Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 17 Vote(s) - 2.82 Average
Ask your questions about Xonotic here

First one is industrial_nex, probably. You can look it up in Republic server - there I have it repacked to fix q3/nex weapon compatibility. Call vote, and get it from the dlcache.

PS. Its a briliant map. If anyone is up to porting good maps to Xon, I advice working on this one (but pls, dont put clutter/fancy ideas in it).

(08-11-2012, 11:21 AM)_Subzero_ Wrote: First one is industrial_nex, probably. You can look it up in Republic server - there I have it repacked to fix q3/nex weapon compatibility. Call vote, and get it from the dlcache.

PS. Its a briliant map. If anyone is up to porting good maps to Xon, I advice working on this one (but pls, dont put clutter/fancy ideas in it).

Could you maybe upload it externally and post a link here, would appreciate it ? Smile

I dont really want to run through servers just to find maps. Thats why I asked here. I hope thats ok. Wink

Thanks anyways.

Wolfseye
[Image: QD2BT.png]

I think the second one is one of sev's? Don't remember the name :[

Edit:

Industrial:

.jpg   industrial.jpg (Size: 5.83 KB / Downloads: 163)

This is the one I meant, Treasure Island:

.jpg   treasure_island.jpg (Size: 7.75 KB / Downloads: 160)

Both can be found here:

Maps dot Nexuizninjaz dot Com
"Yes, there was a spambot some time ago on these forums." - aa

http://xonotic-gaming.org/_files/Maps/1v...nex_r1.pk3
Second one I don't know.

2nd: Treasure Island by sev:

http://maps.nexuizninjaz.com/treasureisl...mplete.pk3

[Image: treasureisland_v1r1_complete.jpg]
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

Yes, the second one sounds like Treasure Island.
Some years ago I revised it, though version 2 isn't in the NN repo,
so AFAIK it's not available as external resource for gameservers.

Here's the mediafire link:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/dsdi12mw0u...and_v2.pk3

[Image: 8b3pnzwh3n67s9hv2gob_thumb.jpg]

I'll give a big fat rep point to whoever uploads their Nexuiz 2.5.2 data.pk3 here so I can play the maps bundled with it! Big Grin

(08-12-2012, 02:40 AM)sev Wrote: Yes, the second one sounds like Treasure Island.
Some years ago I revised it, though version 2 isn't in the NN repo,
so AFAIK it's not available as external resource for gameservers.

Here's the mediafire link:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/dsdi12mw0u...and_v2.pk3

[Image: 8b3pnzwh3n67s9hv2gob_thumb.jpg]

You just made my day, m8. Wink

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

Smile

Also thanks to the others for their efforts !

Cheers

Wolfseye
[Image: QD2BT.png]

(08-12-2012, 11:12 AM)rocknroll237 Wrote: I'll give a big fat rep point to whoever uploads their Nexuiz 2.5.2 data.pk3 here so I can play the maps bundled with it! Big Grin

http://sourceforge.net/projects/nexuiz/f...p/download

I was hoping to get just the data.pk3, but I guess 888mb isn't too bad.

Uploading it here like you requested would have been quite a feat. I don't think the forum supports 800Mb attachments :p

Most of the size comes from the data.pk3, it's really not worth reuploading it all Tongue

Fair enough! Tongue

Hello I am new to the forums and I have 2 questions:

1. How to disable player names above models?
  2. How to enable autospawn? So that I don't have to click the button every time I die to spawn.
Looked through settings but couldn't find these.

I have been playing this for a while and I'd like to thank everyone who made this game - developers, contributors, sever maintainers, everyone.
voice_)))))
[Image: 11693.png]

1. go to Multiplayer>player setup> HUD settings and untick "Show names above players"

not sure about 2, i don't even know if there's a console variable for that.

For 2. there is a server setting g_forced_respawn, but I don't think there is an actual client side cvar to auto spawn after death.

Thanks guys.

I found g_forced_respawn in advanced settings, but it seems to only affect the "single player", doesn't work for servers.
voice_)))))
[Image: 11693.png]

That's what PinkRobot meant by g_forced_respawn not being clientside. It's up to servers admin to enable it or not.

I am running free software from GNU.org and I am wondering is it safe to run your game on Trisquel like does this game comply? you can check out the site at https://trisquel.info just wondering I wanna stay free also what do I do if I cant find a free AMD graphic driver that’s none proprietary i wannabe free as much as possible.Also I was complaining about the engine before infact windows version run like poop i run this on gnu/ linux and its perfect.

Xonotic is licensed in its entirety (code as well as artwork) under the GPLv2. It therefore is free software with the restriction that it infects derivative works generated from it with the GPLv2. This means you have the freedoms stipulated in http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.en.html.

If you don't find a free AMD graphics driver, I would see three options:
  • Search harder Cool
  • Buy a new (non-AMD) GPU
  • Allow proprietary AMD graphics driver on your system as an exception
Sadly, the AMD linux drivers that are available either offer poor performance or buggy OpenGL support IIRC. Though the problems reported with AMD graphics got less on this forum.
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

Thanks i have made my final stand i am leaving thsi Distro and getting Game Drift now i am a true gamer thanks alot for the info.

For the record - Xonotic does work on the free amd radeon drivers, only the performance is rather low (though it's playable depending on the options chosen)
My contributions to Xonotic: talking in the forum, talking some more, talking a bit in the irc, talking in the forum again, XSkie

(08-22-2012, 05:27 AM)kidx Wrote: Thanks i have made my final stand i am leaving thsi Distro and getting Game Drift now i am a true gamer thanks alot for the info.

So you have chosen option 3, or rather stepped back from the entire "everything must be free" idea Big Grin that was quick Tongue
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

Regarding demos, I wonder how can I delete them? And where can I find the demos if I want to pass them to friend?

Demos are in your personal data directory, in the demos subdirectory. If you don't know where your personal data directory is, that's where your config.cfg is stored. If you still don't know where that is, open the xonotic console (shift escape in the menu or ingame) and type in it: which config.cfg which will then tell you where that file is located.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Rainbow Your Favorite Maps cushinga 6 1,703 03-14-2023, 08:26 PM
Last Post: [CISN] Neigdoig
Rainbow What's your favorite color? Or which color you use in game? Kotangens 1 1,228 09-01-2022, 06:52 PM
Last Post: ballerburg9005
  FPS Showdown - Go submit your best frags! Smilecythe 4 4,439 02-19-2017, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Antares*
  Why is your server empth 24/7 slowtwitch 10 8,090 06-27-2016, 10:37 PM
Last Post: end user
Information We want your help Samual 35 35,166 10-11-2013, 07:48 PM
Last Post: Leroy
  Preparation: what's your nationality / native language? unfa 147 153,912 06-22-2013, 06:37 PM
Last Post: Wii-Wii
  WoX-BloX needs your help! CuBe0wL 14 11,550 06-26-2012, 05:43 PM
Last Post: CuBe0wL
  Here's my fair share Scorpion 8 8,194 10-31-2010, 05:50 PM
Last Post: PGP_Qz
  Pythonistas, please raise your hand Dokujisan 13 10,749 10-15-2010, 06:25 AM
Last Post: Spyroviper
  ITT: post your WASD teams 9 10,717 06-28-2010, 09:48 AM
Last Post: Lee_Stricklin