Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[SUGGESTION] Overheated weapons

how about adding weapon overheating for HLAC and Crylink's secondary fire? More shoots - more heats, and explodes when temperature at the maximum.
I use google translator to write the message, so do not blame me in my illiterate speech

(04-13-2010, 05:27 AM)Karbofos Wrote: how about adding weapon overheating for HLAC and Crylink's secondary fire? More shoots - more heats, and explodes when temperature at the maximum.

That would rock for the HLAC and complement the unstable feel it has when the recoil causes it to spray everything. The crylink on the other hand should act like a crylink, preferably like something that was in 2.3.

not sure where i'd stand on this..
if i understand you right, it would mean the more you used the gun the more you'd have to watch your shots or the gun would explode.. to compensate the balancing of the gun you'd presumably make it more effective. so annoying if someone shoots you with a powerful gun because they unlike you haven't been alive as long to get overheated.

i think he means that the longer you hold the fire button, the longer the heat builds up. once you release the fire button, it cools back down. so basically, you cant just run around spamming with hlac, you have to occasionally stop shooting, and let it cool down.
Master of mysterious geometries

Imgur Gallery

You could also increase the spread while getting hot...
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

it would be fun with a mod with or even standard something like this.
random weapon jam. something in the range of 1/1000 or the like.

- "oh, yeah rite just try hide there im gonna get you with the nex!"
- *click* "!? 8|"
- *click* "! ._."
- *bang*
- "aaahaarrr! Yes there we go! Big Grin"

Would also be fun if some weapons could misfire and blow up with a chance like 1/2000 or something. Sort of like this after: 1:15 but without laser of course.

Jamming is the most annoying thing ever. I hope it's never in this game.

(04-14-2010, 10:35 AM)Roanoke Wrote: Jamming is the most annoying thing ever. I hope it's never in this game.
Is that a: "Its always annoying."

Or: "Its can be annoying, depending on settings." ?

(04-14-2010, 10:35 AM)Roanoke Wrote: Jamming is the most annoying thing ever. I hope it's never in this game.

I agree 100%.

Fighting with your weapon to fire is never fun.

(04-14-2010, 04:32 PM)vbraun Wrote:

I agree 100%.

Fighting with your weapon to fire is never fun.

It's not nearly as fun as opening up msconfig and regedit to manually put an end to some annoyance that ended up on the school computer AFTER you spend about half an hour hacking past the rogues and the administrative settings. This actually happened to me my senior year of high school. I was in the in-school-suspension (which is like vacation as long as you control yourself in there, I actually slept in there everyday and the teacher didn't care) room bored and I ended trying to chase down a virtumonde that ended up on the system and next thing you know I've figured out how to break through all the admin crap and basically do whatever I want (except get that damn trojan off! oh well). Even cooler is later that week me and a friend got out of class one day to help out a teacher clean up a computer (it was loaded with a TON of malware, the official story is we were getting help on some homework) which we succeeded in doing thanks to both our skill sets combined and free tools that work. Anyway weapon jamming sucks and it would ruin the gameplay.

(04-14-2010, 04:14 PM)paperclips Wrote: Is that a: "Its always annoying."

Or: "Its can be annoying, depending on settings." ?
Let me put it this way: Implementing jamming would cause me to go into a homicidal rage.

(04-14-2010, 05:02 PM)Lee_Stricklin Wrote: It's not nearly as fun as opening up msconfig and regedit to manually put an end to some annoyance that ended up on the school computer AFTER you spend about half an hour hacking past the rogues and the administrative settings. This actually happened to me my senior year of high school. I was in the in-school-suspension (which is like vacation as long as you control yourself in there, I actually slept in there everyday and the teacher didn't care) room bored and I ended trying to chase down a virtumonde that ended up on the system and next thing you know I've figured out how to break through all the admin crap and basically do whatever I want (except get that damn trojan off! oh well). Even cooler is later that week me and a friend got out of class one day to help out a teacher clean up a computer (it was loaded with a TON of malware, the official story is we were getting help on some homework) which we succeeded in doing thanks to both our skill sets combined and free tools that work.
Cool story bro.

(04-14-2010, 05:02 PM)Lee_Stricklin Wrote: Anyway weapon jamming sucks and it would ruin the gameplay.

Agreed.

I hope that wall of text I posted gives an idea of just how much "fun" jamming would be.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

Sounds too haloish to me. Just my two cents.

(04-15-2010, 07:16 AM)DiaboliK Wrote: Sounds too haloish to me. Just my two cents.

Jamming or overheating?

overheating.

(04-15-2010, 07:16 AM)DiaboliK Wrote: Sounds too haloish to me. Just my two cents.
WTH is haloish? Yes, I live in a cave.

wow awesome!, a cave with electricity and internetaccess? sign me up! Big Grin

just in case you where really wondering(?) haloish = similarity to the computer and console game Halo

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SUGGESTION] Limited weapon slots & customizable spawn weapons MirceaKitsune 38 34,484 09-14-2014, 04:19 AM
Last Post: end user
  [SUGGESTION] Community Design Workshop: singleplayer weapons tutorial s1lence 4 7,583 07-03-2013, 07:43 PM
Last Post: Mirio
  [SUGGESTION] Real Weapons Miguel 27 26,808 11-16-2012, 09:55 PM
Last Post: HellYeah
Star [SUGGESTION] New ammo type for hitscan weapons s1lence 18 19,396 10-04-2012, 12:53 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  [SUGGESTION] Anti Vehicles Weapons philosphy Majki 10 10,253 04-14-2012, 02:05 PM
Last Post: freefang
  [SUGGESTION] Cut down on the number of weapons poVoq 109 93,513 02-04-2012, 01:44 PM
Last Post: s1lence
  [SUGGESTION] Decrease amount of carryable weapons? Sarge999 38 37,955 11-24-2011, 12:32 PM
Last Post: Sarge999
  [SUGGESTION] 5 secs respawn for weapons as default lda17h 15 15,810 11-22-2011, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Lee_Stricklin
  [SUGGESTION] Weapons function tZork 208 227,052 06-30-2011, 08:11 AM
Last Post: Mirio
  [SUGGESTION] Projectiles/weapons fire match player color Lee_Stricklin 6 7,854 06-07-2011, 09:55 AM
Last Post: emrys merlin