Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Xonotic Trailer

Debugger Wrote:Any other nice freeware editors?

I don't know how to use it, but Cinelerra looks good. Unfortunately I think it only works on Linux atm.

Patent absurdity used Cinelerra along with Inkscape, Blender and Audacity iirc.

Edit: Lumiera seems to be a rewrite of Cinelerra, developed by the same community. Idk if it's stable, but it might be worth checking out Smile
[Image: vN3NkMA]
(Idea stolen from Mr. Bougo. Hehehehe)

I'm back and would like to help out on that project. Anyway, let's wait until a beta's released.

(08-03-2010, 01:46 AM)clanclanclan Wrote:
Debugger Wrote:Any other nice freeware editors?

I don't know how to use it, but Cinelerra looks good. Unfortunately I think it only works on Linux atm.

Patent absurdity used Cinelerra along with Inkscape, Blender and Audacity iirc.

Edit: Lumiera seems to be a rewrite of Cinelerra, developed by the same community. Idk if it's stable, but it might be worth checking out Smile
tbqh Lumiera (which seems to be the new name for Cinecutie? idk) would have a pretty hard time being less stable than the vanilla Cinelerra/Cinelerra CV builds. It's a pretty full-featured program, but good grief it crashes a lot. And unfortunately there's not much FOSS that offers anything near its feature parity. It got to a point where I couldn't even import footage without the whole program shitting itself Sad

Here's my concept for the ad.

Another concept.

Soundtrack: Rising of the Phoenix.

-:02 seconds
Black screen.

:00 seconds
As the music starts playing, the blackness slowly starts fading. As it fades, we begin to see moving lights.

:10
At this point the blackness is completely done fading and we see a flythrough of dance or another map.

:13
When the drums start, the view transitions to a player navigating this map in a combat situation. Lots of bunnyhopping and movement, a few frags.

:26
When the high notes start, the camera detaches and becomes third person. A series of awesome frags are shown, each beginning in slowmo when the fight starts and accelerating to the end.

:34
When the electric noises start, our hero is shown going for the flag. However, he is apprehended by enemies. Slowmo-fastmo third person frags follow with a variety of weapons.

:50
The enemies are taken down and our hero grabs the flag. He jumps up onto the top level and begins moving home.
After this, we see the other guys respawn in their base and move into pursuit after grabbing a few guns.

:55
We see a row of people of the same team of the fc bunnyjump straight towards him, as the enemy is jumping over the division on the left of the base. There are two on a side, with a hole in the middle for the fc to pass through. As fc is passing through (bunnyjumping), he rotates, switches to nex, and time slows down. We see a series of closeups of the factions, slowly moving towards each other.

1:16
At the deep note, FC fires nex and takes out one of the enemy. Time speeds up again and factions engage in battle while fc heads home. When factions get in fighting range time slows down once more.

1:24
Here time begins to sporadically speed up and slow down as the factions do battle in a formation with one faction constantly running toward the other, they meet, and end up on the other side of the faction. They then attack again and so on. Variety of weapons used.

Battle happens in a figure eight formation, first a ground charge (switched sides), then laserjump into each other and airfight (again switched sides).

1:40
Two of the other faction meet fc and block him from entering the base. Fc goes on the offensive but is clearly taking a beating.

:49
FC is taken out and the flag drops. The two enemies scamper to reach the flag which is at a distance. Camera changes to position of a player to their side, with the zoom binoculars visible but no hud.

2:05
Time has been slowing down to this point and reaches its slowest. The sniper frags the two enemies with one shot when they align from his viewpoint. Sniper uncrouches and camera moves out, spirals around the sniper counter-clockwise looking at his face then moves to the flag, which is picked up by one of fc's team and then follows that person into the base.

2:31
We see a cap then instantly blackness. Xonotic logo becomes apparent.
(07-18-2010, 10:59 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: How could anyone with ADHD tell its a high damage weapon if it wasn't a gigantic metal cock fucking the map whenever a player gets within 3 meters of a wall?

