Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] Mortar model missing

Howdy everyone, I went and downloaded the new Xonotic 0.8.2 and upon playing on a server I noticed that the mortar model isn't shown at all for me. How do I go about getting it/fixing it? Previously the player models wouldn't work so I had deleted Xonotic and than re-installed it. Oh, as I side question that I just remembered, I had started playing about 6 months ago and just recently got started playing again and realized the player data saved to the high scores was saved to a file in the Xonotic folder. I'm assuming there is no way to get my original character data back (Just got done creating a new character.) There are now two Dr. Midgets and they're both me haha.

I assume you played on an outdated server.
Did you try a local match? Does the Mortar model appear there?

Regarding your stats, we will merge the two accounts into one. Smile

(04-26-2017, 03:14 PM)Mirio Wrote: I assume you played on an outdated server.
Did you try a local match? Does the Mortar model appear there?

Regarding your stats, we will merge the two accounts into one. Smile

No, it has nothing to do with outdated servers. I tried on single player and the mortar doesn't appear same with the player models. I thought the player models were fixed when I had done the re-installation, however it seems as though they are still messed up for me.

In regards to the stats, thank ya! Big Grin

Okay that's odd.

We can try two things:

1. Do you have any pk3 files in your data folder (the folder where config.cfg is stored [Windows: ~\savedgames\xonotic\data])?
    If yes, remove them and try again.
  2. Clear your dlcache (~\savedgames\xonotic\data\dlcache) and try it again

I will split this issue into a seperate thread in the help section.

Maybe it's a completely different issues but when i had issues with disappearing (or flickering) models, i fixed it by disabling Vertex Buffer Objects (VBOs). It's somewhere in Settings, i think Video tab, can't check now.
[Image: 30381.jpg]

<packer> when i see martin-t's name my blood pressure increases

<[BOT]Hоtdоg> anyone here lives near martin?
<[BOT]Hоtdоg> will pay monies for shooting him

(04-27-2017, 03:25 AM)martin-t Wrote: Maybe it's a completely different issues but when i had issues with disappearing (or flickering) models, i fixed it by disabling Vertex Buffer Objects (VBOs). It's somewhere in Settings, i think Video tab, can't check now.

This fixed it! Thanks for the tip Big Grin

(04-27-2017, 02:22 AM)Mirio Wrote: Okay that's odd.

We can try two things:

1. Do you have any pk3 files in your data folder (the folder where config.cfg is stored [Windows: ~\savedgames\xonotic\data])?
    If yes, remove them and try again.
  2. Clear your dlcache (~\savedgames\xonotic\data\dlcache) and try it again

I will split this issue into a seperate thread in the help section.
It turned out to be the VBO setting the guy down below mentioned, however thank you for taking the time to help out and due to this I found the help section in the forum. I completely looked over it before haha.

It was fine posting in the questions thread, but it turned out to be a bit more complicated, so I moved it. Big Grin

Good that it is fixed now! Have fun.

This sounds exactly like my issue (see https://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=7366 for a pic of the missing player models) which in my case is tied to some part of OpenGL 2.0 support. IN my case, changing the VBO options didn't make any difference.

Q: What video card and OS are you using?
[Image: 21975.jpg]

Quote:“To summarize the summary of the summary: people are a problem.” - Douglas Adams

My specs:
Code:
Graphics:  Card-1: Intel HD Graphics 5500
          Card-2: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD/ATI] Opal XT [Radeon R7 M265]
          Display Server: X.Org 1.18.4 drivers: ati,radeon (unloaded: fbdev,vesa) Resolution: 1920x1080@60.05hz
          GLX Renderer: Mesa DRI Intel HD Graphics 5500 (Broadwell GT2) GLX Version: 3.0 Mesa 12.0.6

Kubuntu 16.10

For me, mortar and player models are fine, but parts of the directional jumppads on space-elevator disappear when looking from some angles. Disabling VBOs fixes it for me even with openGL 2.0 enabled.

martin-t: Are you using the Intel or the ATI driver when playing Xonotic?

I suspect there are bugs in the Mesa drivers, but it might be hardware specific. In my case I'm using Mesa 13.0.6 so it'd be interesting to see what graphics card & OS Dr. Midget is using.
[Image: 21975.jpg]

Quote:“To summarize the summary of the summary: people are a problem.” - Douglas Adams

I am using the default which should be intel. I never got the AMD card to work so i am stuck with the integrated one.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [NEEDS INFO] how to make the model smoother? (netradiant) Beylet 2 1,154 06-20-2022, 11:50 PM
Last Post: Beylet
  [NEED HELP] Need old rifle model(solved) Kotangens 8 3,149 08-27-2020, 01:42 AM
Last Post: Kotangens
  [BUG] Devastator/mortar glitch (0.8.2 client/0.8.1 server) gd 4 4,223 05-23-2017, 10:40 PM
Last Post: kaadmy
  [NEED HELP] Player model problem hysik 2 3,732 12-15-2015, 11:35 AM
Last Post: hysik
  [NEEDS INFO] Invisible MinstaGib Model Beagle 5 5,456 06-21-2015, 07:49 PM
Last Post: Beagle
  [SOLVED] sdl.dll missing wind8.1 maek234 4 5,686 07-05-2014, 04:15 AM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  [SOLVED] Tree model leaves shader Justin 12 10,672 05-07-2014, 05:06 PM
Last Post: Justin
  [SOLVED] Missing shader previews / lack of authoritative Netradiant help Greaserpirate 6 6,569 09-17-2013, 01:11 AM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  [SOLVED] Compiling NetRadiant: Missing dependencies Maddin 16 16,182 06-04-2013, 12:54 PM
Last Post: aa
  [NEEDS INFO] Compiling on debian squeeze - missing libjpeg-turbo8-dev end user 4 8,964 02-27-2013, 05:29 PM
Last Post: end user