Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the git repo available?

Thanks DiaboliK, I got it working now Big Grin I have some problems with missing textures and particle effects though (lgbeam in particular)
Edit: Seems when I compiled, I did get an error:
Code:
+ /home/erik/xonotic/all update-maps
mv: cannot stat `/home/erik/xonotic/data/*-????????????????????????????????????????-????????????????????????????????????????.pk3': No such file or directory
List of maps that got deleted (if any) and currently are in /home/erik/xonotic/data.old:
total 0

That is not an error. Simply means you haven't checked out a map. So if you were to do:
Code:
./all checkout savagex/courtfun
./all compile OR ./all update-maps
you wouldn't get that error. Those ???'s would be replaced by the (I think) md5sum.

EDIT: Also if you joined a server and don't have the same branch checked out as that server that is probably why you have missing particle effects/textures.

Oh, okay! I'm lazy, is there a simple way to download the common maps, (I would guess the Nexuiz ones) because I have no maps at all in my map list? And my data.old is empty.

just go on a server and download the map!
in "%Xonotic%\data\xonotic-maps.pk3dir\.git\logs\refs\remotes\origin" are the maps!
MY NOOB STATS:
[Image: 788.png]

(07-24-2010, 06:27 AM)parasti Wrote: Try removing xonotic-data.pk3dir entirely and then run ./all update. That should attempt to download that repository again.

Hmm I thought I had already tried this but it seems to be working now.

I think I see the source of the problem too. Every time my shitty internet connection goes down for a moment, bash isn't able to pick up where it left off with that particular directory download. So for each large directory, like xonotic-data, I need to get it all at once or else throw it away and start over.

But then it should compile.

Thanks for the help, parasti.
(04-01-2010, 11:21 AM)Roanoke Wrote: Yes, beveled edges are more futuristic. Like BSG and their beveled paper.
But only on one edge.

Okay so I have checked out a bunch of maps into my xonotic-maps.pk3dir directory, but when I try to compile or ./all update-maps, I get these errors--

Code:
$ ./all update-maps
mv: cannot stat `/e/project/code/xonotic/data/*-????????????????????????????????????????-????????????????????????????????????????.pk3': No such file or directory
mv: cannot stat `/e/project/code/xonotic/data.old/red_planet-ee68f610320200fbe4089dcd34c5a110601306e1-1acaea011d09c59010dd3a3047fdda21378eb0cc.pk3': No such file or directory
misc/tools/xonotic-map-compiler-autobuild: wget: command not found
WARNING: could not download http://141.2.16.23/~xonotic/bsp-autobuilds/red_planet-ee68f610320200fbe4089dcd34c5a110601306e1-1acaea011d09c59010dd3a3047fdda21378eb0cc.pk3, maybe not ready yet
List of maps that got deleted (if any) and currently are in /e/project/code/xonotic/data.old:
total 0

And then none are available for me to "create" an offline/lan game with, like I could in nex. Other than the map source files of course, what do you need to compile maps downloaded form the git repo? Or is there something else I could be doing wrong?

Also, is there anyplace to stick complete pk3 maps from nexuiz, so that a xonotic compile will recognize and allow you to create games on them?
(04-01-2010, 11:21 AM)Roanoke Wrote: Yes, beveled edges are more futuristic. Like BSG and their beveled paper.
But only on one edge.

Anyone. . .?
But only on one edge.

Did you checkout the map branches while in xonotic/data/xonotic-maps.pk3dir, or were you in just xonotic?

(07-27-2010, 05:56 AM)Beefeater Wrote: Did you checkout the map branches while in xonotic/data/xonotic-maps.pk3dir, or were you in just xonotic?

Correct, I did that and everything else exactly as you said to. That got me the maps (MAP and other assorted files) that I can see in the xonotic-maps.pk3dir/maps directory which weren't there before. So that much works.

But now the maps won't compile and it gives me the above error. I might be able to isolate the problem if I knew what all the dependencies were, for compiling maps.

Or if I could use compiled map pk3's from nexuiz, that'd be fine too, but I don't think that works with a checkout.
But only on one edge.

That means the current map sources are still in the autobuild queue. There's no .bsp available on the autobuild server yet.
[Image:http://i.imgur.com/4XODR.png]640K ought to be enough for anybody.
     ― Linux Torvalds

Thanks for the info, I guess I just need to wait for the server then. Also got pk3 maps working.
But only on one edge.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fedora Repo Updateto 8.2 preactive 2 1,288 05-05-2017, 12:32 PM
Last Post: preactive