[Image: di-712770583645.png]

(07-29-2010, 08:25 PM)Roanoke Wrote: Would have to use gameplay footage, not doctored stuff/prerendered stuff.
...and you wanted no doctored stuff!?

then tell me what that is!
MY NOOB STATS:
[Image: 788.png]

What what is?
(07-18-2010, 10:59 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: How could anyone with ADHD tell its a high damage weapon if it wasn't a gigantic metal cock fucking the map whenever a player gets within 3 meters of a wall?

Just let people make there own trailer, and then submit them, vote for the best in poll, simplest way and means people can do there own creativity.

I believe there should be some certain criteria, such as, has to show CTF 1on1 FFA etc and x many maps and models.
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

Showing several gametypes and maps is good for an overall gameplay display, but you can't "tell a story", so to speak.

well...
...do we want to tell a story?
...do we want doctored stuff?
...do we want a pink turtle running across the map? xD

we should create many trailers and then we should make a poll!
and vote for the OFFICIAL RELEASE trailer!
MY NOOB STATS:

Alright, but defenitely not doctored/prerendered stuff - that amounts to lying to the viewer.

Prerendered stuff is fine for intro or outtro, as long as it doesn't link into actual footage taken.

I will talk to divVerent anyway about this kind of stuff, when the time is right when we actually have a working beta which the team is happy to release we can start collecting footage, I want to know what kind of things the development team want to see in a trailer, i'm guessing most of the weapons and maps are essential.

Once we have a list of things that should be in it, you should then start to create concepts.

Before an actual release is done, obviously there needs to be a thought out 'marketing campaign' so to speak, everything needs to be done properly, I would say let everyone post there trailers and then create a poll after they've been submitted and let people vote or let the dev-team choose which one's they want to use, i'm guessing quality of videos (as in very good picture quality) will be essential.
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

How long do we want to have the xonotic trailer?
If we seperate our "concept" into several parts (is the whole trailer going to tell a story? -> What happens in which part!?)

Everyone could show his own creation of any part ;P

but then it will be hard to have a story through!
Because everyone changes the "story" a bit!
MY NOOB STATS:

(08-19-2010, 08:07 AM)Debugger Wrote: How long do we want to have the xonotic trailer?
If we seperate our "concept" into several parts (is the whole trailer going to tell a story? -> What happens in which part!?)

Everyone could show his own creation of any part ;P

Length and subject matter should be left up to the creator. For instance, some could do a trailer showing short scenes from each gamemode, others can do a trailer showing a long scene from one gamemode that tells a story or something meaningful.

yes! everyone / teams should work on a full trailer not only on parts!
MY NOOB STATS:

A 5 minute long video showing gameplay from a gamemode wouldn't be a trailer. The official trailer should be short and show in about 1 or 2 mins the action of the game. It also shouldn't show every map (but of course many) or anything from the menu.

Why not simply adding gameplay (singleplayer, multiplayer, perhaps also mods like nexball) vids on the mainpage (which should be uploaded on the official YouTube account) for this stuff? This would give people who want to know, or actually see more, more stuff. Anyway, just my opinion.

Well there could be more trailers than only one!
- THE OFFICIAL TRAILER
- Gameplay trailer
- Cinematic (map) trailer

and so on Big Grin
MY NOOB STATS:

What about this little pick of music?^^ Did someone already post it? Tongue
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPyw0MJAVGo
Its length is 3 minutes :/

yeah thats me.

I made sth UNOFFICAL (means I hadn't been talking to anyone before I have uploaded it) and I think it needs to be better. However its sth, not only talking about. Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT1mV3ELDYs some of You've might already seen it

Looks cool. Oh, and I have Premiere. Adobe Premiere.
(08-10-2012, 02:37 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Cloud is the new Web 2.0. It makes no damn sense to me.

(08-20-2010, 02:49 AM)Debugger Wrote: What about this little pick of music?^^ Did someone already post it? Tongue
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPyw0MJAVGo
Its length is 3 minutes :/

Wow! Very good! For the background music, I suggest to use the ingame menu music.
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

We need a trailer as good as this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaMTedT6P0I
nomnomnomnonmonm:
"the best trolls are indistinguishable from idiots"

Wow, I want to play that game now.

Would be interesting to know what engine that Minecraft uses. Looks pretty awesome, maybe we should port to that engine?
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!