 PM)Minkovsky Wrote: This will clear up the current HUD clutter as well, so you'll be able to put flag info in place of ammo list. Good idea indeed.

I don't believe a display on the weapon model can replace the actual HUD. Of course, if anyone is comfy with it, the ammo panel can be disabled in the HUD editor for the weapon display to be used Smile I wouldn't agree with that by default however. I mostly like the idea of a weapon display for good looks, but it is a wonderful thing.

It's not as far from the crosshairs as well. I have a hard time constantly glancing down to figure out how much ammo I have. Of course I'm a tyro at this, but it might still be a consideration.
Proverbs 25:8 Go not forth hastily to strive, lest thou know not what to do in the end thereof, when thy neighbour hath put thee to shame.

[Image: z2y80x9d6hf3d200pmq_thumb.jpg]
[Image: 2m1xbyb36kj9e6d6ioj_thumb.jpg]
[Image: 7hm73wfb51jj5t0nric_thumb.jpg]
[Image: 002r2r15lt2yqrdvpygt_thumb.jpg]
[Image: gi7nlxmwtcby5zan1yen_thumb.jpg]
[Image: 85zlbybv9el3n5taf1u_thumb.jpg]
<Halogene> ok "n1" means "nice one"
<Halogene> "gl" means "good luck"
<Halogene> "fu" means "wow that was wickedly nice that frag"
Frogg on Instagram

Wow..... That looks awesome!

But I think you should retexture the stairs displayed in screenshot 1. They just make me think too much of Afterslime. And they just don't fit, if you get what I mean.

Splendid work kuniu the frogg! Keep it up with that map Smile

I'm still screwing around in Radiant y'know.

Once I build my house and the things around it for nearly a half a year. It mainly consists of brushwork but nevertheless it was a good practise. So remember: Practise makes perfect! (This should motivate you! Big Grin)

(08-08-2011, 07:47 AM)kuniu the frogg Wrote: ...

Looking forward to using this texture set in my own maps, looks so good in this and Strahlemann's.

You said this was a remake of a UT map?

@ kuniu: awesome!
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

@Kuniu: Awesome, you want some music for that?
@Minkovsky: keep trying and it'll be awesome too Smile
@MirceaKitsune: it's amazing how minimalistic is Doom III's HUD!!
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

@ kuniu the frogg
Looks amazing

Still working in a turtle pace. Guess that's because every part in my maps gets deleted and re-made at least 5 or 6 times.
[Image: mda6yt4plx1k1ddagkzf_thumb.jpg]
[Image: tu6pigrx37cpzij4o0k1_thumb.jpg]

That, well, is a jumppad.
[Image: c3vrhziocnu7pjuzq57p_thumb.jpg]
[Image: w53lsdgrc7r2ssutar_thumb.jpg]

Some interiors:
[Image: cluzvb17sdgzyy9hgnwa_thumb.jpg]
[Image: 5epbs85t0arunbmdj3ey_thumb.jpg]

And now to the fun part: I can't compile this. Q3Map2 steadily fails on safe_malloc after eating up about 2 Gb of RAM. Tried using LAA (Large Address Aware) tool on it and compiled myself several blue screens with that modified q3map2. Obviously, a x64 windows binaries are needed here, yet I have no idea where to get (or how to compile) them.

That concept looks very interesting, Lord Canistra

Ah I remember seeing the this a while back. Glad to see you're taking your time though. All the best with compiling it. Smile

Looks impressive Lord Canistra! And you have already over 4200 brushes in your map! Greeeeaaaat! Big Grin

I tried something out today:
[Image: catacombs.th.png]
It only consist of brushes and patches, no textures, only a grey colour.

(08-12-2011, 11:41 AM)Maddin Wrote: I tried something out today:
[Image: catacombs.th.png]
It only consist of brushes and patches, no textures, only a grey colour.

I vant to vuck vour vlood!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [NEED HELP] Weapon shader isn't doing as I'm intending to do LegendGuard 0 1,093 04-04-2022, 07:23 AM
Last Post: LegendGuard
  Videos of what you're doing. FruitieX 134 154,286 04-01-2017, 04:50 AM
Last Post: SpiKe