Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
[SUGGESTION] Can we have fireball traps like in quake?

In the original quake at the first level where you choose between easy medium and hard there lava and a part where a fireball shoots up and down.

Xonotic does not have this capability, sadly.

Could this capability be added. Maybe other trap projectiles like frost that can freeze you like in the freeze-tag mode. Maybe energy beam, enegy ball, maybe arrows and spikes? These need not be smart projectiles, dumb as a rock is fine. Maybe rockets for those that like to make tech like maps?

Also could triggerable func_rotating happen? I tried to make a giant buzz saw that you can turn on/off but func_rotating ignores triggers.

Honestly, I'm trying to make a trap / gauntlet run map but my options are limited to pit traps and crushing traps.

Oh, another trap type: release of mosters trap! Well we'd have to have monsters.

Congrats on the release.

Hey! I like the idea!
Have no idea how to help you (otherwise than supporting the idea with my voice).

Maybe I could record some monster sounds or sketch some creatures Wink
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

Suddenly, L4D'ish gamemod for Xonotic?

(09-18-2011, 01:16 AM)unfa Wrote: Hey! I like the idea!
Have no idea how to help you (otherwise than supporting the idea with my voice).

Maybe I could record some monster sounds or sketch some creatures Wink

http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=841

A developer of the game said he's interested in a monster wave gamemode. For that would have to be created the monsters we could then put in traps.

why dont you start doing stuff? instead of asking others to do it?
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

Cause that's all he does.

(09-18-2011, 01:50 PM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Cause that's all he does.

if he seriously want all that stuff, he would start doing it.
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

He agrees with you, for contributing makes you valuable. But he simply does not have the skill.

func_rotating is trigerrable, just not directly. Use the relay_* entities, in this manner:
(trigger)→relay_activate→func_rotating
(trigger)→relay_deactivate→func_rotating
(trigger)→relay_activatetoggle→func_rotating.
(08-10-2012, 02:37 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Cloud is the new Web 2.0. It makes no damn sense to me.

(09-18-2011, 02:20 PM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: He agrees with you, for contributing makes you valuable. But he simply does not have the skill.

Indeed, some people DO have limitations. I am one of those people.
Some people will NEVER be scientists no matter how hard they try to study, some do not have the intellectual capability to be successful doctors and the like. I don't have the intellectual ability to understand the code enough to implement anything but the simplist of features.

My limit is at if-then, and for loops (barely). Transforms are beyond me. I've tried.

Thinking up features or supporting ones someone else wants is within my grasp however.

Honestly... you people live in communities where there are only smart capable people? I'm dumb and just cannot grasp the code, I have tried for years.
(09-18-2011, 03:07 PM)Minkovsky Wrote: func_rotating is trigerrable, just not directly. Use the relay_* entities, in this manner:
(trigger)→relay_activate→func_rotating
(trigger)→relay_deactivate→func_rotating

How do I have it so the func_rotating is turn off at the beginning and has to be toggled?

would turn it off I think, how do I say "be of by default"

off by default? Easy, just trigger the relay_deactivate with something that happens at map start.
(08-10-2012, 02:37 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Cloud is the new Web 2.0. It makes no damn sense to me.

(09-19-2011, 12:35 AM)Minkovsky Wrote: off by default? Easy, just trigger the relay_deactivate with something that happens at map start.

Like what?

I need the func_rotating to be in the exact position I want it to be in too. When initially deactivated.
I want to have a huge circular saw that intersects a hallway, but who's teeth, at map start atleast, allow you to pass through since they are not, at that point, blocking the hallway... yet.

There's a function for this in good old GPL quake 1. Copy that.
What's the function's name? It's used alot in the castle levels in quake 1.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Is adding a Quake-like laser to the main game a good idea? cushinga 2 1,075 03-28-2023, 04:59 PM
Last Post: ballerburg9005
  [SUGGESTION] [QoL] Disable hearing your own SFXs so you can focus more on what matters lerh050 0 630 09-06-2022, 11:18 AM
Last Post: lerh050
Lightbulb [SUGGESTION] Nexiuz-like tutorial for beginners agvant1b0 1 2,411 05-19-2022, 09:10 AM
Last Post: Freddy
  [SUGGESTION] Power-ups like in Quake/Nexuiz Classic DrAndi 2 2,661 02-06-2022, 01:35 AM
Last Post: z411
  [BUG] Sniper Rifle Can Shoot Through Walls Space Ace 3 2,812 03-09-2018, 06:32 AM
Last Post: Julius
  [SUGGESTION] Maps that promote Tribes-like gameplay Lee_Stricklin 3 3,316 08-26-2017, 05:15 PM
Last Post: hox3d
  [SUGGESTION] need more sunny maps like Solarium zwz 15 14,446 10-25-2015, 01:01 AM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  [SUGGESTION] Suggestion: Need tribes like outdoor map; need bot learn to use jetpack or hook zwz 30 35,331 12-21-2013, 03:12 PM
Last Post: tZork
  [SUGGESTION] Portal-like/Puzzle/Gauntlet game mode? Re.Boot 10 13,077 06-26-2013, 03:39 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  [SUGGESTION] Can we get rid of this matter? Smilecythe 40 32,115 11-18-2012, 12:23 PM
Last Post: asyyy