Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SUGGESTION] Slightly faster rocket angling

Not sure if everyone will agree with this, but I find the angling of rockets a tad slow when making them home, perhaps tweaking the speed a little bit so it's not as sluggish would be in question?

Guiding the rockets is really only useful when you have already fired with pretty good accuracy, unless you are at a great distance. I like this because you aren't relying on the guided rocket too much, only a little to fine tune your aim or track your opponent. At a larger distance like the middle area in Afterslime, you can turn very sharp already, so there's no problems there.

I think the balance for the rockets is perfect as it.

Then I'm not watching the movements close enough. Alright then, though I'd voice this one out.

Firing rockets at closer ranges still requires prediction/deflection/target leading, in fact more so than at longer ranges.

they used to be more turn-able ... but that made them overpowered ...
the current balance attempts to avoid the nexuiz nex/rocket dominance

The turn rate is carefully balanced purposefully -- learn to predict better Tongue

Smile 
The rocket angling is pretty good as it is. It takes a while to get used to and you have to use a combination of prediction/leading and curving, but when you do get used to it, it's really enjoyable. I love the rockets in this game, so many possibilities Big Grin

Here's an example of how manageable the rockets are in their current state:

(05-26-2012, 11:02 AM)srkdy Wrote: The rocket angling is pretty good as it is. It takes a while to get used to and you have to use a combination of prediction/leading and curving, but when you do get used to it, it's really enjoyable. I love the rockets in this game, so many possibilities Big Grin

Here's an example of how manageable the rockets are in their current state:

I refuse to be impressed until after you've managed to lead a rocket across every health and armor shard on the map.

*crosses arms and waits*
[Image: optsig.png]

Srkdy, you never cease to amaze me.

Bitch please, I can do that in my sleep, for I am SAAAAAAAAAAAAALAMALAMALAMALAA

People seemed to like the Curvy Rockets video a lot (83 views in a day is a lot for my channel)... so, for your viewing pleasure, nifrek and I present take 2. It's a higher quality video both in terms of content and production values. Enjoy Big Grin

That being said (or seen Wink ) it´s not needed to make the rockets more controlable as they are already. It´s just a matter of practise... as always.

Yeah, rocket launcher is one of the weapons in current balance I'd leave the hell alone as it is.

I'd like to see it fire just a little bit faster. Maybe 15%. That is all.

(05-27-2012, 08:58 AM)srkdy Wrote: People seemed to like the Curvy Rockets video a lot (83 views in a day is a lot for my channel)... so, for your viewing pleasure, nifrek and I present take 2. It's a higher quality video both in terms of content and production values. Enjoy Big Grin

lol

Now you should make 1 in a ctf map that flies to the enemy flag and then back to yours.

(05-27-2012, 08:58 AM)srkdy Wrote: People seemed to like the Curvy Rockets video a lot (83 views in a day is a lot for my channel)... so, for your viewing pleasure, nifrek and I present take 2. It's a higher quality video both in terms of content and production values. Enjoy Big Grin

That might have something to do with the fact that I happened to post it to the official Xonotic twitter+facebook pages. I hope you don't mind Wink
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

(05-27-2012, 02:23 PM)C.Brutail Wrote: That might have something to do with the fact that I happened to post it to the official Xonotic twitter+facebook pages. I hope you don't mind Wink
I don't mind at all. Anything to help promote the game Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [BUG] you run faster while runing into walls??? Snowball 2 2,690 03-12-2019, 03:26 AM
Last Post: Snowball
  [SUGGESTION] Rocket Launcher model idea Beagle 5 6,056 05-27-2015, 07:45 PM
Last Post: Ogger73
  [SUGGESTION] Increase Rocket Rate of Fire Loafers 3 5,160 05-25-2012, 02:00 AM
Last Post: Loafers
  [SUGGESTION] rocket flying game mode chooksta 27 34,174 10-23-2011, 04:38 AM
Last Post: chooksta
  [SUGGESTION] Rocket duel of awesome. Nesquick 3 4,166 01-05-2011, 03:05 PM
Last Post: Cortez666
  [SUGGESTION] Rocket Launcher vs. Mortar Balance Sir Emeth Mimetes 14 15,002 11-28-2010, 02:47 PM
Last Post: rainerzufalldererste