Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[SUGGESTION] Spectator mode.

I thought it would be cool if in Xonotic when you are in spectator mode you could press [mouse 1] to toggle between first person mode and third person mode. It would be nice to be able to choose. Then scroll mouse wheel to switch between the players.

What do you think?

Cheers!
MintOX
[Image: di-712770583645.png]

Most of that is already possible.

Just try this in your spec bindmap:

Code:
bind mouse1 "toggle chase_active"
bind mwheeldown "+attack"

Unfortunately mwheelup does not go to previous player, is there a command to do that?

And you have to manually activate that bindmap (unless you put it on the end of your spec and play aliases).

Edit: By default mouse1 is +attack and mwheeldown is wepprev, the ideal way of implementing this (imo) is making wepprev and wepnext change which player you spec, and +attack toggle 3rd/1st person when specing.
[Image: vN3NkMA]
(Idea stolen from Mr. Bougo. Hehehehe)

No, you can't cycle backwards in the player list.

And he'll be a little annoyed if he wants to play after that, with his binds messed up Tongue

Better cycling for the playerlist would be great. Sucks to miss the person you want to spectate on a 20-person server.
(07-18-2010, 10:59 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: How could anyone with ADHD tell its a high damage weapon if it wasn't a gigantic metal cock fucking the map whenever a player gets within 3 meters of a wall?

yes it really sucks...
i always miss the person ^^ and then i miss it again Tongue

nice idea
info:
This message was written with 100% recycled electrons!!! Angel
No trees were destroyed and no animals were harmed.

It would be really cool if we could use the base spectate (scoreboard?) screen to attach directly to a player's view; each player has an eye (or some other) icon next to it, and clicking that icon makes you spectate that player. Players who have joined a team and are in active play do not see the icon.
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

Yes, or just clicking on that player's scoreboard entry.
(07-18-2010, 10:59 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: How could anyone with ADHD tell its a high damage weapon if it wasn't a gigantic metal cock fucking the map whenever a player gets within 3 meters of a wall?

I think some reason spectator mode doesn't appear for me. Does anyone else have this issue.It would be nice to have a feature where you can spectator a game without ever having to play. For example, I was in a 7 player match, and all I wanted to do was watch the game, but not to play it.

(07-21-2010, 01:36 AM)expt Wrote: It would be nice to have a feature where you can spectator a game without ever having to play. For example, I was in a 7 player match, and all I wanted to do was watch the game, but not to play it.
+1
Fat.bot.Slim

Well that's something that has to be done! You should be able to do that!
MY NOOB STATS:
[Image: 788.png]

(07-21-2010, 01:36 AM)expt Wrote: I think some reason spectator mode doesn't appear for me. Does anyone else have this issue.It would be nice to have a feature where you can spectator a game without ever having to play. For example, I was in a 7 player match, and all I wanted to do was watch the game, but not to play it.

Couldn't you have just pressed f3 to enter spectator mode?
[Image: 370.png] AKA [~] John Smith on Nexuiz

(07-21-2010, 09:34 AM)ThePWTULN Wrote: Couldn't you have just pressed f3 to enter spectator mode?
He means that spectators should not count towards the amount of players in the server, I think.
(07-21-2010, 10:43 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Whoa, that spambot is awesome

http://getsatisfaction.com/omgpop/topics...tator_mode

Hm, who is the spambot? I'm assuming it is not mintox? Tongue
Also, do you google every post to see if it was posted elsewhere? Tongue

Dang! I'd like to see the inside of that spambot, could be interesting...
On topic, this is a very good idea, I'd like to see it in game.

How ironic that a spambot should actually contribute useful information.
Just last night I was playing nexuiz and pressed f3 before I started playing, but it wouldn't let me spectate Exclamation

It should.

Would this require a lot of coding?

(07-23-2010, 07:51 AM)nowego4 Wrote: How ironic that a spambot should actually contribute useful information.
Just last night I was playing nexuiz and pressed f3 before I started playing, but it wouldn't let me spectate Exclamation

Maybe I am totally wrong, but if I remember well a server can force everybody to play, not allowing spectating...

If that's the case it should maybe be clearer with a warning...

Spectating directly on the server puts strain on it. What we need is some sort of live streaming from tournaments instead :p
Links to my: SoundCloud and bandcamp accounts

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SUGGESTION] Sumo game mode BuddyFriendGuy 2 1,977 02-24-2023, 02:32 AM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  [SUGGESTION] Some "modern" Suggestions (Wipeout Mode, Electro Color) NoClue 1 1,980 10-05-2020, 12:13 PM
Last Post: Mario
Lightbulb [SUGGESTION] A NEW GAME MODE - HIDE AND SEEK! Kotangens 5 3,666 07-30-2020, 01:30 PM
Last Post: Kotangens
  [SUGGESTION] Destroyable Health mode. Magician 11 7,714 03-06-2018, 12:18 PM
Last Post: martin-t
  [SUGGESTION] Relic Duels (game mode) munyul 5 4,831 02-11-2018, 10:59 AM
Last Post: martin-t
  [SUGGESTION] Borderless (Fullscreen) Windowed Mode Iokast 0 3,210 07-04-2016, 01:01 PM
Last Post: Iokast
  [SUGGESTION] Zombie mode verretor 4 5,233 09-18-2013, 01:25 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  [SUGGESTION] CTF/FT hybrid game mode end user 9 11,399 08-01-2013, 10:16 PM
Last Post: Mario
  [SUGGESTION] Portal-like/Puzzle/Gauntlet game mode? Re.Boot 10 13,076 06-26-2013, 03:39 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  [SUGGESTION] Alt fire mode for Nex instead of scope? Smilecythe 28 31,397 03-01-2013, 03:21 PM
Last Post: MirceaKitsune