Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's your rig (gaming machine) like?

I encourage moderators to edit this to include more specs, correct any errors I may have made, or to reorganize the entire first post in this thread (this one).

I encourage any players to fill out as much or as little as they want.

Please list the specs of the computer you use to play Xonotic, in as much detail as you are able to, including but not limited to the following:

1) Display

a) Display brand

b) Total display lag

c) Type of display

d) Refresh rate

e) Resolution

2) CPU

3) RAM

f) Quantity

g) Speed

h) Brand

4) Hard drive

i) Type

j) Brand

k) speed

5) Graphics/Video Card
I don't know much about graphics cards so please just list as much as you are able to.

6) Input

l) Just a keyboard and mouse, or something else? Please elaborate to your heart's content.

7) NIC

m) wifi or wired?

n) any special gaming NIC?

o) total lag

8) Anything else I may have missed.

Thanks everyone!Big Grin

What is the purpose of this?
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

...and why is it not in OT?

(10-10-2014, 01:29 AM)machine! Wrote: ...and why is it not in OT?

Yup, moved.

I second Halogene, I don't really want to spend efforts in filling in a form. Why don't you just ask people what they like / are proud of about their gaming rig instead?

I just find it incredibly strange to show up on this forum and to request detailed information about player's computers without stating a reason for what purpose that information is needed and not providing any information about yourself either.
My Xonstats Profile

Sorry guys. I just wanted to see if any players got an edge from their hardware and see if maybe others (including myself) could improve our FPS gaming from it. My system is kind of crappy, that's why I didn't list anything about it.

exec effects-omg.cfg

(10-10-2014, 10:00 AM)machine! Wrote: exec effects-omg.cfg

Thanks. Could you let me know what the best equivalent commands are for mac and windows? I know there are several commands you can use, and that I can Google to find out all those commands, but I'd like to know what are the most appropriate, then maybe I can make this thread less ridiculous than I just realized it is.

Now we're getting somewhere, thank you!

Check out this for reference how fast Xonotic runs on other machines: http://dev.xonotic.org/projects/xonotic/...ments.html

You can execute the command provided by machine from within Xonotic - open console (<shift><ESC>) and type it in there, hit <Enter> to execute it. You can otherwise of course try to set the details to very low with the predefined effects settings (Effects Tab in the Settings window).
My Xonstats Profile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need recommendatons for best wireless PC gaming mice and keyboards for Linux CyberGhost 5 1,044 01-29-2023, 07:45 PM
Last Post: [CISN] Neigdoig
  IPS 144 Hz is great (if your PC can handle it) Lyberta 3 4,901 11-21-2017, 09:18 AM
Last Post: Kirklin
  Show your connection speeds! kojn^ 58 41,649 09-12-2017, 02:19 AM
Last Post: vega
Tongue Underwear brand that looks like the Xonotic logo MirceaKitsune 25 27,677 02-05-2015, 01:42 PM
Last Post: aa
  The Electronic Gaming Federation - Alpha Sign ups! Rangoons 0 9,382 06-25-2014, 10:54 AM
Last Post: Rangoons
  Your 2013 game of the year Lee_Stricklin 8 10,391 04-11-2014, 04:56 AM
Last Post: Smilecythe
  New rig Lee_Stricklin 6 6,912 03-06-2014, 01:25 PM
Last Post: Lee_Stricklin
  What does your username mean? W4RP1G 64 55,384 08-18-2012, 12:44 AM
Last Post: JayWalker
  Best gaming android device under $200. neXus 9 10,079 07-26-2012, 07:57 AM
Last Post: Cyber Killer
  Your history as a fps-player? xvlL 30 23,678 07-17-2012, 07:21 AM
Last Post: Evropi