Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Xonotic: Video on Demand (VoD)

sorry! it was my first test, many Youtubers do thematic videos.. you didn't say "not do" commentary.
I shouldn't speak about bullshit. I cut the video, only OT, that was most exciting.

Bug 
As a crotchety old xonotician, I find the following content offensive:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcfnQC4eY4o

GATTS showing off his rocket curving skills, this is an old clip that I forgot to upload before.

That is a truly amazing shoutcast I have to say. I was laughing my head off - especially since the irony extended to the shoutcaster's own expertise ("There was a crylink there, but he decided not to take it..." ... on hub. Or naming the MG a sniper rifle.). A very good commentary on hub, taking neither the game nor itself serious while delivering high quality lines constantly ("This Deadalus kid, he really knows what he is doing - when it comes to teleportation", "he's on very low health, but he HAS found the full health pack", or at around 2 mins in the game at 2:0 (!): "this game is intense! The sheer amount of time that it takes for each game to be played out is testament to their true skill. Deadalus is making a bold move - no he's not..."). Awesome.

Thank you for sharing but why the weird topic name?
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

I think with the thread name he meant that some kids found a game meant for adults, which probably refers to their clumsy and inexperienced child-like way of playing it.

The casting was clever, some fun remarks here and there. However, every time I see a duel player do a mistake, I get this irritating sting and itch all over my body along with the urge to shout "GO THERE YOU IDIOT, YOU'RE GONNA F*ING LOSE!"

idk if I should laugh or cry but in any case everybody has different kind of humor.

Yes, like leaving mega items aside while being at 20 h or so. But what I liked is that the players' voice was also audible and that you could clearly hear they had a lot of fun.
<player>"I can't switch weapons fast enough"
<shoucaster>"He cannot switch weapons fast enough. Unfortunately, that could kill you!"
*splut*
<player>(astonished) "Aehh, it does!"

I just love it when people are capable of self irony.

Oh, and thank you for the interpretation help, I really didn't get it. When I think of toddlers finding a cigar then the predominant association is acute life danger. The way you put it makes sort of sense, though I have a hard time ignoring the seriousness of the metaphor's implication.
My Xonstats Profile

I think a cigar to a toddler could only readily be dangerous if they tried to swallow it (after all, we can assume they don't know how to work a lighter) Wink

An alternative title I toyed with was "mules find a spinning wheel" http://simpsons.wikia.com/wiki/Lyle_Lanley but it doesn't convey the same sense of ironically inflated self-satisfaction these kids are displaying incompetently role playing skilled e-sportsmen.

I think it's a wonderful example of poe's law. Are they serious or are they trolling?! The humour lies within the ambiguity!

At any rate, I think Antibody has some real competition here...

Well, chewing it would be the toddler's approach to examine new things. IIRC. the amount of nicotine released when you chew it can easily be life threatening for a small kid. Anyway. I get what you meant now, so, yeah, metaphor delivered (with some help) Big Grin

I can't really believe they are thinking to deliver a quality gameplay experience from a competitive perspective, but they certainly deliver a quality gameplay experience from the fun aspect of it (which has always been predominantly important to me myself).

However, I'm uncertain as to how good the shoutcaster would be for shoutcasting competitive matches, as for doing that you'd need some deeper insight into the game's tactics and mechanics. But of course that could be acquired, too. Overall the shoutcaster transports a lot of energy and manages to keep up the interest, entertaining to listen to.

Maybe someone should post a link to this discussion in the video's youtube commentaries - "commentary review" ;o)
My Xonstats Profile

Why was this thread merged here? And it's kind of confusing without the OP.

I haven't merged anything?
My Xonstats Profile

metsu ZeRoQL (Stats) - <@nifrek> true, I guess in tdm you also dont always have your perfect choice of weapon, especially when ZeRoQL is controlling nex Dodgy
KILLING X ZONE - Xonotic community movie

it's all halogene's fault Big Grin

VODs from 2v2 cup

BOT - METSU vs. Mostly Harmful - Maps (Opium - Stormkeep)

BOT - METSU vs. Psychos of Xonotic #2 - Maps (Silent Siege - Stormkeep)

BOT - METSU vs. Schnappi&Pekka Super Team - Maps (Opium - Atomforge - Stormkeep)

Bonus vods Angel

metsu ZeRoQL (Stats) - <@nifrek> true, I guess in tdm you also dont always have your perfect choice of weapon, especially when ZeRoQL is controlling nex Dodgy

Sorry for swearing. Wink

thearcon your voice is there what you gonna do now? Big Grin

(01-25-2016, 04:02 AM)Smilecythe Wrote:
(01-24-2016, 06:26 PM)zeroql Wrote: https://youtu.be/8CbQsHzwU0I?t=35m4s
Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin This cracked me up

Yeah, I expected you to die from that. Dodgy

ZeroQL/Mirio gimme the demo of that map if possible Tongue

(01-25-2016, 01:54 PM)Smilecythe Wrote:

Hahahahha wtf Big Grin

Dang that motion blur looks so good I'm using motion blur right now but I like it better in the video feels more darker, grayish and decent

I can see it is probably the spawn system that makes you lose then. Either that, or it's a bug.
My Xonstats Profile

I watched the movie and as I can understand, this is just normal spawn-delay which happens when you don't press any key.(?) 5 sec spawn-time is the maximum (which was showed in the clip on Aerowalk.)
[Image: 65153.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Demos from the Crypt (Xonotic VIDEO) kojn^ 7 4,857 02-02-2019, 05:56 PM
Last Post: kojn^
  Some non-pro gameplay video unfa 9 6,919 07-07-2017, 09:17 AM
Last Post: Smilecythe
  Old Xonotic Video kojn^ 4 5,504 09-28-2016, 11:27 AM
Last Post: kojn^
  A frag video with a twist srkdy 7 7,503 10-12-2015, 12:59 PM
Last Post: thimo
  Overkill + Jetpack video end user 11 14,306 10-06-2014, 04:55 AM
Last Post: tZork
  Xonotic Video Tutorials machine! 6 7,533 08-15-2014, 05:11 PM
Last Post: poVoq
  Player model cat walk video? end user 6 10,178 07-16-2014, 05:36 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  Dedicated map repo and video hosting site... end user 28 29,962 07-13-2014, 05:04 PM
Last Post: end user
Video Basic movements video Karamel 4 6,290 03-25-2014, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Karamel
  Frag video of november KoalaBearScarf 6 6,788 12-06-2013, 11:06 PM
Last Post: dizzy