Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] Minstagib Alt Fire Repeating Problem

Whenever I play a local minstagib game the alt fire repeates automatically insanely fast and boosts me crazy high/fast. I've tried everything I can think of to stop it to no avail.

I have tried deleting my custom config.cfg file and starting the game with a new/default file and that didn't fix it. I'm guessing it's a bug in the game at this point?

I mostly play online, where the problem doesn't occur so it's not a huge deal but it'd be nice if I could get it fixed.

I'm running 0.7.0 on Linux Mint 16

Thanks

This shouldn't happen with a default balance AFAIK, the cvar needed to fix it would be g_balance_laser_primary_refire.
[Image: 230.png]

g_balance_laser_primary_refire is at the default of 0.7

I changed it to several different numbers without any affect.

I changed g_balance_laser_primary_force to 0 to make sure I was able to affect some kind of change and it made it so it wouldn't lift me off the ground at all. So I know that works.

Can you try with another version of Xonotic, either 0.6 or autobuild (or maybe both)? Also, you already said hat you removed your config.cfg, but please rename your Xonotic folder to start with a completely fresh install, and see if the problem remains.

Do I understand this correctly that it only happens in local matches, but not on servers??
[Image: 9216.png] Web: YouTubeSoundCloudFlickrzykure.de[unconnected]
IRC: #uc.xonotic #xonotic #xonotic.de #xonotic.pickup

Alright I finally had a chance to work on it a bit more. Sorry for the delay.

I have fixed the problem although still not quite sure what is causing it other than it has something to do with my config.cfg file.

I tried your suggestion zykure about starting fresh completely and the problem did not occur. I put my custom config.cfg file back in and it would start doing it again. I then tried just removing my config.cfg file and generating a fresh and it would still do it unless I restarted fresh all over again. I haven't had enough time to mess with it to try to narrow it down yet though not even sure I can.

So for now I'm just going to use a new custom config.cfg file with a fresh "install" and I should be good to go.

Thanks for your help fella's....now onto try to fix another strange problem I'm having where when I'm swinging on the grapple below any buildings it goes into super slow motion until I get real close to the bottom of the buildings where it resumes normal speed.

If I ever get the repeating problem narrowed down I'll add to the thread here what it was.

Okay nice, glad to hear it worked out! It will be interesting to see what the actual problem was in the end, I suspect some weird .pk3 or something Wink

About the grapple issue: no idea, sorry. I don't play with hook at all...

zykure you were right!

It was a .pk3 named zzzoverkill-61158e4.pk3

I'm new-ish to Xonotic so I didn't know a .pk3 could do that...so now I do!

It was also the cause of my other slow motion problem when dangling with the grapple.

Thanks!!! Big Grin

Heh. I wonder what's in there that caused the issue... Do you still have the file?

Yes I do still have it. I was hoping someone who knows what they're doing would want to look at it.

.pk3   zzzoverkill-61158e4.pk3 (Size: 6.1 MB / Downloads: 2)

Haha wow, it was just a wild guess .. nice Big Grin

About the .pk3 in general: The way it works is that all .pk3 files in the Xonotic directory are read in, in alphabetical order. If contents are duplicated, only the last file will be used. That means that if a "later" archive contains a file which was read before, it will use only the last one. This opens the possibility to make modifications without touching any of the original .pk3 files - just put your changed file into a new .pk3 (or a "xyz.pk3dir" subdirectory), and the game will use the new file. That is, by the way, the reason why your pk3 begins with "zzz" =)

Ah....great info...thank you!

Ah, it contains replacements for balance configs. It's a funny idea to give them the same name. Or to even include any cfgs at all, actually.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [NEED HELP] Input layout problem in Xonotic-SDL FinBiteLeaf 4 155 03-19-2024, 05:24 AM
Last Post: FinBiteLeaf
  [NEED HELP] Windows 10 -basedir problem BlazedRasta 4 4,046 03-21-2023, 07:34 PM
Last Post: AlexVelasquez
  [BUG] A font-rendering performance problem (of upstream DarkPlaces) NaitLee 11 2,828 08-20-2022, 01:23 AM
Last Post: NaitLee
Question [NEED HELP] Problem with charset of names in XonStat API NAPALM 0 893 11-11-2021, 08:38 AM
Last Post: NAPALM
  [NEED HELP] cant start the game/ session lock problem skyghost47 1 2,796 10-24-2020, 11:50 PM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  Chat key bind problem BuddyFriendGuy 4 2,929 01-26-2019, 11:12 PM
Photo [NEED HELP] When in game, the guns keep firing, sometimes doesn't fire when pointed at a target. U1Y5Y5 3 3,365 09-12-2017, 01:28 PM
Last Post: SpiKe
  [NEEDS INFO] Dedicated server problem. kreestenrx1234 2 3,137 04-27-2016, 03:30 PM
  [NEED HELP] Player model problem hysik 2 3,731 12-15-2015, 11:35 AM
Last Post: hysik
  [NEEDS INFO] Invisible MinstaGib Model Beagle 5 5,455 06-21-2015, 07:49 PM
Last Post: Beagle