Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 17 Vote(s) - 2.82 Average
Ask your questions about Xonotic here

Wheres my 3rd place world cup badge at? Tongue
[Image: 38443.png]

Floating somewhere in the ether!
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

I'm trying to join #Xonotic IRC channel on QuakeNet via Tor and it says that I'm banned. I connect without Tor just fine. Why is Tor banned?

QuakeNet may allow Tor users ( https://www.quakenet.org/news/226-tor-users-on-quakenet ), but the #xonotic channel does not.
There's been some truly nasty trolls over the years, so a permanent ban of the service was a requirement.
[Image: 230.png]

Here's a quick way to look on a linux system:

Code:
z@zap:~/xonotic % find -iname "*.md3" |grep jump                                        
./xonotic/data/xonotic-maps.pk3dir/models/xonotic_jumppad01/xonotic_launchpad01.md3
./xonotic/data/xonotic-maps.pk3dir/models/xonotic_jumppad01/xonotic_launchpad01_lod1.md3
./xonotic/data/xonotic-maps.pk3dir/models/xonotic_jumppad01/xonotic_jumppad01.md3
./xonotic/data/xonotic-maps.pk3dir/models/xonotic_jumppad01/xonotic_jumppad01_lod1.md3
./xonotic/data/xonotic-maps.pk3dir/models/map_warfare/jumppad.md3
./xonotic/data/xonotic-maps.pk3dir/models/map_warfare/jumppad_lod.md3
z@zap:~/xonotic % find -iname "atelier.map"                                             
./xonotic/data/xonotic-maps.pk3dir/maps/atelier.map

https://gitlab.com/xonotic/xonotic-maps...._jumppad01

you can see it it use on atelier.

Hi,
The font in my terminal is extremely small.
Is there a way to fix this?
I like Bread Smile

con_textsize 9 (that's what I use). You'll need to restart game after changing it, otherwise things will look a little messed up.
[Image: 230.png]

How do you get such a nice signature from the Xonotic stats? Like that image everyone has.

I already have my stats url.

DescX, see this thread. You may not have one yet, but if you do you'll see it via the instructions in that thread.
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

Hi, I just found Xonotic, and was wondering if it was possible to set up a LAN party for this game without needing to connect to any external servers?

Thanks.

(04-07-2017, 01:15 PM)Whammywon Wrote: Hi, I just found Xonotic, and was wondering if it was possible to set up a LAN party for this game without needing to connect to any external servers?

Thanks.

Hello, and welcome. Absolutely, you can!

If you plan on running a server, look at the provided ./server/server.cfg as a starting point. 

Copy this file to to ~/.xonotic/data (Windows, use: C:\Users\yourusername\Saved Games\xonotic)

Modify (at minimum) the following suggested settings:

net_address 192.168.1.125  // use an IP on the LAN
sv_public 0                // set to private

This can be run with a run line such as:

./xonotic-dedicated +exec server.cfg

Clients can connect with:

connect 192.168.1.126  // or whatever the LAN IP is

Damn z you're still around?

(04-07-2017, 02:41 PM)Daisy[SMB] Wrote: Damn z you're still around?

Xonotic's a fun game, but the community, and development opportunities are what really keep me coming back Smile. Nice to see you btw.

How does one play Overkill mode?

(04-09-2017, 10:53 AM)Dabu Wrote: How does one play Overkill mode?

You either join Overkill server or type this in console/server.cfg:
Code:
g_overkill 1
exec balance-overkill.cfg

(04-10-2017, 12:23 PM)Lyberta Wrote:
(04-09-2017, 10:53 AM)Dabu Wrote: How does one play Overkill mode?

You either join Overkill server or type this in console/server.cfg:
Code:
g_overkill 1
exec balance-overkill.cfg
Noooo, this is a common mistake, this will only give you something that looks like overkill but misses the physics, dodging, nades and other features. 0.8.2 finally includes a playable overkill config in defaultOverkill.cfg. Note however that currently this would also overwrite your client settings so you have 2 options:

a) comment out 'exec defaultXonotic.cfg' from the file before executing it

b) use 'exec defaultOverkill.cfg; exec config.cfg' - this will overwrite your client settings and immediately restore them (they only get saved to the file when exiting xonotic so the file still has them)

Also note that I didn't manage to get all my variables into the default config so you might wanna also exec the config that runs on WTWRP Overkiil.
[Image: 30381.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Rainbow Xonotic - a few questions Soniee 10 4,773 02-06-2014, 03:26 PM
Last Post: Antibody