Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 17 Vote(s) - 2.82 Average
Ask your questions about Xonotic here

I'm on a Radeon HD 4830 512mb that I bought a little more than a year ago, for $85. It seems to handle the game fine at max on most maps, but some maps are a little less than well optimized. the game remains completely playable with HDR/Bloom and World Lighting/Shadows turned off, and everything else at max.
[Image: jngsiggy.png]

When does a Beta comes out?
Someone said it will take approximate 1 month. But thats some time ago...

And the second one. How about a news update?
It looks like the project is dead. Confused

(09-28-2010, 01:16 PM)pyr0 Wrote: And the second one. How about a news update?
It looks like the project is dead. Confused

Completly agree. I think -z- wanted to add new screenshots and videos the other day.

Well the last update was on Juny 19th. That's some time ago...^^
There are a few cool looking maps. Which can be added to a news. + Some good looking screenshots Smile

Btw: Is -z- kind of inactive? Never saw posts of him. Undecided

A lot of work goes on behind the scenes. Check out the development site to see what's been going on Smile
[Image: 370.png] AKA [~] John Smith on Nexuiz

(09-28-2010, 02:45 PM)ThePWTULN Wrote: A lot of work goes on behind the scenes. Check out the development site to see what's been going on Smile

Things I do when I'm visiting www.xonotic.org
1. view the main site for some news information.
2. view the forums for some cool new ideas, models, maps, etc.
3. looking at the development tracker
...^^

Well I know there is something going on in the background,
but I _want_ a beta version of xonotic... please dev's let it be... Big Grin
The project starts many month ago. But sadly still no release, not even beta... Undecided

Well, we just have to wait^^

Agree with pyro, an update of some kind would be nice.

I don't think a beta is too far off pyr0
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

It really isn't that far off! If you help out at the dev tracker or go to the Xonotic dev IRC channel, you can tell they are working hard!

Just give it time guys and help out, and before you know it, Xonotic will be released! Wink

It looks like one of the big things holding it back is art asset development, especially maps, which is hard to help. Quality maps are an iterative process to produce.

It's a shame that they banned MikeeUSA! He had lots of great maps to contribute, like that one with the checkerboard pattern everywhere.

from what i know mikeeUSA got himself banned

(09-28-2010, 06:15 PM)shoeberto Wrote: like that one with the checkerboard pattern everywhere.
You will have to be slightly more specific Smile
"Yes, there was a spambot some time ago on these forums." - aa

What is needed for the beta, is some maps to get finished. That's all. Code features are finished, weapon settings are mostly ok, movement is mostly ok, models are mostly finished (need more glow though). Only the maps are still important to do before a beta.
BRLOGENSHFEGLE (core dumped)

The Bot Orchestra is back! | Xoylent Easter Egg | 5bots1piano
My music on Google Play and SoundCloud

(09-29-2010, 03:04 AM)divVerent Wrote: What is needed for the beta, is some maps to get finished. That's all. Code features are finished, weapon settings are mostly ok, movement is mostly ok, models are mostly finished (need more glow though). Only the maps are still important to do before a beta.

Thanks for giving me an update Smile

Project isn't dead, we need more maps. :'(

(09-29-2010, 02:38 AM)PinkRobot Wrote:
(09-28-2010, 06:15 PM)shoeberto Wrote: like that one with the checkerboard pattern everywhere.
You will have to be slightly more specific Smile
Oh, I was referring specifically to the one that had the checkerboard pattern everywhere, was poorly laid out for competitive play and also ran sluggishly.

(09-29-2010, 06:02 PM)shoeberto Wrote: Oh, I was referring specifically to the one that had the checkerboard pattern everywhere, was poorly laid out for competitive play and also ran sluggishly.
I finally see what you did there :p
"Yes, there was a spambot some time ago on these forums." - aa

Hi, I'm new here and only have one question:

how do I install xonotic right now? I know it isn't officially released from quickly glancing through this forum, but some people seem to play it. Is there some manual on how to do it somewhere? I'm a complete noob when it comes to programming, so a tip would be appreciated.

If you're running Windows: http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=666
If you're running Linux or Mac OS X: http://dev.xonotic.org/projects/xonotic/...ory_Access
In any case: be aware that you won't be playing a finished product, this is the development version which might include bugs and/or experiments. The finished product is what will be released on the front page, and it will notably differ in terms of performance compared to self-made builds from the development repo for example.

Thx for that!
Yeah I know it's not finished, but as I recently discovered Nexuiz and then heard that xonotic is the "new" nexuiz I might as well make the move right now.

Is there/will there be a XonoticNinjaz community?
Proverbs 25:8 Go not forth hastily to strive, lest thou know not what to do in the end thereof, when thy neighbour hath put thee to shame.

I got a question for the textures inside Xonotic ... this is not stupid spam .... the E7 evillair will be added to Xonotic ???
Same question about Dsi textures.
Thank for all the answers Big Grin
[Image: bartucnexuiz.png]

(11-24-2010, 06:00 AM)BARTUC Wrote: I got a question for the textures inside Xonotic ... this is not stupid spam .... the E7 evillair will be added to Xonotic ???
Same question about Dsi textures.
Thank for all the answers Big Grin

No. They aren't of high enough quality.
Links to my: SoundCloud and bandcamp accounts

(11-24-2010, 06:14 AM)FruitieX Wrote: No. They aren't of high enough quality.

Ty FruitieX
[Image: bartucnexuiz.png]

Hello there,

I saw a video on the front page of xonotic.org that indicated the presence of vehicles somewhere in xonotic. Where is that? Or did I miss something?
Proverbs 25:8 Go not forth hastily to strive, lest thou know not what to do in the end thereof, when thy neighbour hath put thee to shame.

It actually existed in Nexuiz, to an experimental degree.

IIRC, the effort was headed by tZork.

For Xonotic, I think there was discussion about furthering support for vehicles for eventual use in the Assault game mode.

tZork submitted it on the dev tracker with more details, where the target version says "Later".
http://dev.xonotic.org/issues/105

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Rainbow Your Favorite Maps cushinga 6 1,597 03-14-2023, 08:26 PM
Last Post: [CISN] Neigdoig
Rainbow What's your favorite color? Or which color you use in game? Kotangens 1 1,161 09-01-2022, 06:52 PM
Last Post: ballerburg9005
  FPS Showdown - Go submit your best frags! Smilecythe 4 4,370 02-19-2017, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Antares*
  Why is your server empth 24/7 slowtwitch 10 7,965 06-27-2016, 10:37 PM
Last Post: end user
Information We want your help Samual 35 34,712 10-11-2013, 07:48 PM
Last Post: Leroy
  Preparation: what's your nationality / native language? unfa 147 152,810 06-22-2013, 06:37 PM
Last Post: Wii-Wii
  WoX-BloX needs your help! CuBe0wL 14 11,426 06-26-2012, 05:43 PM
Last Post: CuBe0wL
  Here's my fair share Scorpion 8 8,090 10-31-2010, 05:50 PM
Last Post: PGP_Qz
  Pythonistas, please raise your hand Dokujisan 13 10,650 10-15-2010, 06:25 AM
Last Post: Spyroviper
  ITT: post your WASD teams 9 10,647 06-28-2010, 09:48 AM
Last Post: Lee_Stricklin