Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1v1 ruined by spectators voting

Why join a 1v1 server with people dueling if you want to play DM? This happens all the time to me. I join an empty 1v1, or with 1 person waiting. Spectators join, get impatient, and vote for DM. And it passes because there are 3 or more spectators voting yes. Why don't those morons join a FFA server instead of ruining a 1v1 in progress?

Are there NA servers that don't allow this, and how can I find them?

What server were you playing on? That's sounds aweful indeed, but can't be helped if server admin allows votable gametypes. Sorry I don't know what else to say Sad

Play on Antibody's Quarantine 1v1 (XPM) and Chicago 1on1 Server (XPM), those are duel-only servers.

(03-28-2012, 10:21 PM)nifrek Wrote: What server were you playing on? That's sounds aweful indeed, but can't be helped if server admin allows votable gametypes. Sorry I don't know what else to say Sad

Play on Antibody's Quarantine 1v1 (XPM) and Chicago 1on1 Server (XPM), those are duel-only servers.

Ok I will check those out, thanks for the advice! And I believe I was playing on the Dallas Volatile server.

I was thinking(if it doesn't exist already) that there should be a way to set the server up so spectators can't call votes. I like the ability to change the gametype within the server, just not spectators calling the vote in a 1v1. If this doesn't exist already, I will gladly make a thread recommending it's implementation(if possible).

But then, votable game mode servers will all get stuck in 1v1.

Rainbow 
(03-29-2012, 01:37 AM)W4RP1G Wrote: ...I was playing on the Dallas Volatile server.

The servers name does suggest it may change its characteristics Tongue

However, it might be possible to change the vcall alias and change the game type at the end of a 1 vs 1 round. Spectators could still call a vote for endmatch!

@ W4RP1G: Such a command exists.

(03-29-2012, 02:51 AM)Spaceman Wrote: However, it might be possible to change the vcall alias and change the game type at the end of a 1 vs 1 round. Spectators could still call a vote for endmatch!

It would disable the hole voting stuff for spectators.

(03-29-2012, 02:01 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: But then, votable game mode servers will all get stuck in 1v1.

But a Duel server is never full 24 hours per day, so you can change it when the 2 players left (or 1 of them).
Or you ask them nicely.
Or you join quickly when the next maps starts. Big Grin
(Or you call kick votes if you're mean Tongue)
Or [...].

But beside of that it's not the fault of the ('voteable') server, such a situation can happen technically with all gamemodes there. It's rather the fault of the players and their patience, although I believe this is the most popular (and kind of only?) DM server for the NA region.

I understand both parties here - probably just play Duel on real Duel servers like mentionend above, so you should not get interupted and you can play with proper server settings.

Yeah I'll probably try to stick with the duel servers from now on. I wasn't aware that there were servers that were duel only when I made this thread, I thought they all allowed for changing the game mode.

I was in the server when W4Rpig's duel was voted to a close. The voting for match end was the rude thing that I observed.

As per his whole deal with people voting for DM, that was me, the game was set for duel, and after his match two players were up and the map was not a duel map, so instead of watching people play with the piano in the map, I made a vote for DM.

Sorry if it pissed you off, but there was no way that i could explain this to you with while you were calling me fgt nub, so I just let you be mad. Now you're taking it to the forums, so yay. = \

"you were calling me fgt nub"

Demo pls.
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

Or server/irc logs.

(03-29-2012, 06:12 AM)C.Brutail Wrote: "you were calling me fgt nub"

Demo pls.

Sorry, didn't record anything, as it wasn't important to me. He was obviously feeling like he was being disrespected because someone voted his duel to a close.

I agree with him in one way, I'd never seen that command in a game before, it blew my mind.

In that case, let me tell both of you, regardless what happened and who's the one to blame:

This behaviour is not what our community known of, and it is not tolerated by any means, let those be old or new members doing it. Voting down a game that is currently played just because you're too inpatient is rude. Just like telling the other fgt nub, because as far as I can tell, you're both noobies to this game and scene.

To get it short: you're both new in the sandbox, so as long as you play according the rules set up by those who were playing here before, you're very much welcomed (friendliness, respect, the general stuff people consider polite). Else you can find yourself out from the playground very fast.
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

[Completly OFF TOPIC]:

(03-29-2012, 07:44 AM)C.Brutail Wrote: To get it short: you're both new in the sandbox, so as long as you play according the rules set up by those who were playing here before, you're very much welcomed (friendliness, respect, the general stuff people consider polite). Else you can find yourself out from the playground very fast.

I like this. And I'd love to see THIS (or similar, straight forward) text in a HOWTO-Guide or readme which people should read before playing.

Right now, I'm really tempted to implement this in MOTD of my server.

Again, nice comment!
[/OFF TOPIC]
[Image: Sigsig.jpg]

(03-29-2012, 05:09 AM)MonoXideAtWork Wrote: I was in the server when W4Rpig's duel was voted to a close. The voting for match end was the rude thing that I observed.

As per his whole deal with people voting for DM, that was me, the game was set for duel, and after his match two players were up and the map was not a duel map, so instead of watching people play with the piano in the map, I made a vote for DM.

Sorry if it pissed you off, but there was no way that i could explain this to you with while you were calling me fgt nub, so I just let you be mad. Now you're taking it to the forums, so yay. = \

Man, if you would have explained it better to me, I wouldn't have gotten mad at you. And I didn't call you a fgt nub, i said "fucking stupid vote", you told me to chill, I called you a douche bag. Honestly, I had every right to be mad, and I don't believe you should not have told me to chill when I was wronged, but I do apologize for calling you a name, I was pretty damn mad. Also, I thought you called that vote out of spite because we were dueling earlier and I left to play QL with my friend. Sorry about the hostility Undecided

Anyway, I'm sure anyone could agree that voting to end the match while you're spectating a duel is a pretty messed up thing to do. I got my answer on how to avoid it though, thanks for the help guys, cya online!

No worries dude. FYI, i voted no on that and was shocked at the vote in general.

I just didn't want 4 people to be forced to watch someone plink out the super mario bros theme. But any way, I'm over it. Look forward to seeing you out there, and like I said, I'd be happy to give you some pointers dueling.

Awwwwwwwwwwwww!

Another example why I like this forum.
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

For those interested, here's the IRC chat log:

Quote:<k-> * Mitsukaru calls a vote for "endmatch Jefe3 wins xD"

<k-> * the vote ended with yes: 5:2, 0 didn't care, 1 didn't vote

<k-> dm_bloodrun_a2 ended: Jefe3 12, 0P1G_V3n0m0 2

<k-> * hotrock#9<=> calls a vote for "ctf"

<k-> <MonoXideatWork> :-) / nice one

<k-> <Mitsukaru> lolol

<k-> <MonoXideatWork> wow

<k-> <Jefe3> lol

<k-> <Jefe3> first time playing

<k-> <Jefe3> o.o

<k-> <0P1G_V3n0m0> fucking stupid vote

<k-> <MonoXideatWork> chill pig

<k-> <MonoXideatWork> i want in!

<k-> <MonoXideatWork> =)

<k-> <0P1G_V3n0m0> good for you douche bag

<k-> * the vote ended with no: 1:1 (2 needed), 0 didn't care, 6 didn't vote

<k-> <Jefe3> lol

<k-> * Mitsukaru calls a vote for "gotomap peace5"

<k-> <MonoXideatWork> i voted no!

<k-> <MonoXideatWork> i wanted to see it played

<k-> * the vote ended with yes: 5:1, 0 didn't care, 2 didn't vote

<k-> * Mitsukaru calls a vote for "gotomap peace6"

<k-> <MonoXideatWork> don't hate me cause I'm beatiful. You're just mad.

<k-> <0P1G_V3n0m0> your a jackass

<k-> * the vote ended with yes: 3:1 (3 needed), 0 didn't care, 3 didn't vote

<k-> dm_peace5 ended: Mitsukaru 0, ZERO 0

<k-> <Mitsukaru> no u
[Image: 230.png]

Ah peace5, peace6... lol

'Take a chill pill' and try peace6dot5 ;]
"Yes, there was a spambot some time ago on these forums." - aa

Reading the log I think it was Mitsukaru who was responsible for the mess... I will watch his behavior, he plays on DCC's some times.
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

Another thing: there is a cvar to disallow spectators voting.

sv_vote_nospectators

in mode 1, this still allows anyone to vote during warmup to prevent servers from being "taken over forever" by 1on1 players. I just did a code change so this ALSO allows spectator voting after the match.

in mode 2, this never allows spectators to vote. But a server then would indeed likely be stuck in 1on1.

I recommend server admins who use votable game types and 1on1 among them to change their 1on1 config so that spectators can't vote in it, while in the other modes they should be allowed. This can be done by extending their existing aliases.
BRLOGENSHFEGLE (core dumped)

The Bot Orchestra is back! | Xoylent Easter Egg | 5bots1piano
My music on Google Play and SoundCloud

btw, just a heads up. IIRC the dallas server is NOT a 1vs1 server usually. I'm guessing there were only 2 people on the server, and they decided to start a duel, but then others came and wanted to play, so it changed back.

also, maybe there should be a a special vcall command, that only executes at the end of a match? This will allow the server to change, but without being rude.
Master of mysterious geometries

Imgur Gallery

Water under the bridge. I know now to use a 1v1 server for 1v1s. I also found that cvar to disable spectator voting when I was messing with server configs. Seems like a great thing to have in a server for obvious reasons. I personally think spectator voting should be disabled by default, but I'm sure there are some situational advantages to leaving it enabled.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  domination aspect in 1v1 Rage_ATWM 9 7,519 11-25-2010, 07:30 AM
Last Post: PinkRobot
  1v1 Commentaries Agamalama 60 58,882 08-06-2010, 11:13 AM
Last Post: kojn^