Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
@Melon Planet server kicks

I was just playing 3 minutes on this server, against what seemed to be the two PRS clan members owning the server.

When it became obvious that I was a strong veteran player, they kicked me 3 times in a row, without them simply asking me to leave. They didn't say anything at all.

I know people hate a lot on the veterans, but that is just rude and typical of powertrip dictatorship cancer.

Extreme Voltage Servers serve the people, not the owners. Our servers are governed by democratic principles, respecting basic rights and basic etiquette. We don't abuse power to try to bully players for any reason, be that their strength or weaknesses or opinions or personal identity. You are free to clone our servers: http://xonotic.us.to.
Visit our clan website: http://extreme.voltage.nz/

(03-18-2023, 02:28 PM)ballerburg9005 Wrote: I was just playing 3 minutes on this server, against what seemed to be the two PRS clan members owning the server.

When it became obvious that I was a strong veteran player, they kicked me 3 times in a row, without them simply asking me to leave. They didn't say anything at all.

I know people hate a lot on the veterans, but that is just rude and typical of powertrip dictatorship cancer.

Extreme Voltage Servers serve the people, not the owners. Our servers are governed by democratic principles, respecting basic rights and basic etiquette. We don't try to bully players for any reason, be that their strength or weaknesses or opinions or personal identity. You are free to clone our servers: http://xonotic.us.to.

Hey, we kicked you so we could have a private server, obviously it was still showing up in the server list for some reason. You could just go play on one of the servers with plenty of players instead of picking our testing server.

We were simply not aware that it was showing up on the public server list. You were killing me so much I didn't really have a chance to type it out and explain anyways. So kicking you was the next easiest way to signal that we wanted to be left alone.

Ok, this sounds kind of strange to me. But I don't want to make a huge deal out of this though. Shit happens, you were just testing it or what.

Randomly banning, kicking and otherwise retroactively removing people's presence from communities in public spaces, for little or no reason at all, has become the new normal on the internet. But third-party software to expose and document this is almost always not available or just hard to come by. So it goes entirely unnoticed, like all the censorship on Youtube, etc. This is why I immediately made this thread. We are living in strange times nowadays.

It is better to document this right away. One of the most popular servers "Xonotic 0.8.2" (89.163.249.195) bans people arbitrarily (especially veterans) and he also impersonates them. Very few people know about this, because few people talk about it and only a small percentage check the forums. If we had third-party tooling to expose this behavior, or a 5 star rating system for servers as part of Xonotic, this would be very different.
Visit our clan website: http://extreme.voltage.nz/

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I can't see my listen server on server list fnmain 1 661 10-07-2023, 07:28 AM
Last Post: Grimnack
  Server not visible on the server browser for others or me DankoLord 1 1,806 02-21-2023, 08:02 PM
Last Post: ballerburg9005
  BaI server | South American Xonotic server (located in Chile) z411 0 2,739 01-02-2022, 11:36 PM
Last Post: z411
  Full server tutorial start-2-finish with maps & config from live server xonotic.us.to ballerburg9005 0 7,962 09-03-2021, 10:21 AM
Question [NEED HELP] Server uses 40% CPU whereas Nexuiz server runs with max 10% e-pig 6 4,959 08-19-2020, 10:17 PM
  [NEED HELP] Server dont appear in server browser abslimit 0 2,574 03-15-2020, 04:13 AM
Last Post: abslimit
  How to change server cfg on modified server veecho 4 4,302 04-24-2019, 08:15 PM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  [NEED HELP] Xonotic Server crashes TF2 server Professor 2 2,940 02-20-2018, 07:50 PM
Last Post: Professor
  0.6.0 Server not shown in server browser -maniac|Su- 2 3,734 06-04-2015, 10:48 AM
Last Post: -maniac|Su-
  Server appears to launch but is not in the server list TickleMeElmo 5 5,060 06-09-2012, 02:24 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo