Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goodbye, Xonotic forums.

Like in last year, I am going away for holidays, and wont be able to do anything with computers for two months, eg playing, mapping, modeling, texturing, playing, etc

I decided to share some of my workings, in case somebody might find them interesting, educational, or make them a basis for their own work.

First of all, maps:

Latest stage of ContactI

The map screenshots of which i posted in Screenshots of What You Are Doing.

Models:

A crylink model i have been working on. Very early stage.
[Image: 0_b77e2_77ae66e6_XXXL.jpg]This is the concept drawing of it.

A map prop, a "tillable" crate.

I will add more soon,as soon as I finish working on it.

The very early stage of your crylink model looks beautiful! If the final form looks similar in shape, I hope it will replace the current model by default.

Have great holidays whereever you go!
LoverTaleb

The concept drawing of Crylink is very small (as on paper, that limits detail and editability), and even worse, done in pen, as i did not know at the time I am going to make an awesome drawing. All attempts to replicate it failed, as it usually happens to outstanding work: it cant be replicated.

And I am not sure I can model it correctly, to transmit the shapes right...
[Image: 0_e8735_c58a251e_orig]

Bye, aa! See you after vacations! Have fun and remember to watch your step in the mountains. Try to get some inspiration and watch as much architecture as you can. Remember to sleep well and eat extra vitamins and use ANORAK when it rains (hey! Great map name! I will have to inform Kuniu about that). Don't forget about every day exercises and maths....Tongue From time to time- do some jogging and go to the swimming pool or to the coast. Brush your.... That's Kuniu's part. Anyway: Have a good time!

Sad

You can set yourself as away in your profile! See this link.

Cu!

Er... Well, I got myself a laptop and a small piece of internet here, so I am more or less back in. You might say I should not do this, but this is not, in any way, an exciting vacation. Its Russia, you see...

no mountains? You have quite a lot of them in Russia: http://www.rosjapl.info/rosja/mapy/rosja...ogolna.jpg

I happened to be far away from everything exciting- No mountains, no seas, middle of nowhere, southern western Siberia. Dirty and hot.

So I will try to do some modeling.

You should visit Chernobyl... Russia sucks.

'xcuse me! First of all, Chernobyl is located in Ukraine, second of all, while I am allowed to go there without a visa, it is still ve-ery far away. And the last comment... well it is mostly true.)

Going back tomorrow. Long flights lay ahead!

Please write down here your entire flight! can't wait to read that!
erebus minstanex erebus Angel

10 km walk to the nearest bus stop, waiting 43 minutes for bus to come, about an hour of shaking on Russian roads, and Tadaaa! I am on the helipad!

Helicopter services work on the Marshrutka-Gazel principle: until the helicopter gets full, you are not going anywhere, but i got lucky: I was the last one to squeeze in. The helicopter took off immediately. If you haven't flied in a overloaded pre-collapse helicopter, then i cant help you to understand what it was like.

Then we landed at a real airport. From there i took a dirty third-of-forth-handed Boeing 737 to Moscow. The landing was slightly bumpy, so I had to come out through a new door, (or was that a crack in the hull?). Now I had to wait for for 24 hours for the plane to Dublin.
During that time I:
  • Traveled to the center by ElectiCHka-class train. I was afraid for my things to get stolen, so I started stealing myself...
  • I spent some time going in metro, in random directions. It wass pretty fun...
  • I visited the Retro Car Museum.
  • Ate some food.

The flight to do Dublin was exceptionally smooth... and i wonder why...

(06-29-2013, 03:30 PM)Samual Wrote: You should visit Chernobyl... Russia sucks.

Haha, interestingly, I'm about to do exactly that, this year's November (a few days in Kiev, two-day Chernobyl tour).

(08-18-2013, 02:00 AM)aa Wrote: 10 km walk to the nearest bus stop, waiting 43 minutes for bus to come, about an hour of shaking on Russian roads, and Tadaaa! I am on the helipad!

So... it's safe to say you were in the middle of nowhere, but still managed to have some internet to at least check out the forums and such? Damn, it must be 2013 already! Big Grin
[Image: 9216.png] Web: YouTubeSoundCloudFlickrzykure.de[unconnected]
IRC: #uc.xonotic #xonotic #xonotic.de #xonotic.pickup

(08-18-2013, 04:01 AM)zykure Wrote:

Haha, interestingly, I'm about to do exactly that, this year's November (a few days in Kiev, two-day Chernobyl tour).
Beware of ukranian road police Smile
Also u can lost your hairs there and reproductive ability Big Grin
<machine> dude, i know i suck Smile
<OHSNAP! Mossepo> but you dont like finko-suck, u have potential to be good
Diomedes: Finko: You are the most intelligent guy in this community.

(08-18-2013, 04:01 AM)zykure Wrote: So... it's safe to say you were in the middle of nowhere, but still managed to have some internet to at least check out the forums and such? Damn, it must be 2013 already! Big Grin

Oh yes. Amazing what the modern telcos have done already. I recently traveled to the Ugandan- East Congo border (aka pretty much the end of the world) and tada: EDGE internet access. Not great but sufficient for some forum surfing.

And it's about to get much, much, MUCH better with the Google backed O3B satellite Internet system:
http://www.o3bnetworks.com/

(08-18-2013, 04:09 AM)Finko Wrote:
(08-18-2013, 04:01 AM)zykure Wrote:

Beware of ukranian road police Smile
Also u can lost your hairs there and reproductive ability Big Grin

Money is a good protection against road police!

(08-19-2013, 02:59 AM)aa Wrote: Money is a good protection against road police!

And a sure way to attract them in the first place Sad

Tastes differ....

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thanks & Goodbye! kojn^ 23 20,061 02-16-2014, 06:55 PM
Last Post: DauX
  [FORUMS] A call for help: spambots Mr. Bougo 16 21,949 09-28-2013, 02:14 PM
Last Post: edh